New Corvette Stingray Unveiled - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Corvette Stingray Unveiled within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Honestly, it's a little busy, but I don't hate it, based on pics. If it has a well-sorted chassis, a ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Honestly, it's a little busy, but I don't hate it, based on pics. If it has a well-sorted chassis, a true manual, good steering feel, decent quality interior, and a fun engine, I could overlook the rectangular lights, etc.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Cool

I'm more excited about what appears to be a vastly improved interior over previous models. I'd argue a $50k car should feel like such when you're inside (with exceptions granted to the Lotus Exige).

Interiors I really like:
    *Porsche = Tidy, well-polished, and comfortable. The information you need is right at your fingertips, and things you don't need are skipped.

*Honda = Practical and functional, lots of storage space. Material quality can be a bit lacking, but they make up for that with thoughtful touches like oversized handles and knobs in the Ridgeline, which can be easily grasped with heavy gloves on. Every modern Honda I've driven has a pleasant and perfectly adequate factory sound system (decent factory subwoofers, etc).

Interiors I don't like:
    *Toyota Prius = lots of storage nooks and crannies, but none are particularly useful. Dash display located in the center console means you have to turn you head to look at any gauges. Cluttered controls cluster with overlaid "3D effect" menus. There are literally LCDs layered on top of each other, and it's cluttered and annoying.

*2008+ base model WRX = Relatively unbolstered seats for a car with sporting pretentions. Center console feels below-market grade. Crappy stock stereo compared to other offerings in this class.

I'm the type of person that can forgive many other faults in a car if it has a well-designed interior. I guess that sentiment comes in part from the in-depth studies I did on driver ergonomics in school.
    Last edited by Rambo; 01-17-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the car works better in the subtler colors.

--Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Well hell...the interior is actually gorgeous. And near 30mpgs? Interesting...still don't like the rear though.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I am not a fan. But I'm not really a fan of any of the new vettes. Just my .02.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, here's the truth. I love the way Vette's look on paper..they've kept the weight down, true manual, good chassis, etc...but I've never driven a contemporary Vette. (C5 or C6) So who knows...I might hate the thing after some time behind the wheel.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    And on a track it shows just how good the Vette is as a car. However, for any practical purpose, it's useless. It's also ugly.

I Support ClubWRX
    Even earlier ones?
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nope, I like those. I mentioned in my first post that I'm not a fan of the newer body styles.

I Support ClubWRX
    Dude, that body style is plenty new. It's only slightly older than I am.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Dude, that body style is plenty new. It's only slightly older than I am.
    Don't be laughing. The '53 'Vette and I share the same age.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

7spd manual, 30 MPG, sounds pretty wild

I can't really say anything negative, except for the questionable rear end.

Even if I had the money however, I'd still rather have a current generation Nissan GTR.
    2009 Satin Pearl WRX Sedan - Sold
    1995 Black SC300 - DD
    1991 Black Supra - Swap in Progress
    1990 Silver Supra - 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by smorris View Post
    Don't be laughing. The '53 'Vette and I share the same age.
    LOLz, sorry Steve! This year is the big 60, eh? Congrats! You're still an inspiration to me, under 60 and retired, and all. Do you maintain a part time job, volunteer, etc? From what I know of you, I'd think you'd be happy if you're kept busy!

Quote Originally Posted by SupraMedical68 View Post
    Even if I had the money however, I'd still rather have a current generation Nissan GTR.
    -1. If offered both cars on a silver platter (or even a current model Vette), I'd take the Vette, every time. True manual, lighter, less computers between me and the road. I'm sure the GTR is awesome...just a personal preference.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Going to the auto show tomorrow. (I actually went during the press event too) It's likely that there will be a huge crowd around the car, as it's the best reveal this year. I'll try to get some interior pics, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. (please excuse the crappy cellphone pics)

It's a lot prettier in person; it really doesn't photograph well:

2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    LOLz, sorry Steve! This year is the big 60, eh? Congrats! You're still an inspiration to me, under 60 and retired, and all. Do you maintain a part time job, volunteer, etc? From what I know of you, I'd think you'd be happy if you're kept busy!
    Are you nuts!? Bad enough that I occasionally dream I'm still working. Or more aptly, a nightmare. I was a volunteer naturalist for our local metro parks for about ten years several years back, and I've thought about doing that again. Too busy in the 2-1/2 years since retiring, though! Expanding the gardens and more landscaping, redid two bedrooms with new flooring, and a third to go. Pans to redo the kitchen, which is still the original '70s decor, I'm finally rebuilding the MGA engine in a buddy's garage over the winter (actually rebuilding an 1800cc MGB engine to put in place of the 1500cc MGA one) and more. Plus I've just started the fun job of teaching my youngest daughter to drive in her Smart car. This'll be fun during winter!

Work? Hell no! Busy? You betcha!

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.