The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 33
Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; That looks good. I'd have to see what it looks like with the top up to see if it retains ...

That looks good. I'd have to see what it looks like with the top up to see if it retains the rear cabin aggressive look.

I hated how the 350z convertible just looks like a bubble, almost like the cabin is more forward oriented. Not aggressive.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'm not really into convertibles, given my translucent skin...
    So do you glow at night? That would be a handy feature.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    So do you glow at night? That would be a handy feature.
    Silly Rambo. Vampires glow in the daytime!
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Silly Rambo. Vampires glow in the daytime!
    Exactly
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by MagnumXL View Post
    i agree with most of what you have said and of course you can compare the two its another sport inspired car from subaru

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Honey Badger doesn't care!!

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    I will say that old "slow" sports cars really are not eclipsed by something like this BRZ even if it gets its turbo.
    to that i say not yet

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    This is a pointless argument about a car no one has driven & very few of us have set eyes on & even fewer of us will ever own.
    true but thats the whole reason gore invented the ultranet, to battle trolls... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Does anybody else wonder if 3-4 years down the line, they will bring in a convertible BRZ? I believe it's got the potential and the market for it considering Miatas, S2000s, Z4s, and the likes...
    i had not considered this but it makes a lot of sense i bet they will

I Support ClubWRX
    BRZ and impreza STI are two different cars as of right now.and why would they have an STI version? STI is about rally car performance. The BRZ is a 350 Z clone but weaker. ill be honest im really disappointed on the BRZ. it cant hold a candle to an STI no AWD its 0-60 times are average as well as all its other lap times and race times. and personally i like my WRX because i can still put my son and a baby bag in the back seat, and A stroller in the trunk and still fly down the road. IDK i just think the BRZ is the wrong direction for subaru.
    Last edited by lashak; 04-13-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Quote Originally Posted by lashak View Post
    BRZ and impreza STI are two different cars as of right now.and why would they have an STI version? STI is about rally car performance. The BRZ is a 350 Z clone but weaker. ill be honest im really disappointed on the BRZ. it cant hold a candle to an STI no AWD its 0-60 times are average as well as all its other lap times and race times. and personally i like my WRX because i can still put my son and a baby bag in the back seat, and A stroller in the trunk and still fly down the road. IDK i just think the BRZ is the wrong direction for subaru.
    It's a driving experience which is a little simpler. more innocent.
    And seems like it would be as fun as an MX-5

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    Im going to get a brz and do an rsti swap and run 10.9s. Bam!
    If I had the cash to buy another car strictly for weekend business, this would be my route. Everyone reads the window sticker and laughs.. until all they see is the tail lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Does anybody else wonder if 3-4 years down the line, they will bring in a convertible BRZ? I believe it's got the potential and the market for it considering Miatas, S2000s, Z4s, and the likes...
    I'm not a convertible fan, but it certainly wouldn't look too bad. I really have no interest in any of the mentioned competitors even if they were hardtops. Miata = girly, Z4 = expensive girly and the S2k was probably the best looking of the bunch, but emphasis on WAS as of a couple years ago. I used to work at a Honda dealer and drove a couple S2000's further than around the lot. I really wasn't that impressed with the power and the lack of torque, not to mention they would be hell to drive in a state like PA.

This actually reminds me of the S2000 CR, which might I remind you all was priced at nearly $40k in 2008. Sure, it had a whopping 240some HP instead of the BRZ 200hp... but it was the same or maybe 5hp more than the regular S2000. All they did was add ground effects, rear spoiler, upgraded suspension and such. Oh and they took out the radio lol.

Im sorry...my comment was completely meant to be a joke...you can't do an rsti swap here, bc its not an RS. Sorry for any confusion or thoughts of grandeur that may have come from it.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Comment perhaps unwelcome by some......any low-power roadster, is considered "girly" by many, me included.

A BRZ convertible would fit squarely into that category.

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe, but that doesn't mean it can't be fun. Driving a Miata with the top down always put a smile on my face. I could care less what other people were thinking.

Not that I'd ever buy a convertible BRZ, but it would make a fun weekend car to borrow once in a while from my parents or something.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Fond memories in Spider, 914, X1/9, SJ410, CJ, VW buggy, all open top. Only drawback was slight wind effects to my healthy, vibrant hair.... A good drop top car is priceless.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ea126405 View Post
    Comment perhaps unwelcome by some......any low-power roadster, is considered "girly" by many, me included.
    Ah yes...the "what image will I project if I project if I buy this car?" approach. Never been that much of a factor for me, hence the reason I have no interest in Harley Davidsons, etc.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Ah yes...the "what image will I project if I project if I buy this car?" approach. Never been that much of a factor for me, hence the reason I have no interest in Harley Davidsons, etc.
    I agree, that is why I put more miles on my '72 Tangerine Honda CB350 than I do my other bike, which many think is much more manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Maybe, but that doesn't mean it can't be fun. Driving a Miata with the top down always put a smile on my face. I could care less what other people were thinking.
    This.

I love a fun sporty little convertible. You can bake in your large sedan, and I'll cruise to the beach with the top down. I just love it. I've always loved the S2000, looks especially, and plan on having one in a few years to supplement my STI (once paid off) for a weekend warrior or those nice days to drive to work. But what I'm getting at is if the BRZ does some how get a convertible edition, and it looks good, I may be more inclined to have one of them instead of an S2000.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying