The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow... what did I miss in this thread?...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Wow... what did I miss in this thread?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Wow... what did I miss in this thread?
    Nothing to see here folks...keep moving
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Oh...I guess me comparing the new BRZ to a solstice and sky got everyone fired up lol....actually I have no clue what happened! I think its because I have a picture of Taylor Swift to the left....it gets everyone going...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

zax
    MIATA.

Facebook me here

MIATA.

Even though I previously said I would never be caught driving a Miata....there is a nice one in town that I pass everyday while working. I will snap a pic of it sometime!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Even though I previously said I would never be caught driving a Miata....there is a nice one in town that I pass everyday while working. I will snap a pic of it sometime!
    I would drive a first gen Miata all day long, great little sports car. After that they got too bulky. If only they made a 400hp version for under $20k, then everyone would want one!!
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I think we all just need to wait and see what the BRZ will become, its pretty much all speculation right now and I bet we will all be surprised!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

zax
    The Miata literally is the quintessential small affordable sports coupe. Those who imply otherwise either 1. Have never driven one or 2. Are not comfortable with themselves. Previous to driving a Miata in a PDS Level 1, I sang to quite a different tune. A modern Miata will corner with 125% the ferocity of any WRX/STi while maintaining much more neutral handling. It is a fantastically well-balanced small car that goes to show fun does not have to go hand-in-hand with power.

Facebook me here

The Miata literally is the quintessential small affordable sports coupe. Those who imply otherwise either 1. Have never driven one or 2. Are not comfortable with themselves. Previous to driving a Miata in a PDS Level 1, I sang to quite a different tune. A modern Miata will corner with 125% the ferocity of any WRX/STi while maintaining much more neutral handling. It is a fantastically well-balanced small car that goes to show fun does not have to go hand-in-hand with power.
    Ha, well I have never driven one. Plus I must not be comfortable with my self...I feel weird driving my woman's scion tc....lol.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree with everything said about the Mazda and the Honda, except their description as coupes. Neither is a coupe.

Both are brilliant for what they are, despite having the motor placed incorrectly.

A better car than the Miata that even had the motor placed correctly is no longer in production. I feel lucky to have one, a MkII MR2, as my daily driver.

The new Subaru/Scion/Toyota/whatever has enough power and its main problem in the market will be the economic climate on the one end, making any car a hard sell, and the Japanese cartoon fans on the other hand, who want something RWD and Japanese and are torn between car payments and getting together enough rent to move out of their parents' homes.

If I needed a car, I'd strongly consider one from what I've seen so far. There are serious styling problems, but I can't see a car's exterior while driving it. Toyota is in the top 2 makers in the world, so that's encouraging; it's a shame they used a Subaru motor rather than a Toyota motor in the car though. Still, all this I can overlook.

I hope the car will be a hit.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^^ This.

The Miata also has the best shifter I have ever used in a manual car. Perfectly balanced, notchy, and seems to give me telepathic shifting abilities. The WRX gets better with bushings and a STS, but still not as good as a Miata right out of the box, IMO.

Does anyone know where the gearbox from the BRZ came from? I'm guessing its a toyota box, otherwise it must be a new unit.

EDIT: Supposed to reply to ZAX's comment, but I agree with SD_GR about the Gen II MR2. Also a great car, but a pain to work on.

Sent from my Droid 2
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

.....maybe this is the beginning of the next supra....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    I understand, I think, what you are saying; however I disagree about the Supra being a good "goal." Its status as something of a "halo" vehicle now is baffling to me as well; it was never an interesting car.

I imagine dealers think such a car would make them lots of money, but I don't know whether that's based on actual experience selling Supras or on wishful thinking. The last of the Supras were expensive, and used tremendous amount of technology to answer questions that it turns out nobody was actually asking. The non-turbo versions are decent cars though, granted. The turbos were IMO a mistake.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

zax
    With a Subaru motor? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    and the Japanese cartoon fans on the other hand, who want something RWD and Japanese and are torn between car payments and getting together enough rent to move out of their parents' homes
    this is funny

BTW, SD... you are correct (and it is my folly), the Miata is a roadster and not a coupe being that it does not have a permanent hard-top.

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    the Miata is a roadster and not a coupe being that it does not have a permanent hard-top.
    While generally true, there are ways to "coupe-itize" it...

My father in law had a Gen 1 Miata, and seriously considered doing this. It's just a larger hardtop piece, but you sacrifice trunk access.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.