Oh god no
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Oh god no within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Next-Gen Subaru WRX Prototype Revealed - Last Year - Motor Trend Hideous. Looks likes a Dodge Magnum....

Oh god no

2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It probably won't look anything like that in the end.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Ugly. Does look like an uglier version of the magnum.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The funny thing about concept cars is that they rarely bear any resemblance to the actual production vehicle.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

it looks more like a caliber than a magnum, IMO
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    lol,Motor trend.

They have very good artists.They render drawings that turn out to be waaaaay off.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Id drive it.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    To the OP: you do realize some art student in Motor Trend just made up that drawing of the orange blob, right?

As for the real-life concept car they showed photos of, the wheels will not be that big, the grill will not be that large, the ride will not be that low, etc, etc. in the end, other than the platform change, it won't look too dramatically different than it does now.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Yeah, the concepts look ridiculous purely for the fact that they want to draw attention to it.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    I think it looks completely bad ass. I'd drive it. Yes I know the actual will look little like the concept.
    I do find it a little amusing how invariably as model styling/changes happen the more zealous previous gen owners tend to always hate on the new. History will repeat itself no doubt.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I'd drive it! I would also go as far to say I'd love a dual clutch auto with paddle shifter option simply for the quick shifting that modern day DSG-type shifters provide. *waiting for elitist manual only backlash*

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    I'd drive it! I would also go as far to say I'd love a dual clutch auto with paddle shifter option simply for the quick shifting that modern day DSG-type shifters provide. *waiting for elitist manual only backlash*
    And here it is...manual is the only fun way to go. How often while driving do you need to have "Faster than human ability" shifting? You're not racing every day! Taking away from a full manual takes away from full control and fun of the car! I think it's elitist to want the "quickest shifting possible" or something like that.

But again, it's only my opinion. Not backlashing. If you prefer and like the twin clutch paddle designs, then that's awesome for you. I'll keep my 6 in the console
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    I'm right there with you. Given the choice between the current WRX 5-speed manual and say a 6 or 7 speed DSG, I'd probably go DSG, depending on the price difference. That said, I'm still picking a full manual over the option of a "manu-matic" type automatic gearbox with gear selectors, like what the BRZ offers. If the WRX finally gets a 6-speed manual, my choice would be much fuzzier.

A true DSG would be great though. I could bang through the gears faster than I can shift already when the roads are clear, and my leg wouldn't cramp up in stop and go traffic. I'm a big fan of paddle shifters, but only when they change gears faster than I could myself with a stick.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    And here it is...manual is the only fun way to go. How often while driving do you need to have "Faster than human ability" shifting? You're not racing every day! Taking away from a full manual takes away from full control and fun of the car! I think it's elitist to want the "quickest shifting possible" or something like that.

But again, it's only my opinion. Not backlashing. If you prefer and like the twin clutch paddle designs, then that's awesome for you. I'll keep my 6 in the console
    Well considering I drive the 4EAT...a paddle shift dual-clutch auto would be a HUGE improvement for me. I sit in way too much horrible traffic for a manual...wouldn't be any fun at all. It seems to me it's easier to tune the low-end torque on the auto trans too...which I like. That's the consensus with the local subie people I'm finding.

If you look at the plate in the pics.. it says "advanced tourer concept" ...

doesn't sound the least bit wrx or sti'ish to me. Nor does that "think" look the least bit wrx or sti'ish. At least.. to me it doesn't.

Seeing that recently subaru has decided to part the impreza lines and wrx/sti variations to take different design and marketing paths (effectively turning the STI and WRX into specific models and platforms vs variations/packages on a impreza base) I dont think the new varieties of either will have any similarity to the impreza .. but I doubt they'll look like that abomination.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast