Almost 2013 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Almost 2013 WRX within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Subcan Paint looked great..let me guess-orange peel?..i have orange peel on an acura '99 from new with ...

Quote Originally Posted by Subcan View Post
    Paint looked great..let me guess-orange peel?..i have orange peel on an acura '99 from new with no problems...i so don't
    want to take another look at the lexus is250,interior is so soft and nice..prefer the looks of the WRX,also love the idea that it's only "standard"transmission and automatic drivers need not apply..
    2013 Black WRX, came with orange peel and swirls. My guess is the orange peel was a factory installed option and the swirls were from the guy they pay $8 an hour to prep cars at the dealership.

Overall the paint is junk, but for the price (in the US at least) you just can't beat a WRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Almost 2013 WRX

I would not pay for a WRX in CA or EU. The OP has a point. Only in the US is the price approachable. It's still expensive in the US but elsewhere the faults are too many to forgive.

I'd buy a lower model Impreza if fuel was cheap and I drove in snow.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you love the car, but don't like the plastic interior, let JPM Coachworks fix the interior for you.

/thread :P
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    That's very pretty and I like the piping too, but it's not included in the purchase price in CA, leaving the OP's comment still standing. The WRX costs too much for what's being asked there. It's marginal in the US but on the "go" side of the line in my view. Not elsewhere.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Seriously comparing a Lexus interior to a Subaru??? Did I miss something here?

Be glad you're not looking at a 2005 STI.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    or a 2002 WRX.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Hell even the 2002 WRXs have less rattles and more sound deadening materials than an STI.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Re: Almost 2013 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Hell even the 2002 WRXs have less rattles and more sound deadening materials than an STI.
    You sure about that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX

Almost 2013 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    I can only speak to one side of that, having never spent any real time in an '05 STI. My WRX is pretty bare bones in the interior; gear noise galore, rattles and clunks abound, road noise, engine noise, and cheap materials. It looks "okay", because I've been fairly gentle to it.

The rail buggy wins the "lack of sound deadening materials" contest, though.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

^ duh... But it doesn't rattle, does it?
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    If it did, you wouldn't be able to hear it for the engine. (sorry for the shameful hijack)

Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 02-20-2013 at 10:22 AM.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Subcan View Post
    ...the outside body is comparable to 100K plus cars there...
    Say what?! We are talking Subaru paint right?
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

I have to agree with the OP for a bit; about paying for a car that costs easily over $25k, you at least expect some decent interior finish, but when buying a WRX, you already know it's not an luxury car. When I sat inside one, I already knew it wasn't supposed to luxurious and I don't try to imagine that it is. So I don't know why you're complaining about some little details about the interior plastic being crappy. If you don't like the interior as much, get a different car. If the interior was the main factor for me, I wouldn't even consider looking at the WRX. I probably would of gone for a Lexus or a M-Benz.
    2003 Infiniti FX35 Sport Package - Metallic Copper

I Support ClubWRX
    The average price of a new car/truck is now >$30K. The "it's over $25K so it should have a luxurious interior!" argument seems odd in light of that.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast