Anybody Know about the Subaru FR-S/Toyota FT-86
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anybody Know about the Subaru FR-S/Toyota FT-86 within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been hearing about this joint venture between Subaru and Toyota on a car that is supposed to be inspired ...

Anybody Know about the Subaru FR-S/Toyota FT-86

I've been hearing about this joint venture between Subaru and Toyota on a car that is supposed to be inspired by the classic 80's era AE86 Toyota Levin/Sprinter Trueno or Corolla GTS here in the USA (84-87). Subaru is responsible for the engine/drive-train and Toyota is doing all the other stuff. Talking with the Scion guys, it's supposed to be released here in the US as the Scion FR-S. Anyway... just find it interesting since it is a coupe and RWD and is supposed to have three base levels with the mid-to-upper levels having turbocharged Subaru boxer engines

Scion FR-S Forum / Toyota FT-86 Forum / Subaru 2000 RS Forum and Blog — FT86club.com2012 2013 Scion FR-S Toyota FT-86 Wallpaper, Photo, Video, News, Blog and Forum
    Current ride: 2001 Kona Mama BMX... a classic!
    There are 3 types of people in this world...those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell just happened
    Pipe Hitters Union member
    http://www.wheeldude.com/wdg/ul/inde...ery/5154_2.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nope, not quite.

The plan for MY12: rwd coupe with the N/A FB20 engine.

There will not be a turbo FB engine until AT LEAST MY13. This particular car *may* get an awd system some time in the future (it's been hinted), but not yet.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Thanks for the 411!
    Current ride: 2001 Kona Mama BMX... a classic!
    There are 3 types of people in this world...those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell just happened
    Pipe Hitters Union member
    http://www.wheeldude.com/wdg/ul/inde...ery/5154_2.jpg

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.