Possibly talking about the 2013 WRX/STI?

This is a discussion on Possibly talking about the 2013 WRX/STI? within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys just found this article on twitter. It says it was published 6/24. Not sure how legit the info ...

Possibly talking about the 2013 WRX/STI?

Hey guys just found this article on twitter. It says it was published 6/24. Not sure how legit the info is but i figured id pass it along. I didnt find mentioned anywhere in the article that they are talking about 2013's though... http://m.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/new...ectid=10814772

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

idk. those numbers sound pretty high... 45,990 nzd is 36,260 usd

Yikes. That is pretty high...

2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul

Yeah, that sounds believable. My sister's living in Australia, and if the cost of living is at all similar in NZ, then this price doesn't sound high to me. Everything is more expensive over there compared to here... but then so are the wages.

If you look on Subaru's UK website, they have a Cosworth edition STi putting out 395bhp @ 50k/$78k. So this special edition in NZ sounds plausible.

There are only 7 of these special models. Price is jacked up because of that.

Boo.. So these arent 2013's?

2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul

I'd say not. There are rumors that the new model will have the 2.0 liter engine instead of the 2.5. But, at the very least, the new model Impreza is already out and the WRX/STi should be based on that. This "Limited Edition" looks identical to the current WRX.... with a few STi parts thrown in.

I'd say this is just a last minute push for sales before the new model arrives. You know, maximize the profit from the investment in the current technology and tooling on the production line before scrapping it. Manufacturers do it all the time. Probably just a NZ only special, IMO.

read the stuff it is not clear to me can i have more stuff..........

when they stopped building the STi's they had enough parts left over o built up 7 WRX's thats about it.