Moar BRZ Rumors... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Moar BRZ Rumors... within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX I tend to agree. People that are disappointed because the twins aren't drag racers are kinda ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I tend to agree. People that are disappointed because the twins aren't drag racers are kinda missing something...Toyota/Subaru wasn't trying to create a drag racer. This car is for the same kind of people that enjoyed Lotus Elans and early Mazda RX-7's, cars with feedback, excellent balance, and big fun factors. "Moar power on teh dyno, YO!" folks may have a hard time understanding.
    those are the kinda people who should just buy a nissan and go away haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    " I wanted a car that put down crazy numbers on a mustang Dyno. That's why I got a Subaru.
    Love, it's what makes a Subaru a Subaru"
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL, yeah, the Mustang was certainly a heartbreaker when I had my car tuned.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Yea I bet. Everytime someone points out a Toyobaru "flaw" I think to myself, "I like that".
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I agree with Sonic Wagon. it's 200hp tail happy menace. Its a ton of fun. Ive driven faster cars that don't make me smile nearly as much as my 03 wrx does, so clearly numbers dont matter. it's all in how the car makes you feel. a fast, loveless, car isn't for me.

Well.... this is NOT an article about the up coming wrx or the sti..... just a tuned and insanely powerful brz if all the claims are true.... drect injection is awesome.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/car-c...urce=pulsenews

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah at SEMA in Nov of 2012 there was a BRZ there in a vendors booth making over 400HP.

My take on it:

I know the cars are fun out of the box, but us car guys cant leave well enough alone. The appeal of more power from factory is that you dont have to add it in smog happy places like here and roll the dice with your warranty. While I have not driven one yet, all the published reports say its fun as is at sea level but becomes extremely anemic at high altitudes. So if you add 25% more power, it will be fun at all altitudes. Just sayin.

Oh yeah and LeDouche salesman at the Scion dealer said the TRD supercharger will void the warranty. Dunno if I believe him.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Oh yeah and LeDouche salesman at the Scion dealer said the TRD supercharger will void the warranty.

My father in law had a TRD supercharged Tacoma, and it kept the full factory warranty. Nothing like a 450hp V6...
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

yeah, I had a few friends with TRD supercharged tCs and xBs, the warranty held true... even after 3 engines and 2 trannys for 1 tC

Quote Originally Posted by Phobic View Post
    I really dont understand everyones obsession with these cars coming stock with more power. isn't half the fun adding the power yourself?
    Some of us actually race our 'sports' cars in sanctioned motorsports. With that comes rules. I can't add power unless the class I run allows it. The easiest way for me to get more power is when the factory adds it.

But I totaly see you point - as I'm an exception to the rule..... I wish I could have fun adding power whenever I wanted on my funcar. I just couldn't go from an STi to this. Kinda like when I drive an S2000, RX-8, Miata, Genesis, etc...... just waiting for power that never comes on. Those cars would be sooo much more fun with a bit more grunt.
    Last edited by STiDriven; 03-25-2013 at 09:54 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll admit it...even though I've gone on record here saying that 200hp is plenty for a pure sports car, I've still found myself wondering how much it would take to add a little bit down the road, should I buy a BRZ. Vortech's conservative unit is good for nearly 300hp (flywheel) on an otherwise stock car, if I've read correctly. A decent amount of thrust for a 2800lb car.

Vortech Supercharging System Update - More boost, more POWER! - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I'll admit it...even though I've gone on record here saying that 200hp is plenty for a pure sports car, I've still found myself wondering how much it would take to add a little bit down the road, should I buy a BRZ. Vortech's conservative unit is good for nearly 300hp (flywheel) on an otherwise stock car, if I've read correctly. A decent amount of thrust for a 2800lb car.

Vortech Supercharging System Update - More boost, more POWER! - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB
    yeah, absolutely. Im sure adding a supercharger to the brz would simply add to the fun, but IMO if you want more power stock then wait for the new Supra to drop in 2015.

I Support ClubWRX
    I saw the vortech kit at SEMA. It is clean, very simple, and very well made.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Matter of fact here's pic i snapped with my phone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364242220.860037.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	112856

It is very compact and all located right there at the front of the car.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Also rather expensive, from what I've seen.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.