The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 64
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Chance1218 2014 Subaru BRZ Convertible - Gallery Like this Yuk. From driver's car to poser's car in ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chance1218 View Post
    Yuk. From driver's car to poser's car in one simple step.
    Last edited by Soobvirgin; 11-26-2012 at 02:38 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Yuk.
    +1
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Yeah thats a ****ty chop.

Hope it doesn't end up with a "forward bubble" type look on it like the 350z convertible has. It's almost like a bad cab-forward design.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yeah thats a ****ty chop.

Hope it doesn't end up with a "forward bubble" type look on it like the 350z convertible has. It's almost like a bad cab-forward design.
    lol i would never get a convertible unless i lived somewhere super sunny. my 1st car was a 1995 Honda Del Sol Vtec with a removable targa top... I live in WA and any time it would rain, it would leak, fog up, and would never stay warm.. so I dont care about a convertible BRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    ^^That's some artist's photoshop. I'm more interested in the real thing.
    and ya i know it is an artists photoshop... but it would look somewhat like that.

Yeap.. so, as it stands right now my "white out" FRS clears customs tomorrow and will be at my dealer mid to late next week. I couldn't pass up the deal they offered me for my wrx (basically paid it off so I step out of it free and clear) and right now it actually all works really well on the financial side. Win/win's never happen.. so I had to jump on this one. pics to come.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX

The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Yeap.. so, as it stands right now my "white out" FRS clears customs tomorrow and will be at my dealer mid to late next week. I couldn't pass up the deal they offered me for my wrx (basically paid it off so I step out of it free and clear) and right now it actually all works really well on the financial side. Win/win's never happen.. so I had to jump on this one. pics to come.
    WUT!?!? Sweet deal dude! When does the turbo kit go on?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice, Shawn! So why the FRS as opposed to a BRZ?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I like the FRS bodywork more than the BRZ.. I cant get over that "chewing on mouth guard" look the BRZ nose has. Not only that but the FRS is $3k cheaper than the BRZ and I'm not a huge fan of widgets and gadgets anyhow so why spend the extra coin?

There will be no turbo in this cars future. I *might* be so inclined to add a supercharger sometime down the line but its definitely not a priority for me. I figure I'll be able to make a very respectable 30mph avg with this car so its not just to have fun, I'm seriously going to save some money owning it. Payments are also $46 cheaper /month.

I've driven enough of them to like the car exactly as it is and plan no less seat time for this car than my WRX got. It will remain very close to factory prep. Honestly all I'd really like to do is take the flat spot out of the oem tune. My roots rest in RWD.. so I feel this car will be a nice way to return to what I know best.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Sweet, we expect many pics!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Yep, there will be pics. If I can pry myself out of the drivers seat to take them lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

So the next time you come up to Philly you'll be rocking it!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

that is correct Mikey.

pics!

Already have over a hundred miles on it and I picked it up yesterday afternoon. Lovin this car! Its no rocket by any standard but the torque delivery is actually pretty solid. Throttle response is really good, winds easily (a little too easily considering I'm still trying to keep it mild for break-in) .. so far have 114mi on just a quarter tank of fuel used.

So you're asking, was it worth the loss in torque and hp? for me? YES.

And yeah I know I need to change the plate.. workin on that. Cant confuse the dmv with a transfer AND a new set of personal plates all at once.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks great in white!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice. I've driven a "TRD" FR-S (basically just had stiffer springs, wider wheels and sticky tires), and the handling was amazing, though my stock bugeye would blow the doors off it, acceleration-wise. I kept an open mind, but I did feel the power was a bit lacking. 230-250bhp ought to do nicely.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

It does look good.. even today with rain and cloud cover. Power wise.. meh.. that depends. On the street its more than adequate (where mine will live a good 99% of its life). I've also found that it seems torquier at mid to 3/4 throttle vs all the way to the floor. Granted I'm no where near being able to hammer it yet (break in!) but Its still pretty stout for what it is.

Found a interesting bit about the FA motor though. It uses 0-20 full synth.. and they recommend changes every .. get this.. 10K mi!!

Now modern oil and engine technology have gotten to a point where this is feasible on a regular daily driven family sedan or small SUV.. but there's no way in hell I'll push a oil change interval that far on a performance application. I'll be doing mine every 5K along with rotating the tires at every oil change. In my previous rwd experience I was eating up rear tires 2-1 to fronts.. but that was also a car that weighed only a little more w 420hp. I think between the traction control and much lower power levels I should be able to keep tire wear in check.

I'll report back as I rack up mileage .. so far, its a wicked bit o kit
    Last edited by mangostick; 12-05-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.