Fresh-faced 2014 Subaru Forester revealed in JDM brochure scans - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fresh-faced 2014 Subaru Forester revealed in JDM brochure scans within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX I drove an '04 FXT. I'll admit that the umph was nice for getting 4 of ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I drove an '04 FXT. I'll admit that the umph was nice for getting 4 of us with backpacks around the mountains, but for whatever reason, an "enthusiast SUV" isn't the right formula for me. I would, however, pay some money to have my 1987 ToughSOB27mpgAwesomeclearance 4Runner back.

But then, you all know that I'm a weirdo. Obviously lots of people like the FXT.
    I think the JDM FXT STI would be a match made in heaven for me, were it offered stateside. I'd love to have the STI drivetrain with the utility and practicality of the Forester platform, ugly as it may be. It would be great to have a sturdy, sporty vehicle with a 3500 lb towing capacity, a six-speed (although I'd also accept a DCT), AWD, and at least WRX levels of handling. I'm not expecting to rock crawl with it, but it would be great to have a fast and nimble car for my rural highway commute, then tow a boat on the weekends.

I know a WRX is TECHNICALLY rated for a 2000 lb towing load, but a trailer hitch is going on my car over my dead, stiff body...
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I think the JDM FXT STI would be a match made in heaven for me, were it offered stateside.
    Yeah, this is the point where I always part ways with the majority on this forum. For the money that Subaru would charge for a USDM FXT STI, I would so not buy a USDM FXT STI.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    For the money that Subaru would charge for a USDM FXT STI, I would so not buy a USDM FXT STI.
    You're prolly right, but I've seen them in person in Japan. It was quite lustworthy compared to the vast masses of kei cars...
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry to see the unique styling cues thrown out the window of this vehicle. At this point it looks like a cross between 1)an average crossover (insert brand name hear) and 2) the now-defunct chevy venture mini-van.

Bummer
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

I think it looks like a Toyota Highlander more than the Rav4, at least proportionatly anyway.

I have also driven a new legacy, outback, and forrester with the CVT. I hated all of them (hated the Forrester the least). I also felt that it couldnt decide what gear it wanted to be in when you stepped on the gas, not even mashing the pedal. I always switched over to the manu-matic and drove that way until I got my car back.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    2014 Subaru Forester revealed ahead of LA debut

Styling is confirmed, but here's some interesting news: The Forester xT (with the turbo) loses the hood scoop (FMIC or water-cooled?), and a six-speed will be offered. I wonder if these items will carry over to the WRX? Just have to wait and see.

Here's what the new xT looks like. It has a slightly more agressive fascia than the standard model:
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Styling is confirmed, but here's some interesting news: The Forester xT (with the turbo) loses the hood scoop (FMIC or water-cooled?).
    This is a pic of the hood open. The TMIC is still there . The only conclusion I can come to is that instead of a hood scoop, we now have a grille scoop with the air entering though the front grille sort of how the OEM air intake is designed.

For example ,this is what the XV Diesel(which we don't get because we are stupid apparently) underhood looks like.

In conclusion,this could be what we get with the 2014. Yes folks,no more hood scoop maybe?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Huh. I wonder what prompted that move, as that ductwork would add a lot of airflow restriction compared to a hole in the hood. Also, that IC looks tiny, unless it has a really thick core. Maybe this new engine has lower boost?

If this feature is carried over to the WRX, I predict the aftermarket will have a field day with scooped hoods...

Also, I'm drooling over that diesel. No diesel love in the US, unfortunately.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    The IC on the 2014 XT looks to be the same as the one on my 2012 XT. Its just the plastic alternator cover around it makes it look smaller.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    Here's a ton of photos direct from Subaru of the 2014 Forester:
    Subaru USA News

The fact that the XT only comes with a CVT is a dealbreaker for me..

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Cartman View Post
    The fact that the XT only comes with a CVT is a dealbreaker for me..
    Performance would probably be awesome always being in the powerband and never loose spool. But alas, I still died a little.

I have driven almost every new subaru model over the past couple years, as loners from the dealership. I HATE the CVTs. they always felt like they couldnt decide which gear to choose. Although i hated driving the forester the least
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    I HATE the CVTs. they always felt like they couldnt decide which gear to choose.
    Which is ironic since CVTs don't have any gears...

But seriously, I know what you mean. My wife's car has a CVT with paddle shifters, and it feels pretty lifeless when left to its own devices. Tap the paddle shifters though, and it snaps to pre-set ratios remarkably quickly. It's great for passing: just click down two "gears", and the drivetrain comes alive. It's not a combo I'd want in my car, but it's honestly not bad for a hybrid.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Fresh-faced 2014 Subaru Forester revealed in JDM brochure scans

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    I have driven almost every new subaru model over the past couple years, as loners from the dealership.
    They do get lonely sitting in the dealer parking lot all by themselves
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast