The Official 2014 WRX Thread - Page 13

View Poll Results: What do you think of this style ?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like!

89 67.94%
  • Dislike!

42 32.06%
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2014 WRX Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Schrödinger's car...that's clever. Agreed that cars are emotional stuff; it's why we all bother to be here on a forum, ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Schrödinger's car...that's clever.

Agreed that cars are emotional stuff; it's why we all bother to be here on a forum, right? Reason and logic have to come in somewhere, though, or my kids would just have to forget that whole college thing, while I celebrate my newly-purchased 911.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Pics to come later today
    Goin to the show?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Goin to the show?
    Today evening most likely. I'll go closer to closing time to avoid the crowds & take some pics.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Today evening most likely. I'll go closer to closing time to avoid the crowds & take some pics.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Reason and logic have to come in somewhere, though, or my kids would just have to forget that whole college thing, while I celebrate my newly-purchased 911.
    Luckily my wife and I are emotional about cars at different times so we keep each other in check. We routinely remind our 2 year old his college fund is just a trust at this point and it could very easily be a Mustang GT 500 (for her) or maybe an Audi Allroad (for me). He seems genuinely concerned. His college and our Roths are why I am still without any modifications and will remain that way for the foreseeable future.

She likes the look of the concept though, so who knows, maybe she will join the dark side.
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

Wow, a lot of back and forth on this. This is the territory that car magazines live in..."cool concept...will there be a production model? will it have a lot to do with this concept? will it have a little to do with this concept? Was this just a styling exercise by Subaru, to gauge response, but could be completely altered by those neat guys in marketing, that like to justify their existence?"

There's no way to know. I take car purchases quite seriously, because I take my finances quite seriously. (and I need a car that's the right match to me) Here's my recommended procedure, if you're determined to buy a new car from a dealer:

1)Wait 'til "1st drive" articles appear online and in mags. Read them all. Watch the videos that will inevitably be produced by "Ignition", etc.
    2)Wait 'til an actual model appears at a nearby dealer. Go look at it. Drive it. Ignore salesperson, who, doing his job, is trying to close a deal. (apologies to salespeople)
    3)Go home. Reflect on driving experience away from pretty new paint and razmatazz of dealership. Develop questions about the car. Answer the question: "what am I looking for in this vehicle?" Also "can I afford this vehicle?"
    4)Buy car, if that's what fell out of all of this.

This all seems awfully obvious, but there seem to be people in here and on Fbook that are prepared to buy based on a glimpse of a non-existent car model.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Yeah, I don't know why everyone is getting all excited about this "concept," the next WRX is gonna look like this, right!?!?

I thought so too so I bought a brand new 2013 last month. Now I see the pics of the concept, if it will look anything like that I sure wish I would have waited!

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itsweird182 View Post
    I thought so too so I bought a brand new 2013 last month. Now I see the pics of the concept, if it will look anything like that I sure wish I would have waited!
    I'll buy your 13 for 20k.

What Ray said is how I feel as well. One thing I would add is that I won't buy first year vehicles I want others to do my beta testing for me and I will take the second year that has the bugs worked out.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Wow, a lot of back and forth on this. This is the territory that car magazines live in..."cool concept...will there be a production model? will it have a lot to do with this concept? will it have a little to do with this concept? Was this just a styling exercise by Subaru, to gauge response, but could be completely altered by those neat guys in marketing, that like to justify their existence?"

There's no way to know. I take car purchases quite seriously, because I take my finances quite seriously. (and I need a car that's the right match to me) Here's my recommended procedure, if you're determined to buy a new car from a dealer:

1)Wait 'til "1st drive" articles appear online and in mags. Read them all. Watch the videos that will inevitably be produced by "Ignition", etc.
    2)Wait 'til an actual model appears at a nearby dealer. Go look at it. Drive it. Ignore salesperson, who, doing his job, is trying to close a deal. (apologies to salespeople)
    3)Go home. Reflect on driving experience away from pretty new paint and razmatazz of dealership. Develop questions about the car. Answer the question: "what am I looking for in this vehicle?" Also "can I afford this vehicle?"
    4)Buy car, if that's what fell out of all of this.

This all seems awfully obvious, but there seem to be people in here and on Fbook that are prepared to buy based on a glimpse of a non-existent car model.
    Wait, there's a procedure!? Damn it!

After seeing this, it confirmed my decision if I should wait for the 2014 or not and it's safe to say I won't. Now I can't wait till Summer to place an order for a 2013. That and I read that it'll be using a modified 2.0 F-4 FA20 from the BRZ/FR-S rated almost 300hp. Don't know about that yet because the EJ engines are always my favorite.
    Last edited by Genzo; 04-06-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    2003 Infiniti FX35 Sport Package - Metallic Copper

where did you read that from?
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Subaru WRX Concept First Look - 2013 New York Auto Show - Motor Trend

Subaru's playing coy on the WRX Concept's technical specs other than mentioning that it's turbocharged and all-wheel drive (shocking, right?). The automaker has said in the past that it'd be powered by a turbocharged version of the BRZ's 2.0-liter F-4. That engine makes up to 280 hp in some Japanese-market vehicles. We're confident that the WRX Concept will make more power than the current WRX's 265 hp and 244 lb-ft of torque, and we could even see it being as powerful as the outgoing 305-hp WRX STI. The engine isn't the only thing the WRX Concept borrows from the BRZ; also apparently borrowed from Subaru's lightweight two-door sports car is a renewed focus on handling. Subaru promises sharp steering, sharp handling, and better body and chassis control than the outgoing Impreza WRX.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/future/con...#ixzz2PkEp1NRf
    The 280HP FA20 they're talking about is found in the JDM 2012 Legacy GT DIT Sedan(Saloon)/Wagon(Estate). It's actually rated at 296HP. Man, if only Subaru made that engine available to the Legacy here.
    Last edited by Genzo; 04-06-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    2003 Infiniti FX35 Sport Package - Metallic Copper

2014 WRX Concept.

Pictures of the 2014 WRX actual concept car are floating around the web. If this is a production ready concept, then YES, YES, YES, build this car. Subaru nailed it. What a cool update with all the historical design features fully modernized.

I Support ClubWRX
    There is an existing thread on this already (right at the top!)
    The Official 2014 WRX Thread

Mods, please merginate this in.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

interesting...

I, as with most people on here, will wait for the words to come from Subaru's mouth, as they keep everything very tight-lipped until they actually release
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"