Ford Focus ST... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ford Focus ST... within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by WRXN SHOP Sounds to me like some of you should unsuscribe and get on the Focus Forum. ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXN SHOP View Post
    Sounds to me like some of you should unsuscribe and get on the Focus Forum. I will take my WRX over an ST any day of the week. They say the greatest form of flattery is to copy. I am new to the WRX family but it appears to me that Subaru set the bar for which others are reaching.
    Great post! Informative AND direct!

Subaru "setting the bar" that's a stitch.

yep still laughing

2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Welcome to the forum . We are CAR guys, meaning we like more than just Subaru's.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    hahahahaha. You ignorant fool. No "blind brand loyalty or fanboys" here. You must have missed the part about me being new to the WRX family (meaning my statement about the ST were based purely on researching value for price). Your adolescent response doesn't protect the integrity of this forum, it only proves how ignorant and arrogant you are.
    Synolimit incarnate!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Synolimit incarnate!

Rep'd

EDIT:
    NVM... won't let me rep you
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds to me like some of you should unsuscribe and get on the Focus Forum. I will take my WRX over an ST any day of the week. They say the greatest form of flattery is to copy. I am new to the WRX family but it appears to me that Subaru set the bar for which others are reaching.
    "The greatest form of flattery is imitation".
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Ohhhhhhhh ****...

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    I still want an SVT Focus...this is neat though!
    No you don't I had an SVT focus peppy and fun to drive, but ford made the clutch 2 small for the car mine burned out at 48k, and before people say it's the driver my Neon RT clutch had 180k on it before going out, seats wore out quickly, ac went, axles needed to be replaced at 50k it was a money pit, only car that was more trouble prone was my 2002 GTI 337, least that broke under warranty. After my experience I will never buy another ford or VW. I know Dodge is suppose to be working on a SRT 4 Dodge Dart.

I love when people dig posts up (albeit only a month this time) just to poop on other people
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlystock View Post
    No you don't I had an SVT focus peppy and fun to drive, but ford made the clutch 2 small for the car mine burned out at 48k, and before people say it's the driver my Neon RT clutch had 180k on it before going out, seats wore out quickly, ac went, axles needed to be replaced at 50k it was a money pit, only car that was more trouble prone was my 2002 GTI 337, least that broke under warranty. After my experience I will never buy another ford or VW. I know Dodge is suppose to be working on a SRT 4 Dodge Dart.
    You probably had driveline problems because you beat on the car. I cant think of any other reason you've had a variety of maintenance issues across several makes and models. Or you're just really unlucky, and in that case, buy a Honda.

You probably had driveline problems because you beat on the car. I cant think of any other reason you've had a variety of maintenance issues across several makes and models. Or you're just really unlucky, and in that case, buy a Honda.
    Jimmy, you are ignorant and arrogant.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

The Volkswagen had several tons of electrical issues, there was a problem with the clutches on the focus svt, later there was a revamp and they made the clutch and flywheel bigger, look it up. I babied my vw the check engine light came on before the first tank of gas. Also electric problems are not caused by beating on cars. I have a 2002 camaro, never a problem, had several neons, never an issue, a 2009 camry which was flawless. I love when people assume. I overly maintain my vehicles. I always take care of my vehicles and rarely do spirited driving. Those 2 vehicles were lemons, my other neon acr had 120k and gave me less trouble than the gti I had during the same time. Also I will never own a Honda, which seem over priced and under deliver on performance.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlystock View Post
    The Volkswagen had several tons of electrical issues, there was a problem with the clutches on the focus svt, later there was a revamp and they made the clutch and flywheel bigger, look it up. I babied my vw the check engine light came on before the first tank of gas. Also electric problems are not caused by beating on cars. I have a 2002 camaro, never a problem, had several neons, never an issue, a 2009 camry which was flawless. I love when people assume. I overly maintain my vehicles. I always take care of my vehicles and rarely do spirited driving. Those 2 vehicles were lemons, my other neon acr had 120k and gave me less trouble than the gti I had during the same time. Also I will never own a Honda, which seem over priced and under deliver on performance.
    You're very narrow minded if you think Hondas are over priced and under deliver on performance. It's not like the S2k set any records or anything. :rollseyes: If you want a true sports car, go buy a true sports car. I'm well aware that electrical problems don't come from beating on cars, this isn't exactly my first car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh lord...don't even get started on the Dodge Dart
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I dunno man, I think if they can actually execute on the plans that I've read about, I'd consider buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    +1 to vomiting
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.