Subaru XV Crosstrek... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Subaru XV Crosstrek... within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Yikes. What's the deal with Subaru dealer folks and knowledge about their product, these days? Seems ...

Re: Subaru XV Crosstrek...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Yikes. What's the deal with Subaru dealer folks and knowledge about their product, these days? Seems like they'd give them a one-day course somewhere about platforms/engines etc. Not that much to know.
    Almost all dealers of all brands suck on this regard. Some rare exceptions to be sure, but I find it completely unacceptable when a dealer doesn't know all the specs and option combos. Their complete job description consists of memorizing 2 pages each from all of 5 or 6 vehicles. Ridiculous....

Sent from my HTC Amaze using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Although I agree that lack of product knowledge by new car dealers is unacceptable, our complete job description is a lot more than memorizing 2 pages on each vehicle. Trust me it is not as easy as it looks to be a successful salesman. You could know just about everything about every car here and potentially still be a terrible salesman if you don't have a lot of social skills, integrity, work ethic, and thick skin.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikr View Post
    Almost all dealers of all brands suck on this regard. Some rare exceptions to be sure, but I find it completely unacceptable when a dealer doesn't know all the specs and option combos. Their complete job description consists of memorizing 2 pages each from all of 5 or 6 vehicles. Ridiculous....

-Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    You could know just about everything about every car here and potentially still be a terrible salesman if you don't have a lot of social skills, integrity, work ethic, and thick skin.
    "Social skills, integrity" includes "knowing when to stop saying stuff that you're not sure about", right?

I've worked on the sales side of the fence, briefly. It requires a unique combination of learning ability, flexibility and forebearance.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Re: Subaru XV Crosstrek...

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    You could know just about everything about every car here and potentially still be a terrible salesman if you don't have a lot of social skills, integrity, work ethic, and thick skin.
    I agree 100%, but a good salesperson is born with the fundamental skills you mentioned; something I have witnessed all too many times in my professional career. Some can be taught for sure, but not everyone can sell; of this I am sure.

That said, I would rather deal with a salesperson with ****ty social skills, but who can at least answer a question about their product intelligently than a slickster who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikr View Post
    That said, I would rather deal with a salesperson with ****ty social skills, but who can at least answer a question about their product intelligently than a slickster who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
    If what I'm buying has a technical aspect, such as a car or a device, then I would certainly agree. I've told this story a number of times...when I first looked at the WRX in 2002, the salesguy thought that the shiny finned thing on top of the engine was another radiator. I politely found someone else that could talk to me about turbocharged engines. Any tech answer coming from the first guy was now a big question mark for me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.