The Official 2014 WRX Thread - Page 11

View Poll Results: What do you think of this style ?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like!

89 67.94%
  • Dislike!

42 32.06%
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2014 WRX Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Rambo You sold your brand new car based off a concept car and a dealer's opinion? That's ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    You sold your brand new car based off a concept car and a dealer's opinion? That's a uh... bold move...

Sorry, but a guy at a US dealer, or someone helping with a car show isn't going to know any better than us what Subaru has in store.
    Well not quite. Ive purchased 20+ new cars based on concept I realize concept is close and if the WRX is close to this rather than the ugly design now then I'm in. If they go back to same then I purchase a new 2015 Mustang based off concept. I still have my 2007 Shelby GT500 Convertible off concept also.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

And to be quite honest I did sell based on this concept. Again if I'm wrong I'll find another, that's what i do. At least I don't have a drug problem, I have a car problem!

I can't edit on this crap computer but this friend of mine is more than just a dealer helping out.

Some information regarding the WRX Concept:
    --------------------------------------------

Subaru today unveiled the SUBARU WRX CONCEPT at the 2013 New York International Auto Show at the Jacob K. Javits Center. The design concept hints at the design language of the next generation WRX.

The bold and muscular design emphasizes turbocharged power and AWD grip in a more agile and athletic form. The SUBARU WRX CONCEPT blends the WRX's famous power and road-holding prowess with an even greater focus on sharp handling, steering and communicative chassis. To further improve handling dynamics, the SUBARU WRX CONCEPT features a carbon-fiber roof to enhance the already low center of gravity and reduce weight.

Considerably lower, sleeker and wider, the SUBARU WRX CONCEPT delivers even more street presence than previous generations of WRX. The new grille design is larger and bolder and sets off the classic WRX hood scoop. A pronounced power bulge provides clearance for the new turbocharged engine and intercooler. A prominent hexagonal grille form and deep lower valences with air intakes are designed to enhance aerodynamics, add down-force and aid engine cooling.

The three dimensional mesh pattern of the grille denotes the sporting nature of the SUBARU WRX CONCEPT and sets the Subaru star cluster apart, while the new hawk-eye headlights integrate the Subaru family design heritage.

A sharp character line runs from the front corner through to the taillights, intersected by the boldly flared wheel arches emphasizing the Subaru's AWD system. The compact cabin greenhouse draws attention to the power and solidity of the body and focuses attention to wide stance that provides a visual link between body and chassis.

The rear design echoes the hexagonal design motif from the front grille and features a dramatically curved trunk lid that also acts as a rear spoiler. The distinctive wide rear bumper of the SUBARU WRX CONCEPT adds to the powerful street presence of the car and is off-set by large quad tailpipes denoting the powerful turbocharged engine. The aggressive rear diffuser improves vehicles aerodynamics.

The all-new SUBARU WRX CONCEPT features a new paint color, "WR Blue Pearl III", which modernizes the iconic WRX look. Fluorescent Yellow is used as an accent on the WRX badge on the front grille, the brake calipers and the exhaust tip finishers, adding character notes to the design.

Filling out the broad fenders are BBS "RI-D" One Piece Forged Duralumin wheels and featuring 245/40ZR20 Dunlop tires with an exclusive tread pattern.

Key Dimensions
    (Overall Length x Width x Height): (178.0in x 74.4in x 54.7in ), Wheelbase: (108.7 in.)

Source: House of Japan - Japan News Technology Autos Culture Life Style

Quote Originally Posted by YFD_322 View Post
    So since I started this thread I never recieved any info on this new WRX even though I knew a guy running the car show here in NY. So I went and purchased a 2103 Veloster Turbo im Matte paint. I swear 2 days later the pics of this came out and I kicked myself. So much so I gave the car back to the dealer and lost a ton! I am now awaiting this killer WRX. I called the guy and he told me and i truly believe anyway that the new WRX will look very close to this. Hopefully they come up with a couple new colors also.
    this is probably the dumbest thing to do on the planet. the car is a concept right now and is not available to purchase yet... why would you sell the car back to a dealer at a loss for a car that you can't even buy? That's just retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by YFD_322 View Post
    So since I started this thread I never recieved any info on this new WRX even though I knew a guy running the car show here in NY. So I went and purchased a 2103 Veloster Turbo im Matte paint. I swear 2 days later the pics of this came out and I kicked myself. So much so I gave the car back to the dealer and lost a ton! I am now awaiting this killer WRX. I called the guy and he told me and i truly believe anyway that the new WRX will look very close to this. Hopefully they come up with a couple new colors also.
    lololol

I Support ClubWRX
    Kind of half way confirming that there will be an STI version in this article. I'm not 100% sure I trust the source but, it sounds legit enough lol.

Subaru Exec Trolls Internet, Confirms Next-Generation WRX STI After WRX Concept Unveil - Automotive News

Just "fact checked" the article and sure enough Michael Mchale did comment on a post of theirs with those exact words "An STI will happen" and "not RWD"
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 04-01-2013 at 07:09 AM.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

what reason would they have to not offer an STi model of the wrx? I just assumed it was a guarantee.

Anybody hear anything about Subaru Technica International going away anytime soon? If not, then there will probably be a 2014 WRX STI.

I Support ClubWRX
    People were getting nervous that because it was specifically announced as a "WRX Concept" with no mention of an STI version at the release that it wasn't going to happen.

There was even talk that they would just integrate it into one brand and allow people the choice of "performance upgrades" done by the factory.

Logic says that none of that would be likely but, logic isn't always used in speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
    Anybody hear anything about Subaru Technica International going away anytime soon? If not, then there will probably be a 2014 WRX STI.
    Well of course there will be a 2014 STI and it will be the same as the 2013 STI lol.

I doubt we will see a new generation until 2015 model year at the absolute earliest.
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 04-01-2013 at 07:16 AM.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I doubt we will see a new generation until 2015 model year at the absolute earliest.
    Well if that's the case, it had better offer one of these as an option:
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    You would!

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

New York Auto Show 2013: Subaru WRX Concept Revealed! - YouTube

after watching this you wont wait for new wrx (concept one)

Quote Originally Posted by rajalucy View Post

..... What?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rajalucy View Post

Sounds like the lady was talking about the XV hybrid in the background, while the camera focused on the WRX. Made it appear as if the WRX would be a hybrid...
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth