2014 Subaru Forester XT... is the the next WRX motor? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2014 Subaru Forester XT... is the the next WRX motor? within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX I rented an Altima with CVT when I was in Missouri, a few weeks ago. Accelerating ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I rented an Altima with CVT when I was in Missouri, a few weeks ago. Accelerating in it had a definite "motorboat" effect...I wasn't a fan. It's mostly on me, I suppose..just not a fan of anything that doesn't have a clutch pedal. The car did seem to get stellar mpgs...
    Having driven both the subaru and the nissan cvt.. the nissan has a definite "slushy" feeling to it. The xv crosstrek had a pretty solid connected feeling during acceleration. It has a gutless 140hp.. but it still felt pretty well attached to its wheels.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Had one come in for a PDI the other day. Took it on a quick spin.

Poster Removed vid.

This was on sport sharp. Watching the vid seems the car can actually accelerate pretty quickly. I can assure you though it didn't feel like it was moving. The car was pretty smooth. Also you have to remember the new wrx will get this engine even if it is 250 hp just like this remember the impreza is 2911 lbs and the xt is 3600 or so. Just looking at what they did with the xt it just seems they are concerned with making a better all around nicer product and gas mileage. I would prepare for the same with the wrx. I'd look for nothing more then what the wrx puts out now and Subaru will pride themselves that they did it with a more efficient 2.0L instead of a gas guzzling 2.5l.
    Last edited by mycologist; 03-14-2013 at 07:10 PM. Reason: No name calling

I Support ClubWRX

ANYWHOoooo.... back on topic:

The 2014 Forester configurator is up! Subaru Forester | The New 2014 Forester Compact SUV

I made this 2.0XT:

I really like that blue pearl color, and there are a lot of nifty features available for the Forester now like auto-dimming side mirrors, automatic cruise control, and a power liftgate.

HIDs, the EyeSight camera system, and keyless entry/start come as $2400 package. I'm not a huge fan of keyless start, and I don't need the literal nannycam EyeSight system, so I'd keep that $2400, thanks. I do like the sport grill, and I'd probably get the trailer hitch, although with a paltry 1500lb towing capacity, even on the XT, I wouldn't be hauling much more than a dirtbike...

Here's the real question, though: Would you be willing to dump STI money on a Forester, albeit a very tricked out one?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thread cleaned.

2.0RS - take this as a warning that antagonizing and calling a moderator names is not going to end well for you.

As for the video, if it isn't street racing (two cars) or ridiculous speeds & recklessness you can post it at your own risk.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Here's the real question, though: Would you be willing to dump STI money on a Forester, albeit a very tricked out one?
    Yeah that blue is really nice. It would be my color choice for sure. I made one the other day at it was around $29k I think. I went with just the "Premium" to start and didn't add too many features.

To answer your question, no I wouldn't buy one for STI money.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Thread cleaned.

2.0RS - take this as a warning that antagonizing and calling a moderator names is not going to end well for you.

As for the video, if it isn't street racing (two cars) or ridiculous speeds & recklessness you can post it at your own risk.
    I mean the vid is from 20mph to 80mph and it's on the gauges. I wouldn't really call that reckless or rediculous speeds but apparently others do. Unfortunatley one person ruins it for everyone else. I'm an enthusiest just as much as anyone else here so I figured since I had the opportunity to take a quick vid I would so I can get people exited about a revamped car with a new engine. I apologize if it got out of hand but when someone especially one you call a moderator acts like a child and all but threatens you that he's reporting you to your work and authorities is just a litte rediculous. I understand if the vid broke the rules and gladly would take it down and apologize but I'd expect a little more maturity from the mod staff over a harmless vid.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    I mean the vid is from 20mph to 80mph and it's on the gauges. I wouldn't really call that reckless or rediculous speeds but apparently others do. Unfortunatley one person ruins it for everyone else. I'm an enthusiest just as much as anyone else here so I figured since I had the opportunity to take a quick vid I would so I can get people exited about a revamped car with a new engine. I apologize if it got out of hand but when someone especially one you call a moderator acts like a child and all but threatens you that he's reporting you to your work and authorities is just a litte rediculous. I understand if the vid broke the rules and gladly would take it down and apologize but I'd expect a little more maturity from the mod staff over a harmless vid.
    The rule was never even brought up until after you deleted the video on your own. You invented the whole thing about it being reported - no one on staff here does that over this type of thing (or anything I ever recall). That is ridiculous and I have reviewed it carefully - he was actually looking out for you. I have clarified the rule regarding first hand videos - if it isn't jail time level go ahead and post it.

I'm sure you'll have a reply to this - take it to PM. Any more in this thread gets an infraction. Period.
    Last edited by mycologist; 03-15-2013 at 06:26 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    So, um, how 'bout that new Forester? Pretty nice, eh?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    The '06 in the driveway I'm fixing for a colleague has a nice leather interior. I wonder if it would fit in a bugeye....

What brings that around is the comment on weight - I thought they were basically just a stretched up Impreza. It is disappointing to hear how heavy the new ones are.

So what is the difference between this and an Outback? I really like ours and prefer the wagon style/functionality over the hybrid/SUV thing. I haven't looked into the new ones, but it seems like an h6 Outback could possibly have equal or better performance.

I heard that if you upgrade the tires...the BRZ will still spank it on a track.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I really like that blue pearl color, and there are a lot of nifty features available for the Forester now like auto-dimming side mirrors, automatic cruise control, and a power liftgate.

HIDs, the EyeSight camera system, and keyless entry/start come as $2400 package. I'm not a huge fan of keyless start, and I don't need the literal nannycam EyeSight system, so I'd keep that $2400, thanks. I do like the sport grill, and I'd probably get the trailer hitch, although with a paltry 1500lb towing capacity, even on the XT, I wouldn't be hauling much more than a dirtbike...

Yea, I don't know if I'd be willing to pay that much plus taxes it comes out closer to $40k. Our Forester Touring came with HIDs & came out to about $8k-$9k less. They also upped the delivery charge by $100. Our sport grill came out to less than half that. The auto dimming mirror was also cheaper. Seems like they have increased the price.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    The '06 in the driveway I'm fixing for a colleague has a nice leather interior. I wonder if it would fit in a bugeye....

What brings that around is the comment on weight - I thought they were basically just a stretched up Impreza. It is disappointing to hear how heavy the new ones are.

So what is the difference between this and an Outback? I really like ours and prefer the wagon style/functionality over the hybrid/SUV thing. I haven't looked into the new ones, but it seems like an h6 Outback could possibly have equal or better performance.
    Again, this is the trend. In 2004, the FXT weighed a mere 3150 lbs, then to 3250 lbs in 2005, then to 3350 lbs in 2006.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Again, this is the trend. In 2004, the FXT weighed a mere 3150 lbs, then to 3250 lbs in 2005, then to 3350 lbs in 2006.
    Its called aging & getting fatter. Happens to everyone.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Thanks - I didn't know the timeline at all. That sucks.

I looked and the H6 Outback costs similar, weighs similar, and holds a similar amount with a 3-5 mpg hit

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I heard that if you upgrade the tires...the BRZ will still spank it on a track.
    Liar!!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast