2014 Subaru testing - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 71 of 71

This is a discussion on 2014 Subaru testing within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, not to dog on Subaru but they kinda need outside help with their designs... Still the reseblence is spot ...

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tulsa oklahoma
    Posts
    17
    Well, not to dog on Subaru but they kinda need outside help with their designs...
    Still the reseblence is spot on to the camo mule.
    Maybe Subaru bought the design???
    the head lights are similar to their newer non wrx vehicle designs.
    This may be an older design, but What do you think of the nearly identical shape?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,944
    I Support ClubWRX

    2014 Subaru testing

    It was a design student's design, if memory serves. It gets tossed out about once a year on forums.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 10-19-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  4. #63
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpants View Post
    Well, not to dog on Subaru but they kinda need outside help with their designs...
    Still the reseblence is spot on to the camo mule.
    Maybe Subaru bought the design???
    the head lights are similar to their newer non wrx vehicle designs.
    This may be an older design, but What do you think of the nearly identical shape?
    And the camo mule is old too. See the link in my post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Looks like the same mule that has been around for a long time. People used to think that was what the BRZ was going to be back in 2010.

    Spy Shots: Subaru testing its version of FT-86 "Toyobaru" coupe in the Death Valley heat
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  5. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tulsa oklahoma
    Posts
    17
    Wishful thinking that this was the new Rex and has been in the works and on the road since 2010.
    Guess we will know more next year.

  6. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    161
    we shall see

  7. #66
    Registered User EndlessSea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    423
    i believe this is related to this thread. correct me if im wrong and ill move it. but ive seen some fb20 or fa20 turbo pictures.(not sure which one) i believe its from the new forester

    basically my question is, the pictures show the turbo as a low mount, possibly mounted on an integrated manifold setup. under the engine essentially directly below the oil pan. is this the direction the new wrx/sti is possibly going to go?

    im asking because im considering a new sti, but with the redesign literally right around the corner i wouldnt mind waiting if its a superior car, with more power and better mileage. but the low mount turbo idea has my concerned. is there any info out there yet as to if this is a similar setup that the wrx have? if it is i may just jump on a '13 sti since i know there mod friendly and all the bugs are worked out of that platform for the most part. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Subaru-FA20-turbocharged-2_0-liter-boxer-four-feat.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	109926

  8. #67
    \_(ツ)_/ Rambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denial
    Posts
    4,893
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    i believe this is related to this thread. correct me if im wrong and ill move it. but ive seen some fb20 or fa20 turbo pictures.(not sure which one) i believe its from the new forester

    basically my question is, the pictures show the turbo as a low mount, possibly mounted on an integrated manifold setup. under the engine essentially directly below the oil pan. is this the direction the new wrx/sti is possibly going to go?

    im asking because im considering a new sti, but with the redesign literally right around the corner i wouldnt mind waiting if its a superior car, with more power and better mileage. but the low mount turbo idea has my concerned. is there any info out there yet as to if this is a similar setup that the wrx have? if it is i may just jump on a '13 sti since i know there mod friendly and all the bugs are worked out of that platform for the most part.
    Slow down there pard'ner. Subaru will release the new car when they're ready. Don't get worked up about "artist renderings" and rumors regarding a car that doesn't exist yet. If you need a car now, buy one. If you feel like waiting, then do it, but don't let a non-existant car's non-existant specifications keep you up at night!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

    He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

  9. #68
    Registered User EndlessSea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Slow down there pard'ner. Subaru will release the new car when they're ready. Don't get worked up about "artist renderings" and rumors regarding a car that doesn't exist yet. If you need a car now, buy one. If you feel like waiting, then do it, but don't let a non-existant car's non-existant specifications keep you up at night!
    touche sir....although i dont feel like i got "worked up" about anything. im simply a guy who wanted some information, if it was available, which according to you it is not. the engine is not some "artist rendering". in fact subaru has engines ranging from 1.6l on up using the low mount turbo design in that picture, real world engines not just made up internet hype. if you read my post i did ASK if there was any solid info on the next gen engine yet.

    i like the current sti.
    its not like i NEED a car now, i would like one though, but i dont want buy a '13 sti and end up like that guy that bought a 2010 mustang gt.(if your not up on your fords. the year after they changed to the new/current body and the year before they dropped in the 412hp 5.0, basically anyone who bought a '10 gt paid the same price for 300hp that they could have for 412.)

    all i was asking is if anyone thinks/knows if subaru keeps the architecture the same throughout there models. i.e. if the forester went low mount. will that trickle to other models like the wrx.
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 11-28-2012 at 02:34 PM.

  10. #69
    \_(ツ)_/ Rambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denial
    Posts
    4,893
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    touche sir....touche, although this is the forester turbo engine, not some artist rendering. if you read my post i did ASK if there was any solid info on the next gen engine yet.

    i like the current sti.
    its not like i NEED a car now, i would like one though, but i dont want buy a '13 sti and end up like that guy that bought a 2010 mustang gt.(if your not up on your fords. the year after they changed to the new/current the body and the year before they dropped in the 412hp 5.0, basically anyone who bought a '10 gt paid the same price for 300hp that they could have for 412.)
    all i was asking is if anyone thinks/knows if subaru keeps the architecture the same throughout there models. i.e. if the forester went low mount. will that trickle to other models like the wrx.
    Again, we don't know. Subaru is notoriously secretive about their products until release, and they don't have leaks. My point in the last post was that nobody here or anywhere else will be able to tell you what sort of engine the future WRX will have (other than a boxer, which is a safe bet). That information rests in the hands of Subaru's engineers in Japan, and they aren't telling until the car is released. If you're worried about the new car being way better than the 2013, then I advise you to wait and see what happens.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

    He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

  11. #70
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Again, we don't know. Subaru is notoriously secretive about their products until release, and they don't have leaks. My point in the last post was that nobody here or anywhere else will be able to tell you what sort of engine the future WRX will have (other than a boxer, which is a safe bet). That information rests in the hands of Subaru's engineers in Japan, and they aren't telling until the car is released. If you're worried about the new car being way better than the 2013, then I advise you to wait and see what happens.
    +1 You'll still be able to find a previous gen sti for sale if you don't like the redesign, as long as you don't mind buying used.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  12. #71
    Registered User EndlessSea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    423
    any comment on this. dunno if its been covered yet but seems interesting that the next wrx model might not be a '14 but a '15 model year

    Subaru 2014 WRX - Next WRX two years off | GoAuto

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •