The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 47
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 73 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ZOMG!!!111!!!1! I WANT A MUSTANG GT INSTEAD ITZ SUPERIOR IN EVERYWAY!!!! YOU GUYS AND YOUR WRXs ARE HORRIBLE. THIS SITE ...

ZOMG!!!111!!!1! I WANT A MUSTANG GT INSTEAD ITZ SUPERIOR IN EVERYWAY!!!! YOU GUYS AND YOUR WRXs ARE HORRIBLE. THIS SITE SUX. EVERY1 IS SO MEAN TO ME!!! I DON'T WANT MY WRX THAT MY DADDY BOUGHT ME ANYMORE!!!!1!! THE BRZ IS NOT AZ GUD. ITZ 2 SLOW! WHO WANTS TO DRIVE IT THROUGH CORNERS? MUST GO FAST IN STRAIGHT LINE!!!! HULK SMASH!!!!!!!1!!!1!

Sorry. had to get that out. Please continue with the bickering.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

BRZ wins again. However pay attention to the last sentence in this video "The pleasure of driving should be the most important thing for any rear drive car".
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

ZOMG!!!111!!!1! I WANT A MUSTANG GT INSTEAD ITZ SUPERIOR IN EVERYWAY!!!! YOU GUYS AND YOUR WRXs ARE HORRIBLE. THIS SITE SUX. EVERY1 IS SO MEAN TO ME!!! I DON'T WANT MY WRX THAT MY DADDY BOUGHT ME ANYMORE!!!!1!! THE BRZ IS NOT AZ GUD. ITZ 2 SLOW! WHO WANTS TO DRIVE IT THROUGH CORNERS? MUST GO FAST IN STRAIGHT LINE!!!! HULK SMASH!!!!!!!1!!!1!
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

--Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Magazine racing is the bestest! The GT has much more power and can pull higher lateral G's, so therefore it's better. There will be no redemption with numbers guys, just remember that. It doesn't matter which cars are the most fun to drive, it's about which has the best numbers. My penis is bigger than yours. Oh, have I mentioned that I've had the most fun on 4 wheels in... *drumroll* ... a 1984 Golf? That thing couldn't have put down more than 60 hp to the wheels and probably less than 0.7 lateral Gs.

Quote Originally Posted by 434WHP View Post
    This is also the mindset I ended up with on motorcycles. I started on a 70hp 400lb v twin bike as a "starter" then moved to a couple 600's, and well I realized quickly that they aren't "fun" unless you are doing felonious speeds on the road, or at a race track. And in everyday traffic below 5k rpm, they are a hot, twitchy, high strung hassle and quite the opposite of fun. Which is why I love my L twin 1100CC monster. It is an absolute blast from 0-80mph, very nimble, behaves itself in traffic, is light and just FUN. Yeah it only has 96hp and 76ft-lbs of torque, and yes it was in the same price range as a 180HP Yamaha R1 when I bought it, but I don't care. I wouldn't have been happy with the R1, and as for the reasons outlined above, it wouldn't have been as fun.
    I agree. Completely. I spent a summer with a Yamaha R1; rode it for approx. 2000 miles. I don't care that it has 180hp. My Buell is much more fun to ride.
    Last edited by zax; 06-06-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Magazine racing is the bestest! The GT has much more power and can pull higher lateral G's, so therefore it's better. There will be no redemption with numbers guys, just remember that. It doesn't matter which cars are the most fun to drive, it's about which has the best numbers. My penis is bigger than yours. Oh, have I mentioned that I've had the most fun on 4 wheels in... *drumroll* ... a 1984 Golf? That thing couldn't have put down more than 60 hp to the wheels and probably less than 0.7 lateral Gs.

I agree. Completely. I spent a summer with a Yamaha R1; rode it for approx. 2000 miles. I don't care that it has 180hp. My Buell is much more fun to ride.

Prove it.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

whip it out!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Prove it.
    Pics incoming!

Facebook me here

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Nice. Let me explain my reason for wanting a GT. When I bought my WRX in late 2008 ( with 100% of my own money ) I needed a car. I wanted a car with great performance because that's what I've always been interested in. In 2008 the Mustang had a tired 4.7 liter pumping out an unimpressive 300hp, there was no Camaro yet, there was no Challenger, the only other car that was interesting to me at the time was the Pontiac G8. I chose the WRX and I have enjoyed it. But the styling of my 09' sad, it looks like a Corolla.

So since my car still has good value and the GT is now a legitimate muscle car, I'm trading to get one. I was going to get the 12' WRX but it's just new sheet metal on a flawed design. I have grown a huge appreciation gor Subaru, and I will most likely buy another one down the road. I'm not a cave man, hulk smash, redneck, I just happen to like the GT's styling and performance, who doesn't want 420hp on tap?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    Nice. Let me explain my reason for wanting a GT. When I bought my WRX in late 2008 ( with 100% of my own money ) I needed a car. I wanted a car with great performance because that's what I've always been interested in. In 2008 the Mustang had a tired 4.7 liter pumping out an unimpressive 300hp, there was no Camaro yet, there was no Challenger, the only other car that was interesting to me at the time was the Pontiac G8. I chose the WRX and I have enjoyed it. But the styling of my 09' sad, it looks like a Corolla.

So since my car still has good value and the GT is now a legitimate muscle car, I'm trading to get one. I was going to get the 12' WRX but it's just new sheet metal on a flawed design. I have grown a huge appreciation gor Subaru, and I will most likely buy another one down the road. I'm not a cave man, hulk smash, redneck, I just happen to like the GT's styling and performance, who doesn't want 420hp on tap?
    My little rant post that started that wasn't so much at you for anything, it just kind of all came together from a lot of what's been going on with the whole site lately. I'm glad you have enjoyed your WRX and nobody here can disagree that the new Mustang GT is quite a bit of a beast, especially paying homage to muscle cars of old. The statements in bold are actually some of the best in regards to Mustangs that someone has said around here as of lately.
    You want a Mustang simply cause you want a Mustang...not because it's better than a WRX or a BRZ. To me, THAT makes the most sense in the world.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Wrong. BRZ Premium is $26,265. Mustang GT Premium is $35,095,
    I'm talking about the tested car versus street prices. Try comparing base models at street prices. They're not so far apart (and the one they tested was over $30k).

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I dont remember anyone asking you..
    Did someone ask for yours?

I saw the video. The BRZ lost by 1.5 seconds on a track that was anything but straight. Yeah, the guy raved about how nice the BRZ turns. That didn't keep it from losing. Add more power and you'd have something. But that's going to be a good wait until Subaru's agreement with Toyota expires. But each have their own priorities in driving. For where I drive, my WRX handles just fine and the power is nice (not spectacular by any means), but when the warranty is up, I plan on powering up. I already had a car that looke fast, but wasn't and it's not my definition of 'fun' to get passed by everything imaginable at traffic lights. "Ricer" vehicles get made fun of all the time for precisely that reason and this car looks a lot sharper than a '93 ProbeGT.

haters gonna hate and they're working hard at it.
    That's hilarious coming from you. I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    My biggest complaint about the new mustang has nothing to do with its performance because it has plenty of that, my complaint is with the way the exterior looks. It is F-U-G-L-Y.
    Well that's a very subjective thing. I always liked the looks of Mustangs and the retro-looks is something I wanted to see ten years before they actually did it. But then I grew up around muscle cars so I'm probably biased in that regard.

What bugs me on here is how people get in a such a RAGE over a differing opinion. So some people think it needed more power. Some don't care. That's a reason to scream and rant? Please. Why even have a discussion forum if it's just going to be a free-for-all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    This is the crap I'm talking about. I just think it's sad you literally cannot have a civil discussion on these forums. Continue flaming away over nothing. I couldn't care less at this point.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

I Support ClubWRX
    There's a "Horsepower Continuum" out there. People who are very practical, not enthusiasts, think that their Priuses and Corollas are "peppy", and "plenty of power" to get down the road. Guys who tinker with forced induction V8's think that our WRX's and STI's are "dogs" in the same way that people here are down on the BRZ.

Jeez, how perceptions change. The BRZ is roughly the same, acceleration-wise, as a N/A Supra from the early-mid-90's. It's simple...go actually drive the car...if you fail to smile, it's not the car for you, and you move on. Easy peasy!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

civil discussions consist of valid points of view. I've provided info, my own self taken pictures and ride impressions.

What have you provided there mags?? Do you want me to answer my own question? .. I didn't think so, Kthxbye.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    It's simple...go actually drive the car...if you fail to smile, it's not the car for you, and you move on. Easy peasy!
    This. It really does boil down to this.

So since my car still has good value and the GT is now a legitimate muscle car, I'm trading to get one. I was going to get the 12' WRX but it's just new sheet metal on a flawed design.
    See this is fine. If you drive the GT and like it, that's great! It's all about the car that YOU like. My friend has a Ford Expedition and LOVES it. I couldn't see myself in something so enormous, but that's what makes the world so great: diversity.

but if I compare the GT to the WRX, the GT blows the WRX out of the water.
    This is my quarrel, Rex. You say the aforementioned statement, but precede the statement with the following:

I've never sat in a BRZ
    How do you know the GT blows the BRZ out of the water? And in what aspect? You obviously have empirical evidence from the perspective of the WRX (in your opinion), but this thread is about the BRZ. Numbers are only a small portion of the total enjoyment of the car. Magazine racing is IMO useless. We're all enthusiasts here, but you really make it seem like you have something to prove.

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    Well that's a very subjective thing.
    Absolutely, that is the whole point and one Ray is trying to make. The entire car experience is subjective universally from the perception of performance, value, looks, reliability etc. It will differ from person to person, car to car, decade to decade, so pick one that makes you happy and fits a criteria you establish, and when it doesn't, sell it and move on to another....that's life.

This just happens to be an internet forum where a common group of people all own a common car for a variety of different reasons.

Opinions are welcome, arguing on the color of blue is just noise.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.