I'm seriously geeking out over this car.... - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on I'm seriously geeking out over this car.... within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm surprised CA allows any of you to drive at all, any more....

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm surprised CA allows any of you to drive at all, any more.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'm surprised CA allows any of you to drive DINO POWERED CARS AT ALL, any more.

Fixed. Honestly unless you are in a major metropolis like La, Sac, SF and even in those places, the infrastructure for public transportation is garbage. And now adding it after the fact is way cost prohibitive (Cue high speed rail authority and $50 billion project). They push electric here in Sacramento real heavy, but the truth is the technology in battery life and charging isn't there to make it practical for most the state. Even though we have 38,000,000 people, the vast majority of this state is open farm land, desert and mountains.

Though I must admit for my daily commute and 95% of my driving, an electric car even at today's battery tech level is sufficient. They are just cost prohibitive. It seems they take any savings you would have for fuel and just offset the MSRP that amount, so in essence you have to buy it for the novelty. I mean I get it, change is scary and lobby's are powerful, its just a shame that the industry is responding the way they are to it, and as reluctantly. Gas is a big expenditure for most people. If you could buy a $15,000 electric commuter car say a fiat 500E, a lot of people could save $400 a month in gas.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    I was just picking atcha. People's Republic of Kalifornia, and stuff.

I do like the mileage numbers on the little Fiat.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I was just picking atcha. People's Republic of Kalifornia, and stuff.

I do like the mileage numbers on the little Fiat.
    Oh I know.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

So far so good. Mine only has 4300 miles on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.