The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 44
Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; From what I've read and heard from professional drivers, the BRZ is awesome, but they also say the same thing ...

Banned
    From what I've read and heard from professional drivers, the BRZ is awesome, but they also say the same thing about the miata/mx7. I'm sorry but I just can't lay down 27k for a car whose only quality is, it handles really well.

I just don't have that kinda money to have a car that is fun on a track but is essentially a 2 door corolla on the street ( power wise )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    From what I've read and heard from professional drivers, the BRZ is awesome, but they also say the same thing about the miata/mx7. I'm sorry but I just can't lay down 27k for a car whose only quality is, it handles really well.

I just don't have that kinda money to have a car that is fun on a track but is essentially a 2 door corolla on the street ( power wise )
    You just want something that can kill you, others, and do illegal things!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    You just want something that can kill you, others, and do illegal things!
    In that case, the STI is the car for him! haha.

Seriously, you're in norcal and can't find a road to enjoy driving on? And to be honest, anyone who has anything bad to say about the miata other than trunk space, has never driven one. Having driven several, they are amazing. Many people are saying the BRZ and FR-S is better. If it is truly better than the miata then it is unbelievable. You would give up an organ to get the sort of quality transmission the Miata has in the wrx, and the handling too.
    I want to fill my parking spot with WRX Why won't Subaru let me?!

Photo Nerd #42/dowehaveaclubforthis?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
    In that case, the STI is the car for him! haha.

Seriously, you're in norcal and can't find a road to enjoy driving on? And to be honest, anyone who has anything bad to say about the miata other than trunk space, has never driven one. Having driven several, they are amazing. Many people are saying the BRZ and FR-S is better. If it is truly better than the miata then it is unbelievable. You would give up an organ to get the sort of quality transmission the Miata has in the wrx, and the handling too.
    Im in San Jose, there are a few nice roads that I drive around here, but Im not exactly surrounded by great roads. The fact is, I work 50 hours a week, sometimes I work 60hrs - 6days a week, I don't have a ton of free time to just drive through the hills with the wind blowing through my hair.

If I had a miata I would give up 2 organs to have the sti's power. Nevermind, I would never own a Miata. If someone asked me what kind of car I drive, I wouldn't be able to say, a Miata, with a straight face or without breaking into tears and clinching my man purse for that matter.

Im in San Jose, there are a few nice roads that I drive around here, but Im not exactly surrounded by great roads. The fact is, I work 50 hours a week, sometimes I work 60hrs - 6days a week, I don't have a ton of free time to just drive through the hills with the wind blowing through my hair.

If I had a miata I would give up 2 organs to have the sti's power. Nevermind, I would never own a Miata. If someone asked me what kind of car I drive, I wouldn't be able to say, a Miata, with a straight face or without breaking into tears and clinching my man purse for that matter.

This is a local in my area who kept up with a GTR and beat a CTS-V. That's a pretty cool "chick" car.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

If you had a miata, you could have the STI's power for about $6k on top of the price. Since you can buy said used miata for like 15k, that's 21k. You can use the other 9k on a roll cage, star spec sticky tires, super-light wheels, and a new suspension, and absolutely curb-stomp an STI at any performance related challenge.

More over, if you'd ever driven one you'd love the whole "it's a chick car" thing for keeping the resale values low and keeping the car attainable, so that one day you might justify having one. Seriously, just... get a good grip on your 'man purse', walk into a dealership, and drive one. AROUND CORNERS.

Also: You seem to find time to blast the miata and BRZ... Maybe you should go find some roads to take out your frustration on?

OK, in other news, I wanted to get to the bottom of this cargo capacity thing once and for all so I googled it up a little. This isn't the BRZ, but... Look, the trunk is the same as the Scion FR-S. I'm sorry it's a scion too, lol, but it is.

Check this out: It

That's 4 mounted tires, a bigass tool box, a full size floor jack, and a LOT of extra room (Could stuff 4 jack stands and a soft cooler full of snacks in there)

I Support ClubWRX
    There's a BRZ the showroom here and it's got a pretty small trunk but bigger than it's got any right to be its a purpose built sports car after all. It's gorgeous! I would not even think of putting rims in a car like that! I'd definitely say wrx hatch if you're after practicality. If you're not, then **** the trunk, you'll love it!
    Last edited by rexxx0486; 06-04-2012 at 10:02 PM.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

I Support ClubWRX
    My favorite miata: monstermiata.com forget man purse, that will swell your coin purse!

Hey Clayton, can you work the same deal as the wrx on the brz? haha.

Tell that to my buddy who spent about $7k to turbo it with only 9psi of boost, but still putting down near 330 to the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
    If you had a miata, you could have the STI's power for about $6k on top of the price. Since you can buy said used miata for like 15k, that's 21k. You can use the other 9k on a roll cage, star spec sticky tires, super-light wheels, and a new suspension, and absolutely curb-stomp an STI at any performance related challenge.
    Truf. Simply stated.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Just drove the BRZ for the first time and WOW it is everything it is cracked up to be! ZERO body roll, it is probably the sharpest handling production car I've ever driven excluding 50k+ supercars. Has enough balls to chirp second and put you back in the seats pretty well. I am in love!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    I really really want to drive one, sadly I don't think I ever will unless I just purchase one lol.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    One of our production supervisors at work called me over and showed me a pic of a GTO's LSX engine the other day, transmission included. I said "oh, those engines are great!" He said "My son-in-law's putting it in his Miata". Holy crap.

I admire Mazda for bringing a true sportscar to the world, and making a success out of it. Life experiences come into play, here...if I had never owned a modded WRX, a 350-powered Chevy, or a G35c, it's likely that 200hp in a 2700lb car would feel plenty fast to me. If power delivery is pleasing, the sounds are right, and throttle response is good, it may still feel fast to me.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 06-05-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

That would be an awful lot of car - there are kits out there to preserve the handling of the miata despite the LS engine swap.

I just looked on flyin miata - if you get a 2006+ (NC style) and add their supercharger, you'd end up with 240 at the wheels. That's pretty much new WRX power, for a total of... 17k? No grip... but hey, whatever