2014 Subaru Forester XT... is the the next WRX motor?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 77

This is a discussion on 2014 Subaru Forester XT... is the the next WRX motor? within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2014 Subaru Forester XT First Drive...

  1. #1
    Registered User BombAtomic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Stephens City, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    68
    I Support ClubWRX

    2014 Subaru Forester XT... is the the next WRX motor?

    - 2013 Silver WRX Stage 2 Hatch - SPT and Cobb upgrades, Thule Snowboard racks
    - 2012 Dodge Charger R/T
    - 1988 ASC McLaren Mustang

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Ricktalife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    129
    If so, I hope they make a few tweaks to it before dropping in the WRX. Only 250hp? I'm guessing they don't push as much boost on the Forester.
    2012 SWP WRX Premium
    35% tint and that's all she wrote

  4. #3
    Registered User Kwrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spring Grove, PA
    Posts
    194
    Not a bad start, it does produce more than the previous foresters motor. So, I think it is safe to assume the WRXx will see an increase as well. I'm going to take a guess at near 300 for the WRX and maybe 350 for the STI?
    '11 WRX DGM

  5. #4
    Registered User BombAtomic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Stephens City, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    68
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwrxp View Post
    Not a bad start, it does produce more than the previous foresters motor. So, I think it is safe to assume the WRXx will see an increase as well. I'm going to take a guess at near 300 for the WRX and maybe 350 for the STI?
    I hope so. They had success with the 2.0L for a long time, so it will be good I guess. Just interesting. A new AWD control
    system is kind of exciting I guess too.
    - 2013 Silver WRX Stage 2 Hatch - SPT and Cobb upgrades, Thule Snowboard racks
    - 2012 Dodge Charger R/T
    - 1988 ASC McLaren Mustang

  6. #5
    Registered User 99pgpgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    251
    The base model gets the 6 speed and the xt gets a cvt..... This is backwards I believe

  7. #6
    Registered User N8INCHATT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chattavegas,TN
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by 99pgpgt View Post
    The base model gets the 6 speed and the xt gets a cvt..... This is backwards I believe
    X2

  8. #7
    Registered User N8INCHATT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chattavegas,TN
    Posts
    234
    The car looks decent on paper but they've taken the edge out of the Forester XT. No hood scoop and a CVT transmission are quite disappointing although it was nice to see that premium fuel is no longer needed. I hope they don't neuter the next-gen WRX.

  9. #8
    Registered User 99pgpgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by N8INCHATT View Post
    The car looks decent on paper but they've taken the edge out of the Forester XT. No hood scoop and a CVT transmission are quite disappointing although it was nice to see that premium fuel is no longer needed. I hope they don't neuter the next-gen WRX.
    Well at least the wrx will get a 6 speed

  10. #9
    Registered User BombAtomic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Stephens City, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    68
    I Support ClubWRX
    A well needed 6 speed! Even just at stage 1 + SF and cat-back it feels like you run out of gear. could not imagine the stage 2 guys making 350ish.
    - 2013 Silver WRX Stage 2 Hatch - SPT and Cobb upgrades, Thule Snowboard racks
    - 2012 Dodge Charger R/T
    - 1988 ASC McLaren Mustang

  11. #10
    Subaru Newb MainFrame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    7,999
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BombAtomic View Post
    A well needed 6 speed! Even just at stage 1 + SF and cat-back it feels like you run out of gear. could not imagine the stage 2 guys making 350ish.


    Run out of gear? Unless they recently shortened the gear ratios 5th gear in a WRX is actually longer than 6th in the STi.. 5th gear in the STi is nearly identical to 4th gear in a WRX.


    You run out of gear a lot quicker with the six speed.

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Run out of gear? Unless they recently shortened the gear ratios 5th gear in a WRX is actually longer than 6th in the STi.. 5th gear in the STi is nearly identical to 4th gear in a WRX.


    You run out of gear a lot quicker with the six speed.
    That sucks....with my 5 speed cruising at 3000 rpms gets annoying

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12
    Think this will up the price of the '14 WRX's? or will the starting price remain around 25k?

  14. #13
    Registered User 99pgpgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by NewWRXguy View Post
    Think this will up the price of the '14 WRX's? or will the starting price remain around 25k?
    The 14s are gonna be the same as they are now. The change won't happen until 15'.

    If they were changing in 14'. You would have seen the new body by now. Especially at the auto shows

  15. #14
    Registered User Kwrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spring Grove, PA
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by 99pgpgt View Post
    The 14s are gonna be the same as they are now. The change won't happen until 15'.

    If they were changing in 14'. You would have seen the new body by now. Especially at the auto shows
    Possibly, they have until June (i think) before they have to call the body style a 14. Though I suspect you're right, I haven't really seen any camouflaged WRX either. Well, besides the hood scoped sedan that looks like the base impreza, but I very much doubt that is it.
    '11 WRX DGM

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12
    Yeah I really want one. but I have to wait for the '14s to come out for me to even get the money for it. I am just worried price will go up with possibly getting a more powerful motor and better interior. Just hoping it stays the same.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •