The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 67
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 73 FirstFirst ... 175758596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1093

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, I've been a defender that it's got plenty of power for a pure sports car...but coming from my wagon ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I've been a defender that it's got plenty of power for a pure sports car...but coming from my wagon I can't help but wonder if I'd want more down the road. Of course, I might possibly just hang on to the wagon, when I buy a car, and have both worlds.

Guys on gt86 forums are getting between 20 and 30 more whp from an exhaust and tune. Assuming that it's not just from a raised rev limiter, that might be worth doing.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Yeah, I've been a defender that it's got plenty of power for a pure sports car...but coming from my wagon I can't help but wonder if I'd want more down the road. Of course, I might possibly just hang on to the wagon, when I buy a car, and have both worlds.

Guys on gt86 forums are getting between 20 and 30 more whp from an exhaust and tune. Assuming that it's not just from a raised rev limiter, that might be worth doing.
    Like you said, it depends on where that extra power is coming in, but that's a good chunk extra for a car of that weight.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Like you said, it depends on where that extra power is coming in, but that's a good chunk extra for a car of that weight.
    Yeah, 230 hp at the crank puts it at a similar power to weight ratio as a new WRX...but it's never going to "feel as fast", regardless. Forced induction spoils you to that surge of power. On the other hand, it would be nice to enjoy NA power delivery..you hit the gas, and the engine delivers, now. So many toys...
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Not having to warm the turbo up early in the corner and guess when it will actually hit relative to where you will be and how much traction you will be able to spare at that time? Sign me up. I do like the burst in a straight line though.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, 230 hp at the crank puts it at a similar power to weight ratio as a new WRX...but it's never going to "feel as fast", regardless. Forced induction spoils you to that surge of power. On the other hand, it would be nice to enjoy NA power delivery..you hit the gas, and the engine delivers, now. So many toys...
    Yeah, I was also a staunch defender of the factory rated hp, but 230 would be just about perfect, I think. I still firmly believe 305 or 265 crank hp would be seriously overkill, but 230hp NA would be great. It felt sluggish below 4k rpm. Like the Miata, it's an engine that's happier up near the top. Move some of that torque lower in the powerband, and you'd have me sold.

As you said, we're spoiled by that surge of turbo torque, so suddenly not having that probably skewed my perception of power a bit, but it wasn't bad.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Thoughts on Toyota's convertible concept? I'm a fan of the look, although not of convertibles in general. Now that people have tasted the nectar of the coupe's superb handling, I wonder if the convertible will disappoint them?

The Toyota FT-86 Open Concept Is Here To Scare The Mazda Miata
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I actually really like it. And if they can produce it and keep that stance/wheels? Even better.

Plus that white interior looks like pure sex.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Just so everyone knows, I'm selling BRZ's at invoice through the program in my sig so you no longer have to get gouged if you want one!
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    enabler

"From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Just so everyone knows, I'm selling BRZ's at invoice through the program in my sig so you no longer have to get gouged if you want one!
    Dang. If you're still doing this in a few months, I may be driving to dirty Jersey to come get one.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

oh man, do want.

Link? ~25WHP sounds good but how much more toque? Because even for a featherweight 151FT/lb is

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, it is a Honda S2K-esque torque situation, though, most reviewers say that what torque there is is available very early in the powerband. If I stumble across a good dyno link on ft86club, I'll post it up.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I think both Simmons and Bill Cook are building STX class BRZ's. With a proper 93 octane tune and the associated parts they have gotten rid of almost all of the torque dip.

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/w...pseacc56a3.png

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm interested in learning more about the "Visconti tune". This guy's video of his car after the tune seems to show some respectable acceleration. Not hybrid bugeye accelerations, but plenty for fun.

--Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.