Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo Concept

This is a discussion on Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo Concept within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dat ass: The Porsche Panamera is considered by many to be the most impressive luxury sedan for sale, but there ...

I Support ClubWRX

Dat ass:

The Porsche Panamera is considered by many to be the most impressive luxury sedan for sale, but there was always something about it we felt was missing. Sure, it had a hatch, but wouldn't it look better as a wagon?

Now we've got the Panamera wagon we've always wanted in the form of the Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo Concept, which just leaked ahead of its Paris Motor Show debut tomorrow. It's also a hybrid, but we won't let that spoil our good time.
    The first photos come courtesy of Autoblog.nl, who have gotten it from... who knows where. Porsche doesn't like leaks, and someone just let this splendid wagon out of the bag early.
    Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo Concept: Yes, It's A Porsche Wagon

Say what you will about the standard Panamera's looks, this wagon concept version looks brilliant. Very Audi RS6 Avant-esque.

Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd sex it.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

take all my money gimme it

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    I'd sex it.
    +1

I'm not a big fan of the Panamera to begin with...but this, screams orgasm.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    The vents on the wings that Bangle the front doors are incorrect.

The headlamps are also incorrect.

Anything and everything about the car that resembles a 928, including the tail and rear lamps, is correct.

They have to fix a few things but they're not doing all that poorly. It has potential.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    If someone offered it, I'd certainly take it.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    More information: This Is How The Techno-Fabulous 67 MPG Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo Plug-In Hybrid Works

Taking a cue from the uber-sexy Porsche 918 Spyder, the Panamera Sport Turismo is a plug-in hybrid, much like the Chevy Volt or the Toyota Prius Plug-In. But, being Porsches, they're far from boring. Or cheap.

Porsche is now giving their plug-in hybrids the designation "e-hybrid." The intention is for the Panamera Sport Turismo to achieve 30 km, which is about 18 miles, on electric power alone. It should also be able to reach 130 km/h, or about 80 MPH, on electric power alone.

The Sport Turismo Concept is a parallel hybrid, which means that the wheels can be driven by the electric motors, the gas engine, or both at the same time. When working together, the car produces 416 horsepower, enough to make it accelerate to 60 in under six seconds.

It always defaults to electric mode, which Porsche calls e-power. That's how they get such great efficiency, with a claimed 67 MPG on the European Cycle. When needed, the engine will drive the wheels or charge the battery... or both.
    Porsche also has a quick charger, which apparently can charge the battery in 2.5 hours, depending on the infrastructure.

The VW Group believes that plug-in hybrids are the future of cars, and especially those from Porsche. There will be the 918 Spyder hybrid, but he also said there will be plug-in versions of the Panamera and the Cayenne on the way as well.
    I love the idea of plug-in hybrids. I like the idea of essentially driving an electric car on my short work commute during the week (then recharging it overnight), then bring a combined 416 hp to bear on a weekend trip, fuel mileage be damned.
    Last edited by Rambo; 09-28-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX

It does offer choices.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX

You can all has it. No interest from me.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

That is better looking than the current model