The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 53
Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ChiefDizzle88 Well I'm definitely not a professional driver. I buy cars that are fun to drive cause ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefDizzle88 View Post
    Well I'm definitely not a professional driver. I buy cars that are fun to drive cause I'm all about fun. However for me it wasn't that fun to drive. Granted it may handle very well but if a super curvy downhill mountain road is the only place that car is fun to drive then I'll keep my WRX. JMO.
    I agree 100%. A naturally aspirated 4cyl has never made an appearance in any of my driving fantasies . The BRZ wil not hit my radar until it gets a turbo, but then it'll be around 30k, ahh nevermind.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefDizzle88 View Post
    Well I'm definitely not a professional driver. I buy cars that are fun to drive cause I'm all about fun. However for me it wasn't that fun to drive. Granted it may handle very well but if a super curvy downhill mountain road is the only place that car is fun to drive then I'll keep my WRX. JMO.
    Should have bought it and swapped it.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    I agree 100%. A naturally aspirated 4cyl has never made an appearance in any of my driving fantasies . The BRZ wil not hit my radar until it gets a turbo, but then it'll be around 30k, ahh nevermind.
    It likely will never get a turbo from the factory. They make make an STI version but it probably wont get a turbo. At least that is what is rumored. Subaru came out and said this isn't a car that was built to be compared to the WRX.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    I could be mistaken, but I think the impetus behind the "backlash" was people coming to conclusions without having driven the car. If someone drives it, and doesn't enjoy it, then that's that.

Be prepared for the backlash, " you can't appreciate a real drivers car ", "speed isn't everything", and " did you drive it through a twisty mountain road? If not then shut your mouth ! " Because all we do is drive pristine canyon roads all day here in America. Who the heck needs speed anyway? We all bought our Wrx's instead of Imprezas because we dig the hood scoop, not because they're fast!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I liked the mud flap look on wrx's and the awd models. It always made sense but did really get over played. I kind of find it more of an oxymoron with a rwd coupe. It is what it is.

Got another one in and I get to PDI my third BRZ. At least tomorrow shouldn't be rainy so I may be able to get a better feeling for it then when it was raining.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    I kind of find it more of an oxymoron with a rwd coupe.
    037 Evolution II (from the looks of it; can't be sure about the Evolution personally).

Last edited by SD_GR; 06-27-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

And iirc a lot of the "backlash" also had to do with trying to directly compare it to the wrx/sti, mustang, etc.

It's just not that type of car, as Drews stated.

The OP drove it, and decided that his wrx is the better car for him. No biggie. No backlash

Oh and +1 to Rays.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

There's a big difference between that thing kicking up large chunks of tarmac and entire roads, and the BRZ which is just gonna whip around roads
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Be prepared for the backlash, " you can't appreciate a real drivers car ", "speed isn't everything", and " did you drive it through a twisty mountain road? If not then shut your mouth ! " Because all we do is drive pristine canyon roads all day here in America. Who the heck needs speed anyway? We all bought our Wrx's instead of Imprezas because we dig the hood scoop, not because they're fast!
    You are so damn jaded over this car, aren't you?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I think the impetus behind the "backlash" was people coming to conclusions without having driven the car. If someone drives it, and doesn't enjoy it, then that's that.
    This. NOW, the OP's post has some merit. He drove it, he didn't like it. Simple as that. So many people drive a WRX, and don't like them...and does anyone blame them for that?

It's all the damn paper racing and blind interpretations without merit that brings backlash, simply because they are opinions formed on ignorance.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    This. Your blatant fanboyism was the direct result of magazine racing.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I want a BRZ and a brand new STi sitting in my driveway....one day....one day...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Jeez Rex, you're never happy, are you?

Honestly, for me it's somewhat refreshing to hear some drawbacks. I'm sick of reading article after article gushing over this car and all the apologists trying to compensate for it's relative slowness in this modern era where Camrys can outrun old Cameros.

I still think it's a great car, but the OP drove it and didn't like it. That's good enough for me.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    This. NOW, the OP's post has some merit. He drove it, he didn't like it. Simple as that. So many people drive a WRX, and don't like them...and does anyone blame them for that?

It's all the damn paper racing and blind interpretations without merit that brings backlash, simply because they are opinions formed on ignorance.
    I agree with you, but only to a point. It seems like the OP already went in with a biased opinion on how the car was supposed to perform. He also stated in his next post that he will keep his WRX. That is perfectly fine. But he, most likely unknowingly, immediately compared it to his WRX. That is not a fair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Jeez Rex, you're never happy, are you?

Honestly, for me it's somewhat refreshing to hear some drawbacks. I'm sick of reading article after article gushing over this car and all the apologists trying to compensate for it's relative slowness in this modern era where Camrys can outrun old Cameros.

I still think it's a great car, but the OP drove it and didn't like it. That's good enough for me.
    This is Subarau's attempt to break into a market where they don't have any presence. Can you blame them for trying to produce something new? If the OP wanted to make a "fair" comparison he should have driven an S2k, Miata and the BRZ. IMO, the OP made a very lopsided judgement especially since he had absolutely nothing positive to say about the car's performance.

I Support ClubWRX
    The OP left out the most important part...

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.