AMG enters the hot hatch market with the most powerful production four-cylinder - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on AMG enters the hot hatch market with the most powerful production four-cylinder within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by PalisadesWBL I am definitely selling my WRX to get this so I'll be able to park in ...

Quote Originally Posted by PalisadesWBL View Post
    I am definitely selling my WRX to get this so I'll be able to park in handicap spots, never use a blinker and drive 5MPH under the speed limit in the left lane on the highway. Plus my neighbors will know I'm a douche by just looking in my driveway.
    ^

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    No manual, no interest.
    +1 Hate flappy paddle automatics, no matter how fast they can change gears!

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    No manual, no interest.

+1

And Mercedes recent reliability...no interest.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX

AMG enters the hot hatch market with the most powerful production four-cylinder

I looked at an A and a B class Merc and saw no point. Given reliability status, I'd pass on this.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG gets 355bhp - Telegraph

The Telegraph say it will most likely cost atleast 32K. That is around $60k USD, but car usually cost less in the US. So, at least 45-50k USD? Another reason I can see it being more than 50k is because the c63amg is 57k.
    '11 WRX DGM

I Support ClubWRX
    Are Merc A imported into the US now?
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not exactly sure but I thought all Mercs save for the M class, GL class & R class(discontinued in the US) were imported.

Edit: The Cclass will be built in the US from 2014. http://www.mbusi.com/
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 02-13-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    I've only seen one A in car-crazy SoCal.

I Support ClubWRX
    car looks nice but as stated probably will be too expensive and i require a manual in my vehicles
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Are Merc A imported into the US now?
    No, but the new CLA will be. It will be Mercedes' first fwd car for US consumption, and it will probably get a similar AMG variant as well.
    '11 WRX DGM

Not a big fan of Mercedes, but love the car.

Looks like although the engine will be coming to the US, this particular model won't. America still likes big cars, so when they put this engine in something bigger, it'll be priced way out of STi competition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12