Moar BRZ Rumors... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Moar BRZ Rumors... within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Also rather expensive, from what I've seen. That's actually on par with the pricing they have ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Also rather expensive, from what I've seen.
    That's actually on par with the pricing they have had for their kits for the past 10 years or so.

Us in the turbo world are spoiled.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    No doubt...whether it's on par or not, I'll have a rough time selling that upgrade to the wife.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

No doubt...whether it's on par or not, I'll have a rough time selling that upgrade to the wife.
    "just replacing a belt"

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Matter of fact here's pic i snapped with my phone.
    Attachment 112856

It is very compact and all located right there at the front of the car.
    Also rather expensive, from what I've seen.
    is this the $4,000 kit?

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, that was actually the prototype of the tuner kit at Sema. You'll notice the released versions don't have welded seams on the tube, they are all mandrel bent.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Subaru just confirmed a diesel convertible BRZ for 2015:
    SUBARU SURRENDERS AND CONFIRMS AWD TURBO CONVERTIBLE TWO-SEATER DIESEL HYBRID BRZ

April 1, 2013
    SUBARU SURRENDERS AND CONFIRMS AWD TURBO CONVERTIBLE TWO-SEATER DIESEL HYBRID BRZ
    - Maker Gives in And Admits Everything
    Cherry Hill, N.J., - Bowing to continued media and internet speculation, Subaru of America has confirmed that it will launch an AWD Twin-Turbo Convertible two-seater Diesel Hybrid BRZ for sale in 2015. The new model essentially takes all of the media and internet rumors surrounding the highly successful BRZ sports car and delivers them in one fell swoop.

A spokesman for the company said: “Having just launched the current model to widespread critical acclaim, we are tired of fighting off the constant speculation about what’s “next” and so we are just giving in and delivering all the speculation in one vehicle.”

The new model, which is expected to have a starting price, will however NOT come with a much anticipated rear back-up camera. The spokesman confirmed that after shoehorning two convertible switches (up and down) onto the fascia there just wasn’t room for any more instruments. The AWD Turbo Convertible two-seater Diesel Hybrid BRZ will come in a single color, noseeum black and will be hand produced at Subaru’s Brigadoon facility.
    Happy April 1st!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    I saw that too! Kind of disappointed in Subaru...played it a little on the safe side IMO. I mean, really, who hasn't seen an AWD TT Convertible 2 Seater Diesel Hybrid, right? Shame.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    I saw that too! Kind of disappointed in Subaru...played it a little on the safe side IMO. I mean, really, who hasn't seen an AWD TT Convertible 2 Seater Diesel Hybrid, right? Shame.
    you know this is an april fools joke, right? I just want to make sure you're also kidding...

Just curious but how would a supercharger work with a boxer engine? I ask primarily for mounting reasons...wouldn't that require some fancy pulley work(thus decreasing efficiency more)?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Wrx21 View Post
    Just curious but how would a supercharger work with a boxer engine?
    Just as it would for any other engine. It may even be easier in some cases due to the flat block allowing more room on top of the engine.

Just google supercharged BRZs and look at the pictures.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Yes, that was sarcasm.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

I Support ClubWRX
    I drove from zero - 65mph getting on the freeway with a BRZ after talking to the owner. It highlighted to both of us the acceleration difference. I hit 65mph about 10 car lengths in front of him in my wrx. I'm not too surprised since I'm putting 30% more power to the wheels than his car has at the crank. I was just hoping that the outcome would be different.

Still looks like a fun car, but I think my wife's V6 Sorento could out accelerate it.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    It may! But it really doesn't feel like it when you're driving it.
    After being in Shawn's, I'm an all-out advocate. The balance and overall handling capability of the car are on a different level than any Impreza I've been in or driven.

The fact that it traps at only 95mph isn't really a concern to me. There's plenty of power there for daily use, for someone that knows how to extract it from a high revving engine. Admittedly, it's not going to impress anyone for me to say "it's faster than my Ranger!"
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh the outcome didn't change my opinion at all, I'd still like to own one. Especially when I heard it chirp 2nd gear.

It is also very pretty in Pearl White.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Shawn's looks particularly good with the white and his gun-metal WRX wheels. The Fbook pics don't do it justice.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.