Subaru Viziv is a diesel hybrid crossover we could learn to love
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subaru Viziv is a diesel hybrid crossover we could learn to love within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; With the 2013 XV Crosstrek, Subaru reaffirmed its interest in niche crossovers, and early signs are that it's selling well, ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Subaru Viziv is a diesel hybrid crossover we could learn to love

With the 2013 XV Crosstrek, Subaru reaffirmed its interest in niche crossovers, and early signs are that it's selling well, so will parent Fuji Heavy Industries green-light another one? That's the question begged by the new Viziv concept just unveiled here at the Geneva Motor Show.

Of course, this is a pure showcar, and the four-seat crossover coupe's drivetrain is suitably next-generation as well. The plug-in hybrid drivetrain system features a 2.0-liter diesel boxer engine mated to a CVT, and a pair of electric motors drive the rear wheels for a through-the-road all-wheel-drive system. By going with motor-driven rear axles, Subaru says it has been able to provide larger rear-seat footwell and lower load floor. More excitingly, Subaru says its control systems allow for side-to-side torque vectoring for improved handling, and the system actually apportions more power to the rear wheels when the Viziv takes a corner.

In typical concept car fashion, the Viziv features flashy butterfly doors that provide access to both the front and rear seats, along with oversized 20-inch wheels and cutting-edge lighting. We like the Viziv's overall design direction it looks more organic and all-of-a-piece than we're used to seeing from the Japanese automaker.

read more: autoblog.com/2013/03/05/subaru-viziv-concept-geneva-2013/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Interesting in a way....
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

I Support ClubWRX
    That's surprisingly modern-looking for Subaru, although it looks a bit "Focus ST" from the front there, with the Aston grill.

Honda's new SH-AWD platform is exactly this sort of hybrid platform with electric motors powering the rear wheels, and the torque vectoring ability. I'd imagine with the close Toyota ties, though, that Subaru would borrow hybrid tech from them, and not Honda.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

diesel? needz moar smoke stackz.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I can honestly say that I loathe concept cars. The production models never really look anything at all like concept. I don't see the point in spending all the time/energy into building a "concept" car. Instead why not make something more reasonable for production.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the idea. Diesel + hybrid would get great mpgs. I was on the verge of buying an A3 TDI. Love the torque diesel engines produce.

Sadly diesel prices are not lower than gas prices here like in many parts of the world. And which is why we may never see this car here in the US even if it does go into production.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    I can honestly say that I loathe concept cars. The production models never really look anything at all like concept. I don't see the point in spending all the time/energy into building a "concept" car. Instead why not make something more reasonable for production.
    I guess I see the point in why they build them...get reactions, let the designers experiment, etc. That said, it isn't that interesting to me, since they rarely have much to do with what I'm going to see on the road within the next year. I speed through the car magazine's coverage of show concepts, and move on to "First Drives".
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Exactly Ray. I do the same thing, skip right over any concept coverage and wait until I see something about road tests.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.