Factory Five 818 (WRX-based, mid-engined kit car) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Factory Five 818 (WRX-based, mid-engined kit car) within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Heh, my bugeye actually just did meet an untimely death, but there's no way I could undertake a project like ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Heh, my bugeye actually just did meet an untimely death, but there's no way I could undertake a project like this right now. Maybe someday...
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Just use the title from the donor WRX. The only hiccup in that in Cali is finding someone to smog it, but there are ways.

In Cali they have a "kit car" title but they only hand out ~250 a year so you have to be on your game. You also need to smog them I believe to the year of the motor.

One of my best friends business partners has one. He bought it used for $20,000. It needed a little interior sorting, (couple wiring issues, finishing touches) but the paint was done, and it runs good. I rode in it, damn those things are small, you'd better be comfortable with your passenger. His had a vw motor out of a van. He registered it here in Cali as a "kit car".

There was a guy at the shop I go to get my car fixed at had used that body. He put an STI engine in it actually. Albeit, maybe not the greatest design, but man it was beautiful. I'll try to upload some pictures of it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.