The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 46
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Id do sticker on the last one left, a dark blue limited in manual.......

I Support ClubWRX
    Id do sticker on the last one left, a dark blue limited in manual....
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have actually decided that I want one, but I'm going to see what the next model revision provides until then I'm going to build a silly little track car out of a miata to play around with.
    I want to fill my parking spot with WRX Why won't Subaru let me?!

Photo Nerd #42/dowehaveaclubforthis?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    I actually have a 13' GT on order. It's a base, it only cost 29k. If you want a premium you just add 2,200. My math tells me, that equals 31,200. I've never sat in a BRZ, but if I compare the GT to the WRX, the GT blows the WRX out of the water.
    I really like the new 5.0 but to be honest it's not very fun to drive compared to my wrx. Friend of mine has an 11 with bolt on's and a tune that is faster than my car but driving it tells more of the story. I guess I just prefer the feeling of a turbocharged car but the Mustang does feel bigger and less nimble than the wrx. It all depends on what your going to do with the car.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I've never sat in a BRZ
    Well then you're no expert by any means, are ya? So technically this should be your last post in this thread. Thanks for wasting our time.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by MagnumXL View Post
    It IS a dog (I'd rather have the pony car
    I dont remember anyone asking you.. or that you've had anything constructive to add here. I'm also coming to the realization that some things just cannot be explained as well.
    Having ridden in one (FRS) very recently and also having ridden in a '12 stang within a day or so of that ... You're out of your mind even attempting to compare those two cars.

Is it just because of price? Unuseable rear seats and rear wheel drive? We might as well start comparing the BRZ to the Tacoma or Chevy Colorado. After all, they're in the same price range and rwd too.
    They ride about the same as the mustang.. OH! because they share that god awful live rear axle!

You have no basis to compare the mustang to anything remotely performance related. I'm pretty sure its because you dont have experience with the sort of cars that would compare and have yet to realize that very simple but important fact.

In fact, here's your comparison played out .. the result is hilariously pridictable.

I love the comment about "best live rear axle.. akin to being the healthiest guy in the ICU"

Don't worry; I'll try to remind myself how much fun I'm supposedly not having as I blaze past this thing in the future.
    Nice, hopefully the driver gives a smile and waves a single finger solute your direction as they enjoy their ride to wherever it is they're going

Since you've never had the fun we speak of.. and have no clue what its like, that's gonna be pretty tough now isn't it? A car only needs gobs of hp to call it "performance" when its too heavy to wallow its arse around a corner with out a uncomfortably stiff suspension and absurdly wide tires. Oh wait.. that sums up just about every modern market American mistake for a performance car (vette excluded)
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

The links are useless. You're assuming you can get a BRZ for msrp or lower. Good luck. You can get a GT for invoice all day everyday. You remind me of the people that think you can get a 2013' gt500 for 55k. Dealers always mark up cars that are in limited production and high demand.
    Yep, can get one for invoice all day.. definitely. You can also expect the resale value to plumet in the first year of ownership. Welcome to domestic cars.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I would take the BRZ or FR-S over a similarly priced GT. The same-price GT is going to be a base model, while the BRZ will have every toy imaginable for that money. And as far as driving...

YES, the GT really is faster. However, I'd rather be doing 25 with a big stupid grin on my face than be bored to death at 60. If your car can do 150, and you know you're never going to, then it's wasted potential. Also, I'd love to see a road test of the GT on some of the crappy back roads that so many enthusiasts love - occasional potholes, lots of bumps and dips and cracks and in general just junk pavement. I see them kicking ass on race tracks, but I wonder what the live axle does with a mid-corner bump?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
    I'd love to see a road test of the GT on some of the crappy back roads that so many enthusiasts love - occasional potholes, lots of bumps and dips and cracks and in general just junk pavement. I see them kicking ass on race tracks, but I wonder what the live axle does with a mid-corner bump?

Ever driven a midsize pickup? .. on loose bumpy roads they handle about the same. I'm not being sarcastic either, that's truth. The stang might be a little less rear happy because of better weight distribution than a small pickup but that solid rear axle does NOTHING good for cornering on bumpy surfaces.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Did you even click on the links?
    Herp Derp?

Seriously

Doobis reincarnate over there.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Herp Derp?

Seriously

Doobis reincarnate over there.
    heh.. there's a bunch of em.. but...

haters gonna hate and they're working hard at it. I'd rather work hard at getting some seat time vs bench racing paper numbers all day long.

Great driving experience is something unexplainable that you just cannot equate to words or numbers. Its also something numbers guys will never understand. Its just beyond their capability or desire to comprehend. There's so much more to a car than 0-60/60-0... hell even skid pad numbers really dont equate true performance or quality of driving experience.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, 18 pages in, and the fire still rages.

We all look for different things in our cars. It's okay...that's allowed.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Wow, 18 pages in, and the fire still rages.

We all look for different things in our cars. It's okay...that's allowed.
    True story!

But all this comparison of "omg it costs x amount, you could buy Y for that" is ridiculous.

Well I could get a new 2012 F-150 for the same as a mustang GT. I'd have more horsepower AND cargo space! Clearly it is the superior vehicle! How could the GT ever compare?!

It's all about what you're looking for in a vehicle, and price really does not indicate comparability of vehicles.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    heh.. there's a bunch of em.. but...

haters gonna hate and they're working hard at it. I'd rather work hard at getting some seat time vs bench racing paper numbers all day long.

Great driving experience is something unexplainable that you just cannot equate to words or numbers. Its also something numbers guys will never understand. Its just beyond their capability or desire to comprehend. There's so much more to a car than 0-60/60-0... hell even skid pad numbers really dont equate true performance or quality of driving experience.
    +1
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
    I would take the BRZ or FR-S over a similarly priced GT. The same-price GT is going to be a base model, while the BRZ will have every toy imaginable for that money. And as far as driving...

YES, the GT really is faster. However, I'd rather be doing 25 with a big stupid grin on my face than be bored to death at 60. If your car can do 150, and you know you're never going to, then it's wasted potential.
    I think there is more to this than people realize. This is why the Porsche 911 has lived as long as it has. Sure it loses the HP wars every year, but one drive behind the wheel and you don't care.

This is also the mindset I ended up with on motorcycles. I started on a 70hp 400lb v twin bike as a "starter" then moved to a couple 600's, and well I realized quickly that they aren't "fun" unless you are doing felonious speeds on the road, or at a race track. And in everyday traffic below 5k rpm, they are a hot, twitchy, high strung hassle and quite the opposite of fun. Which is why I love my L twin 1100CC monster. It is an absolute blast from 0-80mph, very nimble, behaves itself in traffic, is light and just FUN. Yeah it only has 96hp and 76ft-lbs of torque, and yes it was in the same price range as a 180HP Yamaha R1 when I bought it, but I don't care. I wouldn't have been happy with the R1, and as for the reasons outlined above, it wouldn't have been as fun.

I actually have a 13' GT on order. It's a base, it only cost 29k. If you want a premium you just add 2,200. My math tells me, that equals 31,200. I've never sat in a BRZ, but if I compare the GT to the WRX, the GT blows the WRX out of the water.
    Sure you can compare anything and everything just factored on price. But by your example with the Mustang being bigger faster stronger bang for buck, why would anyone have ever bought a Miata, WRX, EVO, Corvette, RX8, MINI, Honda Accord, Nissan 370Z etc, etc, etc. Reminds me of when I did the Richard Petty driving experience the first time. There was 1 Asian guy there who the whole group kept having to wait for out on track, because the fastest he would go was 80mph around LVMS. But he was having arguably as much if not more fun then everyone else there because every time he got out of the car he was audibly laughing, smiling and more excited than a kid on Christmas morning. Basically, everyone's different, people like what they like and no one will convince them otherwise.

My biggest complaint about the new mustang has nothing to do with its performance because it has plenty of that, my complaint is with the way the exterior looks. It is F-U-G-L-Y. Is it the best performer out of the pony cars? Yes, and there are numerous stats to back it up. But you know what I would have? SRT Challenger. Because after you reach the level of "FAST", tenths of a second are negligible and completely irrelevant, and because it is stunning to look at, is a nice place to be inside, and sounds good.

The links are useless. You're assuming you can get a BRZ for msrp or lower. Good luck. You can get a GT for invoice all day everyday. You remind me of the people that think you can get a 2013' gt500 for 55k. Dealers always mark up cars that are in limited production and high demand.
    The Scion FRS and all Scions are price protected. The price on the website is the price you pay and as part of the purchasing process you have to sign an affidavit to that effect which is transmitted back to Scion. So the FRS will have no markup, but the BRZ is fair game, however I can't imagine the BRZ commanding significantly more markup than the FRS price, otherwise people will just buy the FRS.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I drove a Limited BRZ yesterday a few miles. This one happened to have 38miles on the clock so far the dealer is definitely having fun with it. I can't say I drove it enough to do a proper review. I did drive it enough to form an opinion. Interior is good quality, but is small like it supposed to be. Back seats are there for insurance purposes. I'm not a big guy at 5'8" and 169lbs and the seats around the shoulders felt small. Car is beautiful to look at. has a nice stock 2 Liter growl. This car will go where you point it. IMO the "gearheads" or the people that like to go fast should wait for the STI version because the car is not as fast as it looks. Would I trade an STI in for it? Not yet. I wouldn't trade my WRX in for it either. The car is a great car but after driving it there is still something missing....Now come the flames.....I'm sure there are others that feel the same as I do.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.