The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 34
Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by lashak BRZ and impreza STI are two different cars as of right now.and why would they have ...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lashak View Post
    BRZ and impreza STI are two different cars as of right now.and why would they have an STI version? STI is about rally car performance. The BRZ is a 350 Z clone but weaker. ill be honest im really disappointed on the BRZ. it cant hold a candle to an STI no AWD its 0-60 times are average as well as all its other lap times and race times. and personally i like my WRX because i can still put my son and a baby bag in the back seat, and A stroller in the trunk and still fly down the road. IDK i just think the BRZ is the wrong direction for subaru.
    So...an STI is only for rally racing? I better get out and tell every STI driver to get off my roads.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    So...an STI is only for rally racing? I better get out and tell every STI driver to get off my roads.

Anyone have a car I can borrow for the street? I've been doing it wrong.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I guess we finally solved the "which is better, a wrx or STI?" question
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    I do not expect them to make a BRZ STi....to me that makes no sence....I do fully expect a 'BRZ Tuned by STi'....as they did for the Legacy and the Forester.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

rally car brah!!!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    I do not expect them to make a BRZ STi....to me that makes no sence....I do fully expect a 'BRZ Tuned by STi'....as they did for the Legacy and the Forester.
    Or something along the lines of a "Spec BRZ" or something like that.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'll make a BRZ STI. Someone give me a BRZ and I'll make it happen.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    i think they're gonna make a brz sti within a few years, seems very possible
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I didn't realize that STi was dedicated for AWD Rally Cars only. I thought it's simply a performance line-up for Subaru. It just happens that Subaru was known for their Rally Cars so they made a STi of their famous WRX.

As for the BRZ, I see a lot of Subaru fans aren't too happy with the idea of a NA, RWD car...totally different from their line-up, but the idea was really carried from the remake of a AE86. Which isn't meant to be a rally car. I do think that car could use a bit more power, but I don't think it's gonna be a bad car. If Subaru makes a STi version of the BRZ, it'd be cool IMO. Even if Subaru tweaked one with 250 hp, performance brakes and slap a STi badge on it, I think they have every right do so.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
    I didn't realize that STi was dedicated for AWD Rally Cars only. I thought it's simply a performance line-up for Subaru. It just happens that Subaru was known for their Rally Cars so they made a STi of their famous WRX.
    It's not. That was sarcasm before. STI = Subaru Technica Internationale...and they provide performance enhancing for Subarus.

As stated, there have been Forester and Legacy STI versions (maybe not in the US market) that have donned the same STI badge, and those vehicles are Rally bred.

NOOOOO

STi= rally car brahhhhh

KEN BLOCKKKKK WOOOOOOOO
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    NOOOOO

STi= rally car brahhhhh

KEN BLOCKKKKK WOOOOOOOO

The BRZ is a 350 Z clone but weaker.
    OH? that's funny since you can literally put he brz INSIDE the footprint of a z.. with room to spare.
    ill be honest im really disappointed on the BRZ.
    Without driving one yet, all you're dissapopinted in is ... well.. nothing since you have nothing to compare it to. You numbers guys really are going to miss out.
    it cant hold a candle to an STI
    wasn't designed to
    no AWD
    wasn't designed for that
    its 0-60 times are average as well as all its other lap times and race times.
    But how does it FEEL? who cares about numbers. meh.. its bench racing bs. Two DIFFERENT cars for two DIFFERENT purposes. No same same mang.. c'mon we've been over this and its old. Give it up already.

and personally i like my WRX because i can still put my son and a baby bag in the back seat, and A stroller in the trunk and still fly down the road. IDK i just think the BRZ is the wrong direction for subaru.
    That's nice, but those are YOUR needs not the op's. Mine and yours are pretty close with exception to children. I like to use my car for more utilitarian purposes when I need to. Hauling stuff for work, bikes, camping gear.. etc. When I saw the BRZ in person my first thought was "wow its really small" and next was "no way in hell I could put my bike in/on there." I still want one, but I wont commit until I can drive it. If it feels like they say it does.. then to me its worth the lesser over all power and lack of cargo room. Sitting in it felt perfect. Literally, it felt great. All controls at the right reach, even the cusion in the door where you rest your elbo was just right.

To the OP I give this;

Assess what you want from the car first. Our assumptions or opinions may not get you what you want. Buying something that will not do all you NEED it to do does you no good. If you need a car that is a little more utilitarian but fun, stick with your wrx and upgrade it. Its a great platform and very capable. If you dont need the utility and want that zen like "one with the car" feeling that a purpose built sports car will give, then go with the BRZ. By the time they are on US shores in any sizeable number there will be tuners frothing at the mouth to work with the platform. There will be aftermarket and I'm sure it will flourish. So dont get caught up to tightly in the initial numbers.

This is something you're going to spend a serious amount of money into regardless of what car you decide to go with, so sit on it for a while. You've got time to fully commit to one or the other.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    i intend to give a BRz a try when one comes in however 0-60 in 7 seconds FEELS slow no matter what ur in. and all this not designed for this and that rubbish makes me ask what is it designed for? to be unpractical slow and small? so it takes a quick corner and thats it? look at supercars as an every day car there horrible! but thats not what you buy one for either. you can say the BRZ is about fun driving but to such a small degree. I just think it needs......more something. I just see this as a waste of resources. If anything the WRX is due an updated version with the new impreza design being more for economy than performance that should be subbys focus. because i see this BRZ and think please dont be the car that could replace a WRX.
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationaryÖ thatís what gets you.

i intend to give a BRz a try when one comes in however 0-60 in 7 seconds FEELS slow no matter what ur in. and all this not designed for this and that rubbish makes me ask what is it designed for? to be unpractical slow and small? so it takes a quick corner and thats it? look at supercars as an every day car there horrible! but thats not what you buy one for either. you can say the BRZ is about fun driving but to such a small degree. I just think it needs......more something. I just see this as a waste of resources. If anything the WRX is due an updated version with the new impreza design being more for economy than performance that should be subbys focus. because i see this BRZ and think please dont be the car that could replace a WRX.
    You don't know what it needs cause you haven't driven it. You don't know how much fun it will or will not be, because you haven't driven it. You cannot say it is unpractical and slow...because you haven't driven it! It has been stated by the designers and engineers (from all the press releases and articles written) that the car WAS DESIGNED FOR HANDLING AND CORNERING, so how can it be that it was designed as unpractical and slow? Does not make any ****ing sense!

My biggest qualm with this whole goddamn issue is that people tout on and on that it's this, or that, or definitely missing this, and so on. They think it's crap cause it doesn't compare to a WRX or STI. Arguments made are 100% invalid because nobody has driven this car yet. Automatically writing it off cause it doesn't have amazing numbers on paper. It's just total irrational bull****, and when people are so irrational that they can't see past their own opinions, it's retarded.