The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jd92677 I would drive a first gen Miata all day long, great little sports car. After that ...

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    I would drive a first gen Miata all day long, great little sports car. After that they got too bulky. If only they made a 400hp version for under $20k, then everyone would want one!!
    I priced out building a first gen with a ls1 mill.. figured I could do it just under $8k and making about 430hp/450tq or so.

That included buying the car and the engine/trans/management. I just cant really see myself in a miata as an owner. I love em.. and they're one of the most raced f/r platforms on the planet.... I just cant do it lol. So I'm going to find a 2nd gen rx7 and do it to that
    Last edited by mangostick; 11-08-2011 at 12:06 PM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I priced out building a first gen with a ls1 mill.. figured I could do it just under $8k and making about 430hp/450tq or so.

That included buying the car and the engine/trans/management. I just cant really see myself in a miata as an owner. I love em.. and they're one of the most raced f/r platforms on the planet.... I just cant do it lol. So I'm going to find a 2nd gen rx7 and do it to that
    One like this one for sale near my house, I presume?

V8 RX-7
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

American cars are crap.

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    This is not pointing at anyone.

Let's discuss the FRS/FT86/BRZ.

This is the Cars/Prototypes forum, where we discuss new cars. We need to be done with all this discussion of all of these other cars. Stick to the BRZ
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    OK, being curious and lacking a FRS to look at, I looked at the interior of a recent tC and I feel it is a step above my 02 Impreza. For the part that matters when one is sitting in the car, driving it, I think Toyota are ahead. The wheels are also fancier so I think we can expect good things there too (the photos I've seen so far though of the new car are not impressive WRT the wheels fitted, hopefully they'll fix that and fit some nice Enkeis or something).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Pissing contest posts have been removed from the thread. Hopefully you guys have run out of words for the present. I'd like to keep this thread open, since people are interested in this model; take your attacks to a private format, or there will be blood (infractions) after this point.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

(off topic) I know this is gonna sound stupid, by me and my friend were actually designing a car with the same layout in cad, only difference was the engine options, i'm actually really happy it's being built, and that it looks some what like the designs my friend and i came up with. (on topic) Anyways back to the brz, i think it'll be a great car, i have a stock '04 wrx, and i'm guessing the brz will be putting out the same if not more whp because of less drivetrain loss, so i deffinetly think it's going to be a fun car.
    2004 wrx 5-door, freshie in college, miss my car

I Support ClubWRX
    Just came across the latest Motortrend.They are doing a cover story on the BRZ

2013 Subaru BRZ Prototype First Drive - Motor Trend
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

if the car looks like those renderings, i really hope the mustache is removeable
    2004 wrx 5-door, freshie in college, miss my car

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    While generally true, there are ways to "coupe-itize" it...

I'm strangely turned on by this.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Just came across the latest Motortrend.They are doing a cover story on the BRZ

2013 Subaru BRZ Prototype First Drive - Motor Trend
    I didn't realize this thing has 2+2 seating. That almost makes it functional! I also didn't realize it has the Lexus transmission. That ought to make the shifting smooth (I hope). I sure hope they have a copy at the 2012 NAIAS so I can at least see it in person. I will definitely be taking this for a test drive!
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

+1

That Miata is sex.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

...just had a thought. When will ClubBRZ.net be rolled out?
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    ...just had a thought. When will ClubBRZ.net be rolled out?
    Toyota FT-86 / Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyobaru.net

2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I should have known.
    My Photostream
    about.me

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.