The Official 2014 WRX Thread - Page 12

View Poll Results: What do you think of this style ?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like!

90 68.18%
  • Dislike!

42 31.82%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2014 WRX Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; she said wrx at the around 1:00...

she said wrx at the around 1:00
    Last edited by rajalucy; 04-01-2013 at 05:56 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rajalucy View Post
    she said wrx at the end
    Oh please, tell me you aren't that gullible. If so, then I have some magic beans to sell you...
    The video was very clearly spliced, you even see the transition. They simply filmed a section where the announcer was talking about the XV Crosstrek Hybrid, then filmed later when they mentioned the WRX. A quick edit, and just like that, you have a hybrid WRX! I think you're misinterpreting the video by a wide margin, or you're doing a masterful job of trolling me. Maybe both?
    Last edited by Rambo; 04-01-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

It's a concept. This bears so little resemblance to what we may be able to purchase in the near future that it may as well be a banana on the stand.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    It's a concept. This bears so little resemblance to what we may be able to purchase in the near future that it may as well be a banana on the stand.
    Not really. It is true that most of the car will change but, (hopefully) the design language will still be there. Might I remind you of the BRZ concept? The production model isn't too far off.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Not really. It is true that most of the car will change but, (hopefully) the design language will still be there. Might I remind you of the BRZ concept? The production model isn't too far off.
    Yeah, you say that, but what about the 2009 Hybrid Tourer? Last time I checked, the CrossTrek Hybrid doesn't have gullwing doors...

While the banana comment is an exaggeration, I think Soobvirgin has a fair point. My takeaway from the concept is Subaru is looking to add a more aggressive image coupled with a renewed focus on performance to the WRXs image, and that they aren't giving up on sedans, although other other body styles are wide open as well.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

It's all there for looks and show. None of those accents will be there for starts. The exhaust accents, the headlights sure as hell won't look liek that.
    Besides...Subaru has seperate plans for hybrid technology is another car
    https://wot.motortrend.com/confirmed...15-350127.html

Yeah, I don't know why everyone is getting all excited about this "concept," the next WRX is gonna look like this, right!?!?

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

That was an old concept I think. But still, looks pretty similar to the current generation

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Yeah, you say that, but what about the 2009 Hybrid Tourer? Last time I checked, the CrossTrek Hybrid doesn't have gullwing doors...

While the banana comment is an exaggeration, I think Soobvirgin has a fair point. My takeaway from the concept is Subaru is looking to add a more aggressive image coupled with a renewed focus on performance to the WRXs image, and that they aren't giving up on sedans, although other other body styles are wide open as well.
    No I fully agree that the production model will not be as close as we all hope it will be. I just don't think it will be a HUGE digression from the concept.

After all that 2009 concept was a more standard concept vehicle in that it wasn't already tied to a platform. Who's to say that was even the inspiration for the CrossTrek. Last I checked the CrossTrek was no grand tourer (GT) car lol. They have tied the WRX concept to an existing brand. I think it would be rather laughable if they came out with something that looked nothing like it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    That was an old concept I think. But still, looks pretty similar to the current generation
    Lol Will trolling again. That is a picture of the test mule for the drivetrain. They just used a 2012 Impreza body and slapped a hood scoop on it.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Hey, I used the correct font to make sure everyone knew I was messing around.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

The new conept does look a lot like a chargr in the front at an angle in that video...anyone else notice? or is that just me?
    It's like every car came together in a big orgy and fornicated with eachother and created....that

I saw a kia optima driving around yesterday in blue... it looks like the wrx concept from the side almost exactly.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, a lot of back and forth on this. This is the territory that car magazines live in..."cool concept...will there be a production model? will it have a lot to do with this concept? will it have a little to do with this concept? Was this just a styling exercise by Subaru, to gauge response, but could be completely altered by those neat guys in marketing, that like to justify their existence?"

There's no way to know. I take car purchases quite seriously, because I take my finances quite seriously. (and I need a car that's the right match to me) Here's my recommended procedure, if you're determined to buy a new car from a dealer:

1)Wait 'til "1st drive" articles appear online and in mags. Read them all. Watch the videos that will inevitably be produced by "Ignition", etc.
    2)Wait 'til an actual model appears at a nearby dealer. Go look at it. Drive it. Ignore salesperson, who, doing his job, is trying to close a deal. (apologies to salespeople)
    3)Go home. Reflect on driving experience away from pretty new paint and razmatazz of dealership. Develop questions about the car. Answer the question: "what am I looking for in this vehicle?" Also "can I afford this vehicle?"
    4)Buy car, if that's what fell out of all of this.

This all seems awfully obvious, but there seem to be people in here and on Fbook that are prepared to buy based on a glimpse of a non-existent car model.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Pics to come later today
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX;3001089,
    This all seems awfully obvious, but there seem to be people in here and on Fbook that are prepared to buy based on a glimpse of a non-existent car model.
    Obvious, yes. But for some reason, most people are emotional about cars. Logic, reason, and even fundamental civility go out the window just discussing the possibilities of what i view as Schrödinger's car. Even my friend who could not possibly care less about anything automotive couldn't wait to share his experience with his new Escape. Which went from being a burden type necessary evil to best day ever in just a few minutes of being at the dealership. Companies know it is primarily an emotional decision and play us accordingly.

Concepts are fun but I do not remember ever having fun shopping for or buying a car. Maybe because I'm still waiting on a flying car.
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.