Fresh-faced 2014 Subaru Forester revealed in JDM brochure scans - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Fresh-faced 2014 Subaru Forester revealed in JDM brochure scans within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by djk5077 Well, this confirms the disappointment. 2014 Subaru Forester priced from ,995* I must say, I'm not ...

Quote Originally Posted by djk5077 View Post
    Well, this confirms the disappointment. 2014 Subaru Forester priced from $21,995*

I must say, I'm not a fan of the general trend of the higher trims/larger engines/etc... not being offered with a manual transmission.
    See, this pisses me off....I would really have considered picking the XT up, but I just can't deal with a CVT. Why make a performance based model, and only make it have a friggen CVT?

The more powerful Forester 2.0XT will only be offered in Premium and Touring trims, starting at $27,995 (not including destination). These models are powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline four, sending 250 hp and 258 lb-ft to all four wheels. Fuel economy doesn't suffer terribly with this more powerful engine, as only the CVT is offered. Subaru quotes figures of 23/28 mpg here.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    See, this pisses me off....I would really have considered picking the XT up, but I just can't deal with a CVT. Why make a performance based model, and only make it have a friggen CVT?
    I'm going to guess that this is only the case in the states, in order to meet federal regs regarding fuel efficiency across the lineup for manufacturers. Totally a guess though.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    2014 Subaru Forester XT First Drive

The XT also offers stiffer spring rates, revised dampers and larger brakes than its naturally aspirated counterparts, but one of the most significant changes is the addition of Subaru's SI-Drive system. First shown on the 2007 Legacy GT spec.B, the tech allows the driver to select between Intelligent, Sport and Sport Sharp modes to alter throttle mapping and transmission parameters. We found Intelligent mode to be a bit muddy, preferring instead to leave the XT in Sport mode. Doing so allows the driver to click through six simulated gears in the transmission via wheel-mounted paddle shifters, while Sport Sharp offers up eight simulated gears.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 01-25-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX

Fresh-faced 2014 Subaru Forester revealed in JDM brochure scans

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Pretty good review Id say. I found it interesting that Subaru is still being so insistent that this engine won't fit in the BRZ. Also, they say the new engine no longer needs premium.

I do agree that there should have at least been an option for the 6-speed in the XT. I think most people would have gotten the CVT anyway.

I'm still interested and hopefully will be able to test drive one when they get to the dealers.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Very interesting review. I'll probably take this for a test drive when I'm shopping for the STI. Who knows, maybe my wife will want one.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I had a 2013 foz loaner last month, I liked how it drove even with the entry weaksauce engine and terrible old 4 speed auto. I also at one point had an impreza with the cvt and honestly, I didn't find it to be that bad comparatively. The tiptronic or whatever they call it actually did a decent job, better than others I've driven that were attached to conventional automatics.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

$27,995 for the XT
    $100 for a Sawzall.
    How much are OEM hood scoops?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234