Moar BRZ Rumors...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Moar BRZ Rumors... within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just saw on CarBuzz the other day that rumors (yes, rumors, sorry if this is repetitive) are circulating of new ...

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar

Moar BRZ Rumors...

Just saw on CarBuzz the other day that rumors (yes, rumors, sorry if this is repetitive) are circulating of new more powerful BRZ/FRS variants. Apparently, Toyobaru is looking into supercharging, turbocharging, or hybrid power boosters for a higher performance version. I hope they can squeeze a turbo set up in that engine bay for an STi BRZ and then Toyota can use a TRD supercharger for their FRS. Not too sure about hybrid power though, electric power adds too much weight and could sacrifice the fun-to-drive factor. What do you guys think? It's an interesting prospect at the least.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Aren't these selling great already? It's cheaper for the maker to sell them as is.

More power is not necessary.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

theyre hyped up over the past few years. demand will die down...and honestly not sure about the brz, but the frs in my opinion is way overpriced. the interior is cheap and crap, they dont drive as well...
    scion never has any trims on their cars...theyre all crap anyway
    but theyre going to need new trims and updates sooner or later

just my opinion

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    I figured the convertible that debuted in concept form at Geneva would be a decent mid cycle update and last the car until it gets a legitimate refresh/redesign. I can't say a more performance focused version wouldn't be cool to see, but it's pointless to even look at considering I would never buy one in the first place. And when Clarkson reviewed it on Top Gear, he only loved it because it was tail happy. I agree that making it more powerful may not be the answer as it already breaks the rears loose often enough to be fun!

EDIT: Also, maybe the money could be better spent developing the new Imprezza/WRX/STi models...
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

id much rather see the money into the wrx

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I like cars with very little In the way of "trims".
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    I sat in a brz last time I was at the dealership and thought the interior was wonderful. Didn't drive it, but really wanted to. I think the car around 220 or 230 would be an incredibly fun "toy." I'd rather have a motorcycle though if I was looking for a toy

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm very interested in the cars, and I'm leaning towards the BRZ because it offers more creature comforts.
    I guess slightly more power might be nice. It's funny though, the power to weight ratio is essentially the same as the WRX's was when they came to this country in 2002. The talk on ft86club is that there's some agreement between Subaru and Toyota, stipulating that Subaru can't market a substantially more powerful version 'til 2015. I have no documentation for that, though.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Top gear mentioned a deal between Subaru and Toyota as well but they said the deal was that Toyota gets to sell more. Meaning that they are importing more scions than BRZs. There could be other deals in play as well.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I remember hearing about that. Honestly, I don't know that I've seen anything conclusive to prove out either rumor.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

This is relevant to my interests.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It's not that hard to fit a turbo in there.. here's what they got out of the FRS here with a GT28 @18psi on e85 a couple weeks ago. Heart breaker dyno, and would have made more but it maxed out the fuel pump.

That I assume is near what we should expect from the next WRX. If it can make 362/320 @18psi it should do 300/250@ 14psi
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I really dont understand everyones obsession with these cars coming stock with more power. isn't half the fun adding the power yourself? I think 200HP is plenty for such a small car. There would need to be so much more done to the car to maintain the cars dynamics as well. I can def see toybaru coming out with something more powerful in the future like an sti version or a supercharged version, but I don't think its necessary at this stage in the young cars life cycle.

Plus, toyota is bringing the supra back, so they don't want something that can compete with it and take away possible sales of a (no doubt) higher priced car.

I Support ClubWRX
    I tend to agree. People that are disappointed because the twins aren't drag racers are kinda missing something...Toyota/Subaru wasn't trying to create a drag racer. This car is for the same kind of people that enjoyed Lotus Elans and early Mazda RX-7's, cars with feedback, excellent balance, and big fun factors. "Moar power on teh dyno, YO!" folks may have a hard time understanding.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast