2014 Subaru Forester XT... is the the next WRX motor?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2014 Subaru Forester XT... is the the next WRX motor? within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2014 Subaru Forester XT First Drive...

I Support ClubWRX

2014 Subaru Forester XT... is the the next WRX motor?

- 2013 Silver WRX Stage 2 Hatch - SPT and Cobb upgrades, Thule Snowboard racks
    - 2012 Dodge Charger R/T
    - 1988 ASC McLaren Mustang

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If so, I hope they make a few tweaks to it before dropping in the WRX. Only 250hp? I'm guessing they don't push as much boost on the Forester.
    2012 SWP WRX Premium
    35% tint and that's all she wrote

Not a bad start, it does produce more than the previous foresters motor. So, I think it is safe to assume the WRXx will see an increase as well. I'm going to take a guess at near 300 for the WRX and maybe 350 for the STI?
    '11 WRX DGM

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwrxp View Post
    Not a bad start, it does produce more than the previous foresters motor. So, I think it is safe to assume the WRXx will see an increase as well. I'm going to take a guess at near 300 for the WRX and maybe 350 for the STI?
    I hope so. They had success with the 2.0L for a long time, so it will be good I guess. Just interesting. A new AWD control
    system is kind of exciting I guess too.
    - 2012 Dodge Charger R/T

The base model gets the 6 speed and the xt gets a cvt..... This is backwards I believe

Quote Originally Posted by 99pgpgt View Post
    The base model gets the 6 speed and the xt gets a cvt..... This is backwards I believe
    X2

The car looks decent on paper but they've taken the edge out of the Forester XT. No hood scoop and a CVT transmission are quite disappointing although it was nice to see that premium fuel is no longer needed. I hope they don't neuter the next-gen WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by N8INCHATT View Post
    The car looks decent on paper but they've taken the edge out of the Forester XT. No hood scoop and a CVT transmission are quite disappointing although it was nice to see that premium fuel is no longer needed. I hope they don't neuter the next-gen WRX.
    Well at least the wrx will get a 6 speed

I Support ClubWRX
    A well needed 6 speed! Even just at stage 1 + SF and cat-back it feels like you run out of gear. could not imagine the stage 2 guys making 350ish.
    - 2012 Dodge Charger R/T

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BombAtomic View Post
    A well needed 6 speed! Even just at stage 1 + SF and cat-back it feels like you run out of gear. could not imagine the stage 2 guys making 350ish.

Run out of gear? Unless they recently shortened the gear ratios 5th gear in a WRX is actually longer than 6th in the STi.. 5th gear in the STi is nearly identical to 4th gear in a WRX.

You run out of gear a lot quicker with the six speed.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Run out of gear? Unless they recently shortened the gear ratios 5th gear in a WRX is actually longer than 6th in the STi.. 5th gear in the STi is nearly identical to 4th gear in a WRX.

You run out of gear a lot quicker with the six speed.
    That sucks....with my 5 speed cruising at 3000 rpms gets annoying

Think this will up the price of the '14 WRX's? or will the starting price remain around 25k?

Quote Originally Posted by NewWRXguy View Post
    Think this will up the price of the '14 WRX's? or will the starting price remain around 25k?
    The 14s are gonna be the same as they are now. The change won't happen until 15'.

If they were changing in 14'. You would have seen the new body by now. Especially at the auto shows

Quote Originally Posted by 99pgpgt View Post
    The 14s are gonna be the same as they are now. The change won't happen until 15'.

If they were changing in 14'. You would have seen the new body by now. Especially at the auto shows
    Possibly, they have until June (i think) before they have to call the body style a 14. Though I suspect you're right, I haven't really seen any camouflaged WRX either. Well, besides the hood scoped sedan that looks like the base impreza, but I very much doubt that is it.
    '11 WRX DGM

Yeah I really want one. but I have to wait for the '14s to come out for me to even get the money for it. I am just worried price will go up with possibly getting a more powerful motor and better interior. Just hoping it stays the same.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast