The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 29
Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sorry if this is a double post.... check in a few sections before posting.. Did anyone see this yet?!?!?! http://youtu.be/FUPCwolLrsY...

Sorry if this is a double post.... check in a few sections before posting..

Did anyone see this yet?!?!?!

http://youtu.be/FUPCwolLrsY

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    pretty cool... lmao at a comment under the video:

"so there is room for a V8, but not a turbo?"
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

I'm all about stuffing a good v8 into anything rwd.. but .. I think with this car it defeats the purpose of having the boxer engine so low in the chassis.

There's room for a turbo.. I've seen it in person... the question is, does the oem have that intent or not?
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Starting price of $25,495 announced today
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Less than I thought. I do find it odd they priced it that close to the WRX though. Sales numbers for the first two years will be interesting.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    Starting price of $25,495 announced today
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Less than I thought.
    For that price, it's in my view the most interesting $19,000 car in the world.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

$25.5k to go 0-60 in 7.3 seconds when you could get the stock WRX for LESS *AND* have AWD for winter sports? I'll pass. Let me know when the 2 year agreement to not modify the engine is up and they put a turbo on. I'm betting the stock turbo will be nearly 300 and the STi version will be 350+. At that range, the car should be a low-end Porsche killer. As it is now, it's a sheep in wolves clothing. Ok, so the sheep can corner. That won't stop the wolf from catching it on the straight away.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnumXL View Post
    $25.5k to go 0-60 in 7.3 seconds when you could get the stock WRX for LESS *AND* have AWD for winter sports? I'll pass. Let me know when the 2 year agreement to not modify the engine is up and they put a turbo on. I'm betting the stock turbo will be nearly 300 and the STi version will be 350+. At that range, the car should be a low-end Porsche killer. As it is now, it's a sheep in wolves clothing. Ok, so the sheep can corner. That won't stop the wolf from catching it on the straight away.
    I bet that 200hp would ruin your car on a track
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Agreed. Again, I don't find this weird at all that they priced it near the WRX. Since it is a very very different car. I don't think that the people on internet forums who are looking to buy a car simply based on performance numbers are in the majority of potential buyers. To the majority the BRZ is a totally different car from the WRX, and meant to serve a different purpose.

Let's face it, the WRX is a wonderful car if you want performance plus everyday liveability. The BRZ, despite "poor" acceleration numbers, is a true sports car that in all likelihood is going to be not just faster but more enjoyable in a race situation than the WRX, unless that race is a drag.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnumXL View Post
    Uh huh. So now you're a wolf?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I guess we'll never know since I don't track my WRX. It's for daily driving. Seriously, I don't know why some of you are getting all bent out of shape over an opinion. There's one less person waiting in line to buy the car. I simply had enough of 15 second cars when I sold my '93 Probe GT, which is almost exactly the same straight-line speed to 1/10 a second as this car to 60 3/10 in the quarter mile. No amount of "fun" cornering is going to change that aspect for me. It's also a poor winter car for the Northern states due to RWD. Thus, it's just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Uh huh. So now you're a wolf?
    I wasn't talking about myself or specific drivers, but cars that might not corner as well but have a lot of power (e.g. A V6 2011/12 Mustang costs less and has considerably more power and better braking. The base WRX also has a lot more power and costs $2k less and has AWD). That cornering "fun" factor must be really high with you guys. Either that or you're sold on eye candy. Either way, I'm simply not impressed. I don't care for push button start either. It's just another fad/gimmick from yesteryear that gives you less control (remember to hold that button in for 3 seconds if you need to cut power in an emergency situation; I'll just turn my key instantly). MAYBE when this thing gets a turbo in two years, I'll have more interest if they can keep the price down. Otherwise, I doubt it.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

I'm not getting bent out of shape about people's opinions about the straight line speed, I'm more interested in challenging the thinking that this and the WRX are directly comparable, i.e. they'll be stealing sales from each other.

And I'm not really getting bent out of shape anyways, just stating my thoughts as well, sorry if it seemed like I was.
    - Will

If you live in an environment where there isn't much snow and rain, ie Texas, both of these cars become very comparable. They become even more comparable when you consider living in the city looking for a daily driver and you have to go out of your way to really find the twisties. The only thing that would really make my decision harder is that I rather dislike the look of the current WRX and the BRZ looks are appealing to me. I think I'll wait this one out for a price drop or the hot rod version they plan on building. I mean I do think I'm like a lot of people who would like a nice balance of power and handling and not just be biased towards handling. Sure theres a 'fun' factor in a slow, but good handling car... but that only comes into play when you're actually tossing it around like crazy. Now one could say vice versa for a Camaro, but I still think theres plenty of room for light way compacts that pack more punch and at the right price (20-24k).
    Last edited by CaRboNaDo; 04-06-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    06 WRX TR CGM {stock} Hawke-Eye #28
    Raysfield- "We don't get much snow, and I don't drive aggressively in the rain, so kind of irrelevant."
    .:Truth:.

We shall have to agree to disagree. I don't think that a small two seater rwd coupe and a four door souped up awd economy car occupy the same segment in the market, as some have claimed. For some people they may be in a position to legitimately consider either, as you appear to be, but I personally think that for the average buyer, these are two very different cars.

Believe me, I wish I would have been able to consider a car like the brz, but there are practical reasons why i chose the wrx as my fun daily driver, and anecdotally I think I'm in the same boat as a lot of other buyers.

If I were you, I'd choose the brz even if they don't add power, cause you always can! And I think it is more of a true sports car.
    - Will

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    We shall have to agree to disagree. I don't think that a small two seater rwd coupe and a four door souped up awd economy car occupy the same segment in the market, as some have claimed. For some people they may be in a position to legitimately consider either, as you appear to be, but I personally think that for the average buyer, these are two very different cars.
    I gave my reasons why they can both occupy the same segment and I hardly consider the WRX an economy car.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    If I were you, I'd choose the brz even if they don't add power, cause you always can! And I think it is more of a true sports car.
    I always can? No, not really and I don't see the validity in such a statement as either car can have power added. Tuning isn't in my interest or budget and neither is voiding my warranty. I want a car I can be happy with out of the gate.
    06 WRX TR CGM {stock} Hawke-Eye #28
    Raysfield- "We don't get much snow, and I don't drive aggressively in the rain, so kind of irrelevant."
    .:Truth:.