The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief!
Page 1 of 73 123456789101151 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Awesome Scion FR-S coverage: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1163 Gotta be over 100+ photos and videos there so enjoy. I can't believe I'm saying ...

Post The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief!

Awesome Scion FR-S coverage:
    http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1163

Gotta be over 100+ photos and videos there so enjoy.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually a fan of this Scion. I've hated all Scion cars and the brand's image up until now, but this could definitely change my mind *possibly*. That's if it comes with the performance to back up that exotics look.

Now, will they be calling the car the Toyota FR-S in other markets where there is no Scion?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The nose will hopefully be corrected before (potential?) production. It does look interesting.
    New York 2011: Scion FR-S Concept is "friggin' really sweet"
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Said it before, say it again... sick!
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob
    KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
    Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Kicker BassStation 2ea. 12" | Blue Prova Rearview

"I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times."

Great looking car!
    2005 Pontiac GTO 6-speed
    364.94rwhp 359.47rwtq
    Mods: K&N Drop in Filter, MSD wires, AC Delco plugs, Corsa Sport Catback, Lonestar Ported LS2 Intake/TB

The FT-86 body style is sick in its own way, but it looks a lot like the Subaru STI coupe version. From what I read in the Motor Trend Mag is that the 2012 Subaru STI coupe will be eliminating the AWD for RWD. Now by eliminating the AWD it takes away what Subarus are known for, just like the way they killed the soul of the Skyline but taking away the orginal tail lights and the heart of the car (In-line 6) for a V-6.

just my 0.02 cents.

I Support ClubWRX
    The "AWD" thing is very recent for Subaru and they have not, despite all that they say, adopted it for their entire fleet. They still sold FWD cars all this time, for example. The same goes for the boxer motor -- they have not adopted it for their entire fleet despite what they would like to have everyone think at times. I think it's marketing born from necessity for them.

An RWD coupe with the Toyota 1.8L motor would be at the very least interesting. Even (despite?) a Subaru non-turbo 2.0L would be interesting. I'm warming up to the idea.

Major drawbacks:

The nose needs correction.
    The wheels are appalling.
    Using an 86 in the name will draw all the wrong crowd and could even doom the car to fanboy/fad status.
    The front is busy, even ignoring the nose itself. Simplify. It will age better that way.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Spy Shots: Scion FR-S caught prepping for 'Ring runs

(sure look like the STi enkei wheels on there !)

We've been waiting, rather patiently we might add, for Toyota to bring out its latest sports car for what seems like millenniums. This new coupe will be wearing a Scion badge and go by the name FR-S, which stands for "front-engine, rear-wheel-drive sport." It's the "R" and "S" that has enthusiasts eager to lay eyes on this Scion in the flesh. A concept version was trotted out at the 2011 New York Auto Show, but spy photographers managed to capture a camo-covered development mule adding "Germany" to the stamps in its passport book.

Read More/ Pics: autoblog.com/2011/05/16/spy-shots-scion-fr-s-caught

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Arrow Subaru 216a / Scion FR-S Taking Shape! Spy pics show aggressive body and high wing

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah not bad was jst checking it out on autoblog

autoblog.com/2011/05/18/scion-fr-s-sprouts-a-wing-at-the-ring/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

The front end looks mighty mean. I hope Subaru turbocharges their version. Then it will be a nice little car.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice STI Enkeis.

Unabomber's assessment on NASIOC is where I stand on this.
    Last edited by brfatal; 05-18-2011 at 10:17 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Will the wing interchange directly with authentic Hyundai Tiburon parts?

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    I like the smaller wing version much much better (on the link, lower pics). If Subaru made a similar version to that with AWD and a turbo (maybe 16g size or even VF series) I would consider that as my next subaru in a couple years over an STI
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    I like the smaller wing version much much better
    The big wing is my main objection at this point. They seem to have corrected the nose I think, or the camo covers the problems in any case. I wouldn't wait too long for big turbo versions -- I don't think they're necessary and it's unlikely IMO we'll see them even if they were.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Nice STI Enkeis.

Unabomber's assessment on NASIOC is where I stand on this.
    link
    "All We'll Drive"

Page 1 of 73 123456789101151 ... LastLast