Subaru WRX Forum banner

The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief!

91K views 1K replies 97 participants last post by  joesubaru7 
#1 ·
Awesome Scion FR-S coverage:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1163

Gotta be over 100+ photos and videos there so enjoy.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually a fan of this Scion. I've hated all Scion cars and the brand's image up until now, but this could definitely change my mind *possibly*. That's if it comes with the performance to back up that exotics look.

Now, will they be calling the car the Toyota FR-S in other markets where there is no Scion?

#239 ·
Here's that direct injected 2.0L turbo Zax has been wanting...

#243 ·
We're on a forum dedicated to turbo'd cars. Why wouldn't we want a turbo in it? :p

With that being said though, great post above.

#256 ·
cant wait to see the final numbers on the turbo motor. all & all i think its a pretty dang sexy machine add a turbo, hood scoop, & after market support..:schwing:... sorry had to grab a kleenex, i'd jump all over that if i could afford a payment on a car i plan on throwin money at for the next few years, :thumbup::thumbup: thats just my .02

#257 ·
Went to NAIAS during the press preview yesterday. Stopped by the Subaru booth and talked to the booth babe (sorry, I can't remember the PC term), for about 20 minutes. While Scion had a huge reveal, Subaru just had the car on a platform - that was it. I asked the girl why Subaru wasn't making a big deal of the whole thing. She didn't have a good explanation, other than the reveal was @ Tokyo. I told her that was stupid. :) We also explored the target market. We both speculated that it's for the younger, single folks. (Hopefully those crazy kids will be buying the BRZ, rather than the WRX, making my insurance rates do down.)

She said the car should be available to dealers this spring, but when asked when I could test drive the car, she wasn't sure if/when that would be possible. (Similarly to the lack of WRXes available for test driving.)

For all those wondering, the front plastic mustache thing, is just as ugly in person. :shakehead:

#260 ·
Looks good. I like the trunk lip spoiler on it a lot. I do think that there is just WAAAAAAY too much wheel gap though. But that can be easily fixed :)

#266 ·
Yeah, that lower profile spoiler looks SO much better than that crappy ricer thing the prototypes had on before. That "mustache" is crying to be turned into a front mount intercooler.... ;)

#271 ·
i know what I am getting when I finally pay off the rexxer!

#273 ·
I'm going to the PDX Auto Show this weekend, and the BRZ has been confirmed to be there. Can't wait to finally sit in one! Hopefully the FR-S is there too so I can do a side-by-side comparison.

#275 ·
I go to the Philly Auto Show every year, and that's in a week. I'll keep you guys posted and get some good pics :)

#277 ·

Saw the BRZ at the PDX Auto Show. Touching was verboten, which made me sad, but at least I could get a good look at the thing.

It's much wider than the photos show. It's has almost like a Corvette stance from the rear. It looked really, really good. The FR-S was nowhere to be found.

The BRZ rep said they'd be on dealer lots by May.

#284 ·
Talked to a local dealer. He already has 8 pre-ordered and a waiting list of like a dozen more. Such high demand for a car that will be limited run. Me crosses my fingers that I'll be lucky to get one should they decide to allocate more to the ATX.

#285 ·
I got to sit in and play with one at a local dealer in VB .. pics soon :D

but I really want one now. I was pleasantly surprised how well set up the interior is and the rear seats do actually fold down so the trunk is useful. Speaking of.. the trunk is not as small as one might think. Its shallow, but wide and fairly deep(fore-aft) given size of the car. The interior quality is better than the current STI. Nice padded dash and door cards. Subaru will also only have the car in premium and limited trims.

This one was dgm in color.. looked really good with the factory wheels. I'm thinkin in a couple years when the frenzy wears off and I have my wrx paid off I'll have to own one :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.