Lamorghini Veneno - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lamorghini Veneno within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The Miura was exemplary! The early Countach was striking. The Diablo looked great, better in person than in photos, and ...

I Support ClubWRX
    The Miura was exemplary!

The early Countach was striking. The Diablo looked great, better in person than in photos, and it was the last meaningful Lambo. The rest is forgettable and from an aesthetic point of view, regrettable -- though they sell a bunch of them. However I can't help but feel there's now a stigma ("pop musician" etc.).

Now, even the Diablo could have been kitsch. I think there are both North and South American Diablo derivatives made locally under license that looked absolutely disastrous -- a lot like the more recent Lambos.

Lambo were capable of doing angularity well; they just now chose not to. Espada, Jalpa etc. were all angular and all striking in their own way, especially taken in context (back then).

Ferrari are also completely lost nowadays, and they also sell, so go figure.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd still argue the Reventon belongs on the list of great Lambos. The Miura is king, but the Reventon was a very visually striking car, and really set the tone for their current design language.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Early Countach's are cool because, even now, they look bizarre if you're lucky enough to see one on the road.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure if I ever shared this.

I would argue that the Reventon was no drastic change in design compared to say the jump from the Espada to the Countach. The Reventon IMO looks like most modern day Lambos like the Murcielago.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Guess this wasn't a joke after all.

Lamborghini Veneno finally, officially unveiled

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Don't worry lads, they're only making 3 of them.

I'm a big fan of Lambo. So far, I think the only one I haven't liked the look of is the Murcielago. As a kid, I had a model of the Diablo SE30 on a shelf in my bedroom. I thought it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. Which was surprising, considering my walls and ceiling were completely covered in pictures of half naked women.

Tough crowd! This is going to be a very limited run car, think of it as a concept (ie. not necessarily where Lambo is headed in the future). You guys must have hated the Sesto Elemento...

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not the target audience. The car is embarrassing.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

We're not a tough crowd, we just aren't the right crowd. The right crowd for that thing also enjoys these:

All those were found with a simple google images search for "SEMA crazy body kit." To my eye the things that they did to that lambo are strikingly similar to the things that SEMA-oriented "tuners" do to cars. Vents and fins erywhere!!!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Really it works the other way around - the SEMA/tuner BS above evolved to imitate cars like the Veneno. To each their own I guess.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll buy this right after my album drops.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Really it works the other way around - the SEMA/tuner BS above evolved to imitate cars like the Veneno. To each their own I guess.
    Interesting. The spoiler seems like a direct nod to the F&F crowd, to my eye.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Interesting. The spoiler seems like a direct nod to the F&F crowd, to my eye.
    I see Le Mans influence, R18 specifically.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    We're not a tough crowd, we just aren't the right crowd. The right crowd for that thing also enjoys these:

All those were found with a simple google images search for "SEMA crazy body kit." To my eye the things that they did to that lambo are strikingly similar to the things that SEMA-oriented "tuners" do to cars. Vents and fins erywhere!!!
    Hey Will, you see that nail over there? Yeah, you hit it on the head.

Hyper angles are getting annoying. They don't make the car look "futuristic" at all. They make it look like the designer got bored and decided to be as extreme as possible. I feel like it lacks real creativity.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    My whole peeve is what exactly was the designer's aim in designing the car in the way he designed it. They are making 3 cars all of which have reportedly been sold. What is the point of having all those canards & air deflectors? All they had to do was slap a wing on an Aventador ,ask $4.6 million for it & those 3 buyers would have bought it anyway.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast