I'm seriously geeking out over this car.... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm seriously geeking out over this car.... within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yes 30 is too soon. Also wait until they sort the US model IMO. I'd give it a year (and ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes 30 is too soon. Also wait until they sort the US model IMO. I'd give it a year (and hope they sell enough to soldier on by then).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mrd
    Here is grandpa All about Fico...
    They were nice cars. If you needed to do something on the engine, just take it out and put it on your office desk.
    You could lift the car with bare hands.

I Support ClubWRX
    In one of those pictures it seems the Abarth is leading what looks like another favourite, the NSU TT. Those must have been the days.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    turbonium

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Awesome commercial.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    2012 Fiat 500 Abarth priced from $22,000*

$22,000 MSRP gets you Bose, Bluetooth and an Abarth only Trackday with RPDE instruction!

They are making it tough on me.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fiat500abarth-23-copy.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	101633
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Alas I think the lusting is over. I finally dropped by the local dealer (only one for 70 miles or more) and it is the size of a small McDonald's with less parking. It is not supported by any of the local large dealer chains, so I would be nervous buying from them and relying on them to be my 1 stop shop.

Oh well, I stopped by Ford, Subaru and VW yesterday too.

Both Subaru dealers were out of everything WRX and STI....everything.

The new for 2011 4 door GTI was very nice. I was surprised having owned one 7 years ago how far they had come. The back seat room was huge with legroom ticking in at a class leading 35.5". Large boot, great fit and finish, awesome quintessential quirky plaid VW interior, just a nice place to be. I might even consider buying a DSG version so my wife could drive it. I think they want about $2000 too much for it MSRP, but that is all negotiable.

The focus is a horrible use of space. The rear legroom was less than my subaru. The windshield slants very aggressively which causes the dash to be very long which pushes everything toward the rear. While the idea of a focus ST intrigues me, I know Ford will put a price tag on it of $30k, which is waaay too much IMO.

So all I know is that the Fiat is out sadly.

With a price tag in the mid $20,000's a quad cab truck becomes intriguing until you see the MPG sticker.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting feedback about the Focus. I keep trying to like the Fords when I rent them, and they keep pushing me back with one thing or another. I also didn't like the interior proportions of the Focus..the Fiesta that I just rented was noisier going down the road than my WRX (that's saying something), and the Mustang is too big and chunky for my tastes. Hmmph.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Interesting feedback about the Focus. I keep trying to like the Fords when I rent them, and they keep pushing me back with one thing or another. I also didn't like the interior proportions of the Focus..the Fiesta that I just rented was noisier going down the road than my WRX (that's saying something), and the Mustang is too big and chunky for my tastes. Hmmph.
    We're on the same page. The funny center console of the focus is shaped like a V and is a little off. I think the interior design group did that to keep the dash from appearing soo massive. The fiesta is loud, and the mustang I just can't love for some reason, even though its specs make it "the best".

The VW gets very high marks for lack of interior noise in all the reviews I read. Most reviews also say that the DSG is just as fun to drive as the 6MT.

Honestly by the numbers the most bang for buck impressive car in the segment is the Mazda Speed 3. $24,000 MSRP, 268HP turbo, LSD, decent styling, tons of room.

This time I'm looking at sacrificing a little power for fuel economy, the VW is rated at 21/31mpg, and having my wife able to drive it is a double edge sword. Its nice because there will be no need to swap kid gear around, but shes an absolute slob, AND she always has mysterious dings show up.

So IDK. I may end up with nothing.

Edit:

The Focus's interior also seemed unnecessarily flamboyant for some reason, with crap protruding here and there for no functional reason.
    Last edited by 06wrx4me; 01-18-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Jimmy's next car?

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I almost got one of these before I bought my WRX. They are very interesting little cars, just not what I was looking for at the time.
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

I think I might have to find a local dealer and see if I can test drive an abarth.. the power/weight ratio on that car is nuts. 170ftlb and 2533lbs.. gotta go like a little rocket.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I think I might have to find a local dealer and see if I can test drive an abarth.. the power/weight ratio on that car is nuts. 170ftlb and 2533lbs.. gotta go like a little rocket.
    Easier said than done... my local never has one on the lot.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.