The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 70
Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 206061626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1093

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, that's more like it......

Yeah, that's more like it...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Neat stuff...but I don't think I want 430hp from 2 liters for my daily driver. One of the reasons I opted for the 18G over the 20 on my hybrid build was to keep nice driveability. It was the right call.

Nice to see people playing around with the car, though!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Neat stuff...but I don't think I want 430hp from 2 liters for my daily driver. One of the reasons I opted for the 18G over the 20 on my hybrid build was to keep nice driveability. It was the right call.

Nice to see people playing around with the car, though!
    Yes, I agree. Something more useable would be better for daily driving. I'm pretty amazed that they were able to get so much power from a 2 liter engine though. If Subaru could give it around 300hp and make it reliable.... ooh....

That just looks like fun.

Apparently the FA loves to make boatloads more power? That's the secret to this video.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, that was news to me, as well.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

so it looks like subaru came out with a motor that likes to make power more easily than the EJs, just in time for the EVO(which always had that advantage) to be discontinued
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

My dad bought a BRZ a couple weeks ago, so I thought I'd throw up my own quick little review here. I only got one 15-20 min drive so far unfortunately. I'll have to report back once the car is past break-in and I get some more seat time.

It's a three-seater at best. The passenger can slide their seat forward for a smallish person to sit behind them, but with my seat in position (I'm 5'9") nobody was fitting in the seat behind me.

First thing I noticed about the car when backing out of the sloped driveway, is that there is no hill assist. This is a plus in my book. It made me realize I had gotten used to the hill assist in my car and I took my time feeding in the throttle. I'm not a fan of features that encourage laziness/tentativeness, hence why I drive a manual transmission in the first place.

Next thing I noticed was the brakes. The pedal was much firmer than in my car and effort required to stop the car seemed a bit more predictable/consistent as well.

The seats are amazing. They are more European sporty than American sporty like the ones in the wrx. (i.e. not for fat people) They held me in place in the corners quite well, but were not too tight or restrictive. I can't report on how comfortable they are for long trips yet though.

Steering/turning was excellent. True, it's not an overly powerful car, but on some of my favorite twisties I found myself going way faster than those white rectangles with the numbers said I should be. It feels so solid, so planted I wanted to keep going faster. The effort required for turn in was a bit higher than I initially expected, but once you get accustomed to it, it's yields a very rewarding drive.

Summary: My car needs some handling upgrades.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2963_zps73bd20a2.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	114019
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

^that's a purty color.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    ^that's a purty color.
    +1
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice, thanks for the feedback.
    I don't think of the FR-S/BRZ as being all-that good-looking, in general, but that angle on the car is fantastic.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    i do enjoy reading this thread. I am a mod on a tiburon forum, and you can only imagine the interwebz diarrhea that is spewed forth by a bunch of Quick and Pissed fanbois. "Moar Powah!!!" is teh tl:dr version...

that, and they would love to have the fat-pig-of-a-car, Genesis, over the BRZ.
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

I Support ClubWRX
    I thought a bit about doing a test drive with a Gen coupe. Maybe I still should, just to be thorough. What you get for the money with them seems pretty good!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    ^that's a purty color.
    +2. Excellent choice.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

^that's a purty color.
    Yeah I really like it too. It is remarkably similar to the plasma blue of my car actually. Just a bit more blue and a bit less purple.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I thought a bit about doing a test drive with a Gen coupe. Maybe I still should, just to be thorough. What you get for the money with them seems pretty good!
    While my dad was shopping he did drive the Genesis coupe as well. Both the 4 and 6 cylinder make huge amounts of power. He drove the V6 I believe, but he said it didn't really feel all that fast. Possibly because all of his previous experience with sportier cars were turbo'd ones. He also looked at the Focus ST, Mazdaspeed3, Golf R and the FR-S. Might as well try them all if you're in the market for something.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    yeah, the Genny is a fun car of sorts. I drove the I4-T. It had some giddy-up, and with a few mods, it would be that much better. I have heard good things about the 3.8 R spec, but have not had the pleasure; i hear it screams with a S/C...

they are just heavy... but having driven a tiburon, I will say that the uni-body construction, which gives it its girth, is worth it when t-boned; have seen the end results of such accidents, and also have seen guys literally walk away from the crash.
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)