Anybody Know about the Subaru FR-S/Toyota FT-86

This is a discussion on Anybody Know about the Subaru FR-S/Toyota FT-86 within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been hearing about this joint venture between Subaru and Toyota on a car that is supposed to be inspired ...

Anybody Know about the Subaru FR-S/Toyota FT-86

I've been hearing about this joint venture between Subaru and Toyota on a car that is supposed to be inspired by the classic 80's era AE86 Toyota Levin/Sprinter Trueno or Corolla GTS here in the USA (84-87). Subaru is responsible for the engine/drive-train and Toyota is doing all the other stuff. Talking with the Scion guys, it's supposed to be released here in the US as the Scion FR-S. Anyway... just find it interesting since it is a coupe and RWD and is supposed to have three base levels with the mid-to-upper levels having turbocharged Subaru boxer engines

Scion FR-S Forum / Toyota FT-86 Forum / Subaru 2000 RS Forum and Blog — FT86club.com2012 2013 Scion FR-S Toyota FT-86 Wallpaper, Photo, Video, News, Blog and Forum
    Current ride: 2001 Kona Mama BMX... a classic!
    There are 3 types of people in this world...those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell just happened
    Pipe Hitters Union member
    http://www.wheeldude.com/wdg/ul/inde...ery/5154_2.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nope, not quite.

The plan for MY12: rwd coupe with the N/A FB20 engine.

There will not be a turbo FB engine until AT LEAST MY13. This particular car *may* get an awd system some time in the future (it's been hinted), but not yet.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Thanks for the 411!
    Current ride: 2001 Kona Mama BMX... a classic!
    There are 3 types of people in this world...those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell just happened
    Pipe Hitters Union member
    http://www.wheeldude.com/wdg/ul/inde...ery/5154_2.jpg