Ford Focus ST... - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ford Focus ST... within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a turbo Honda jet ski the thing runs like a friggin champ. I had 2 supercharged Sea Doo's ...

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I have a turbo Honda jet ski the thing runs like a friggin champ. I had 2 supercharged Sea Doo's previously the engines were junk in comparison.

It was a bit more expensive but well worth it.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I love my Honda mower. Pricy, yes, but I wouldn't settle for anything less. My parents have had their Honda mower for the last 12 years and it runs like the day they bought it. (Regular yearly maintenance to the engine and blade of course).
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    They are high priced, and that's what's kept me from getting one. I have small lawns so a Briggs & Stratton is OK and the Honda is hard to justify psychologically. I'd love to own one though.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I just went in there, and Hector is gonna be running three Honda Civics with Spoon engines.
    And on top of that, he just came into Harry's and he ordered three T66 turbos, with NOS and a MoTeC system exhaust.
    2012 Volkswagen 6spd man. GTI coupe BFI stage2 torque mount , H&R 24mm rear ARB, AFE STAGE 2 intake system, UR DP+ Magnaflow CBE, s3 shifter, neuspeed TOP and throttlebody pipe . UR mid-chassis brace. Unitronic Stage 2 software, Newsouth boostgauge

Quote Originally Posted by jcap287 View Post
    I just went in there, and Hector is gonna be running three Honda Civics with Spoon engines.
    And on top of that, he just came into Harry's and he ordered three T66 turbos, with NOS and a MoTeC system exhaust.
    nice, rep to you sir
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Was your lawn mower overpriced and does it under perform? Because that statement is very contradictory to your other posts in this thread.

I actually got it used for a great deal so no, it was not over priced, but performace wise it is a full second slower cutting the yard than my last mower. I did just buy a new pressure washer and got the honda engine, which cost a $100 more that a similar Briggs and Straton, not for it's performance but it's reliability

I believe Honda does make great small engines, and never questioned their reliablity> A civic SI is the same price new as a new WRX base model. I think most would agree that they fail to yield in performance comparison.

This whole discussion stemmed from me simply saying that I had a bad experiences with my SVT and GTI, and I would not buy another Ford or VW. You would have thought I wasd on VWvortex, or Focus fanatics, and now on what ever Honda forum there is.

An Accord is several thousand more than a similar Camry, but both are great vehicles. I was simply saying that I could not see the value in a honda.

I Support ClubWRX
    I do see your rationale now. In fact I've made similar decisions with small motors etc.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by mostlystock View Post
    I believe Honda does make great small engines, and never questioned their reliablity> A civic SI is the same price new as a new WRX base model. I think most would agree that they fail to yield in performance comparison.
    Depends on your definition of performance

But I understand your stance on not seeing the value in a honda.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Look at the 9 million beat to **** Civics you see on the road daily driven by everyone from a 90 year old great grand ma to Manuel and his grass-cutting crew on up to Billy, the High school Junior. You can beat the **** out of a Honda and they just won't die. You see more older Hondas on the road than any other older make of vehicle. To me...that's about as high on the value chart as I can see.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    You people are making me regret my decision of getting rid of our perfectly running , maintenance free Honda.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlystock View Post
    I actually got it used for a great deal so no, it was not over priced, but performace wise it is a full second slower cutting the yard than my last mower. I did just buy a new pressure washer and got the honda engine, which cost a $100 more that a similar Briggs and Straton, not for it's performance but it's reliability

This whole discussion stemmed from me simply saying that I had a bad experiences with my SVT and GTI, and I would not buy another Ford or VW. You would have thought I wasd on VWvortex, or Focus fanatics, and now on what ever Honda forum there is.

An Accord is several thousand more than a similar Camry, but both are great vehicles. I was simply saying that I could not see the value in a honda.
    So why not buy used and get it for cheaper and have a more reliable car?

I Support ClubWRX
    My parents have a Honda, we have a Honda, and my inlaws all have Acuras. We have a thing for Honda in my family. Dependable cars and light trucks; they just give and give and ask nothing in return. My wife's car has 10k oil change intervals, and basically only needs a shotglass at that. Excellent fit and finish (better than Subaru), although I like Subaru's interior layout and ergonomics better.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    So why not buy used and get it for cheaper and have a more reliable car?
    Again, I never said Hondas were not reliable so this is not a valid point. My original quote was overpriced and underperforming.... (not trying to reopen that bag of worms)

Actually I just did a quick search and see that Toyota actually has the best reliability rating over the last 10 years............

Toyota Motor Corporation and Honda Motor Company have long dominated reliability, Toyota since about 1977 and Honda since about 1980.
    Toyota's 1988 to 1998 Auto Reliability Percentranks (on a scale of 0 to 1.00) were 0.92, 0.91, 0.90, 0.90, 0.90, 0.90, 0.92, 0.92, 0.92, 0.92, and 0.90, and Honda's were 0.91, 0.91, 0.93, 0.96, 0.90, 0.87, 0.86, 0.83, 0.85, 0.89, and 0.91. (See CarsOnInfo.net.)
    Toyota's 2010 10-year-data-history Reliability GPA is 3.49 and Honda's is 3.35, number one and number two of all automobile manufacturers. (See AutoOnInfo.net)
    Also, Toyota holds 18 of the Canadian Automobile Association's Pyramid Awards for "vehicle engineering excellence in terms of actual, long-term, reliable performance," and Honda holds another 3. Nissan holds 3 and Ford 1. (See AutoOnInfo.net.) However, reliability is only one factor in durability.

The general public seems to believe that Toyota and Honda produce the most reliable cars. Because of this, they maintain their value very well. In actuality, Toyota, Honda, Subaru, and Hyundai (newer models) are all very reliable. As long as you maintain these cars, they should easily hit 150,000 miles without the need for any major repairs.

Read more: Which car will last the longest and causes the least hassle

So you can get better reliability and a better price. Best of both.

I care about reliability but also performance, hence why I traded in my 2009 Camry on my Subaru. I also read somewhere 95% of all subarus sold in the last 10 yrs are still on the road, so we are in good hands.

<-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Lytlec you just made my day. lmao.
    There is a civic driving around my town that has a sti spoiler on it. Funny S***!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.