The Official 2014 WRX Thread - Page 10

View Poll Results: What do you think of this style ?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like!

89 67.94%
  • Dislike!

42 32.06%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2014 WRX Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Seriously? The only part that maintains original identity is the hoodscoop It's blue! That's all I've ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Seriously? The only part that maintains original identity is the hoodscoop
    It's blue!

That's all I've got.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey...if anyone goes to the NY Auto Show (open to the public starting today)...let us know if those doors actually open and you can see what the interior looks like...suspect not, although current photos don't show the concept roped off, those windows look pretty dark as to not allow a view of the interior.

Come on Subaru...show us the interior...tell us the specs...Subaru must be a fan of Tom Petty: "The waiting is the hardest part"
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

Liking the new design. Makes it feel like a cross of the BRZ an the later gen WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    This is too generic. Looks like a mash up of everything on the road.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Released 29 minutes ago from Subaru to Facebook: Now that we’ve revealed the all-new Subaru WRX Concept, immerse yourself in an experience that brings the concept to life. Dynamic design, a turbocharged SUBARU BOXER® engine and Subaru Symmetrical AWD capabilities all come together to reignite your passion. http://subar.us/11IabfS

This is the link @ the end after scrolling through everything...all fluff...no pics of the interior or details of the specs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5x-A...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by pmacey; 03-29-2013 at 04:36 PM.
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

I Support ClubWRX
    I like it, but it needs a spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Seriously? The only part that maintains original identity is the hoodscoop
    Looks like it comes with swirls in the paint still. (But adding pearl to the blue is nice I'll take a coat of that.)

It's not a hatch so I'm meh on it. As others stated it looks like x mixed with y. But anymore they all do that. It's like computers have lost all creativity in the design process of reducing drag...
    Last edited by Rummie; 03-30-2013 at 07:10 AM.
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

As much as I love this new possible design of the WRX, I am thinking that the price is going to rise along with the all of the improvements and options. For that reason I am still leaning towards the 2014 BRZ. I hope that I am not wrong about this but I think that the WRX will see a few thousand dollar increase possibly over the $30k mark for a base. Just my thoughts. I am also trying to get a car that will be a DD and fit a couple peope every now and then. The BRZ fits just that. These are great days to be in the market for cars.

-Nate

Quote Originally Posted by 2013GTRNate View Post
    As much as I love this new possible design of the WRX, I am thinking that the price is going to rise along with the all of the improvements and options. For that reason I am still leaning towards the 2014 BRZ. I hope that I am not wrong about this but I think that the WRX will see a few thousand dollar increase possibly over the $30k mark for a base. Just my thoughts. I am also trying to get a car that will be a DD and fit a couple peope every now and then. The BRZ fits just that. These are great days to be in the market for cars.

-Nate
    The car isn't going to end up looking like that though. It's just a concept. Some things might stay similar but they're not going to make it more expensive. It's bad for the marketing here because they need it and want it to stay affordable because of the high demand for it.
    Plus I think they makeit look so futuristic for show at a car show

Agreed on the cost. Remember who the competitors for the WRX are: Mazdaspeed3, Focus ST, GTI, etc. Most of those come in a bit cheaper than the WRX currently. Not to say it couldn't happen, but I'd be very surprised if Subaru decided to widen that gap even more. Right now customers can say, "I really want the WRX, sure the (insert competitor here) is cheaper, but the WRX is only +/- 2k more." That's a tougher argument to make when the statement is "I really want the WRX, but the (insert competitor here) is 4-5k less."

If they bump the price up, who will the competitors be then?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Audi?
    Porsche? lol

So since I started this thread I never recieved any info on this new WRX even though I knew a guy running the car show here in NY. So I went and purchased a 2103 Veloster Turbo im Matte paint. I swear 2 days later the pics of this came out and I kicked myself. So much so I gave the car back to the dealer and lost a ton! I am now awaiting this killer WRX. I called the guy and he told me and i truly believe anyway that the new WRX will look very close to this. Hopefully they come up with a couple new colors also.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YFD_322 View Post
    So since I started this thread I never recieved any info on this new WRX even though I knew a guy running the car show here in NY. So I went and purchased a 2103 Veloster Turbo im Matte paint. I swear 2 days later the pics of this came out and I kicked myself. So much so I gave the car back to the dealer and lost a ton! I am now awaiting this killer WRX. I called the guy and he told me and i truly believe anyway that the new WRX will look very close to this. Hopefully they come up with a couple new colors also.
    You sold your brand new car based off a concept car and a dealer's opinion? That's a uh... bold move...

Sorry, but a guy at a US dealer, or someone helping with a car show isn't going to know any better than us what Subaru has in store.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    You sold your brand new car based off a concept car and a dealer's opinion? That's a uh... bold move...

Sorry, but a guy at a US dealer, or someone helping with a car show isn't going to know any better than us what Subaru has in store.
    Making payments on a car you don't want hurts as well. Maybe not the smartest move but might as well get out sooner than later.

I like this design. More interested in specs though. Very pleased with my 11 and this car looks like an awesome step in the right direction. A nice power bump, interior upgrade (better paint? haha) for around 26/27k would make me bite if I didn't already own one.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.