The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 52
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah it does sit low.. I like that in that type of car though. I also didn't seem to notice ...

Yeah it does sit low.. I like that in that type of car though. I also didn't seem to notice until I tried to get out and vs my wrx actualy had to climb out of the car. Not unconfortably so, but noticeably so.

I'm 5'9" 190lbs.. wider shoulders and long arms for a short guy and a little soft round the middle.. fit me just perfect. I like it when the seat grabs ya and keeps you planted. Its one thing to slide the car around, its another to slide around inside it.

Just about every day in the wrx I'm using a knee against the door to keep my arse in the seat. Shouldn't have to do that in any car imho.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I really, really do want one. I can't wait for the chance to buy it, and I hope to do so by this time next year.

For those of you complaining about insurance, you should check out state farm. I got a quote recently for the WRX for comprehensive coverage, and they only wanted 120/month. They'll give you a good student discount until you're 25 (whether you're in school or not) and if you bundle some apartment renters insurance or home owners with them, they'll drop it even more.

My buddy who has been with them for a few years only paid 90/month on his Nissan GTR. No, really. They're the best choice for the enthusiast, I think.
    I want to fill my parking spot with WRX Why won't Subaru let me?!

Photo Nerd #42/dowehaveaclubforthis?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
    I really, really do want one. I can't wait for the chance to buy it, and I hope to do so by this time next year.

For those of you complaining about insurance, you should check out state farm. I got a quote recently for the WRX for comprehensive coverage, and they only wanted 120/month. They'll give you a good student discount until you're 25 (whether you're in school or not) and if you bundle some apartment renters insurance or home owners with them, they'll drop it even more.

My buddy who has been with them for a few years only paid 90/month on his Nissan GTR. No, really. They're the best choice for the enthusiast, I think.
    Insurance will be different for everyone in different areas with different records. Insurance has been beat to hell in this forum. I've seen State Farm have some of the highest, and some of the lowest quotes, so it comes down to shopping around anyway no matter what. I only say that because with Progressive, I pay $100 a month for an STI...which most people pay double that with anyone else.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

State Farm wont even quote me.

If you have even one ticket in the last 3 years you're sol. Regardless of the company, if people start crackin these cars up on a regular basis it will start to generate a trend and insurance companies base risk on trends as well as other regional and personal factors.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I'd love to put the BRZ's gauge cluster in my WRX...my brain needs a digital speedo.

Plus those seats...

I was ___ (this) close to buying one, but I needed space. Not to mention BRZs are pretty much on backorder for a few months and I didn't want to really buy a car in its first MY.

The 200hp although enough to get in trouble in, needed to be a bit more IMO, about 230 and the engine needed to rev a little bit higher around 8k+ to make the car truly stand out.

I'm excited to see what other cars will come out if the BRZ does well, a RWD Civic? 240sx?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingen View Post

You can't make blanket statements like that. Insurance is based on many, many factors. Two seemingly identical people driving the same car can get very different quotes. $120 a month is high. I pay less than $90 for full coverage with Allstate. It just depends on the area and the circumstances. Best thing to do is shop around and see what's best in your specific area. As stated, this topic has been beaten to death in other threads, so I'll leave it at that.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by harhar View Post
    I'd love to put the BRZ's gauge cluster in my WRX...my brain needs a digital speedo.
    You'd like our Honda, then. The speedo is a projected hologram thing with indicators that pop up in 3D space. They got the effect by stacking various LCD screens in front of each other. It's trippy at first, but you get used to it quickly.

2007 Outback 3.0R wagon

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    You'd like our Honda, then. The speedo is a projected hologram thing with indicators that pop up in 3D space. They got the effect by stacking various LCD screens in front of each other. It's trippy at first, but you get used to it quickly.
    That's kinda cool, even though it's not the same thing it kinda reminds me of the Prius's "Touch Tracer" display. My mom's Civic (2006) is just an LCD display in the same location.

I've just gotten spoiled over the years with one, in the S2000, my wife's Mini, now Prius... that it's kind of a bummer it's not on the WRX... eh, I'll bet some ingenious poster will write a DIY soon, for that BRZ cluster lol...

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^Uh oh, Tony...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22566016.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	106236
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon

Hey I like them!

That said, when are we going to start being honest and call them PaintArmor flaps?
    I want to fill my parking spot with WRX Why won't Subaru let me?!

Photo Nerd #42/dowehaveaclubforthis?

A little disappointed in the BRZ/FRS

I finally drive one the other day, and I honestly I wasn't that stoked about it. I like the seats and interior a lot the exhaust sounds super aggressive stock, the motor almost lobes like its cammed. Great car until you put it in gear and drive. First off its slow, like holy effing S slow. I honestly believe in a drag race my girlfriends cobalt LS could keep it a car length or closer. Next is the manual transmission costs like 2 grand MORE than the automatic.. WTF? Also when your on it and shifting through the gear you hear this almost blow off valve like sound but there is odviously no turbo. When I asked the dealer about it he popped the hood and showed me what I'm deeming the rice flute. It's a plastic line they run from the intake into the firewall "So you can hear the intake and feel like your driving faster." reallllllly? So all in all a little disappointed. Went in excepting a 9.5 and left with a 6.5.
    I'm all about the 4 B's..... BEER, BOOBS, BOWS and BOOST.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry you didn't like it. Glad you didn't buy it.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Banned
    Be prepared for the backlash, " you can't appreciate a real drivers car ", "speed isn't everything", and " did you drive it through a twisty mountain road? If not then shut your mouth ! " Because all we do is drive pristine canyon roads all day here in America. Who the heck needs speed anyway? We all bought our Wrx's instead of Imprezas because we dig the hood scoop, not because they're fast!

Well I'm definitely not a professional driver. I buy cars that are fun to drive cause I'm all about fun. However for me it wasn't that fun to drive. Granted it may handle very well but if a super curvy downhill mountain road is the only place that car is fun to drive then I'll keep my WRX. JMO.
    I'm all about the 4 B's..... BEER, BOOBS, BOWS and BOOST.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.