The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 23
Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dang, here I was thinking I had caught something lol...

I Support ClubWRX
    Dang, here I was thinking I had caught something lol
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2013 Subaru BRZ Track Test

I Support ClubWRX
    Kinda slow in a straight line, but geeze that car looks good turning! Subaru really got it right I think

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Did anyone else notice at the 6 minute mark that the car was on an AWD dyno with the front wheels spinning? Did Subaru originally plan this car as AWD?
    They probably use the same platform to test their FWD cars.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    So on an all wheel dyno if any of the wheels are turning all of the rollers will turn? Regardless of power going to those wheels?

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Did anyone else notice at the 6 minute mark that the car was on an AWD dyno with the front wheels spinning? Did Subaru originally plan this car as AWD?
    Look closely, the front wheels are spinning opposite

Dynos provide resistance (force) in opposite of wheel motion in order to test power. What happens when you provide force to an un-impeded wheel? It will spin

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    They probably use the same platform to test their FWD cars.
    Bingo.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    EDIT: got beaten to the punch by SD_GR. Yeah, they don't just make AWD cars and the BRZ.

Subaru is very popular in Japan, where they offer a remarkably broad range of vehicles compared the selection offered to the rest of the world. Subaru currently makes a FWD kei car called the Stella (offered with SUPERCHARGED 0.6L engine!!!). At one point they made an AWD version of the Scion xB. Their quirky little kei cars were pretty neat before Toyota shut that division down, and worth reading about on Wikipedia.

The R2 is a fantastic little kei car, and they made a supercharged and intercooled STi version! The styling was done by an ex-Alpha Romeo engineer.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

0-60 in 7.3 seconds? looks like he took off very slowly. and RWD? Very undecided on this car. Not really sure I like the look from the front either.

I Support ClubWRX
    Kinda slow in a straight line, but geeze that car looks good turning! Subaru really got it right I think
    Worse than kinda slow. Those burnout marks at 0.14 look pretty cool, the obviously came from a different car......

The looks? I think the Scion version looks a little better.....sorry, I know that opinion will not be a popular one.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ea126405 View Post
    The looks? I think the Scion version looks a little better.....sorry, I know that opinion will not be a popular one.
    Never apologize for being correct.

Truth be told, it's a shame it's not being sold as a Toyota rather than a Scion or Subaru; the photos of the Toyota version looked best to my eye.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Bump for another on-road Autoblog review:

2013 Subaru BRZ [w/video]

It's sounding like this might be the best handling car out there for the price, and there's more good news straight from Subaru engineering for those dissapointed with the current power numbers:

I asked Masuda-san point-blank if indeed there will be an STI-style turbocharged BRZ by the time this generation reaches the middle of its life in two-and-a-half or three years. A number came out of his mouth that raised my eyebrows. "In future, there is the thought to have as much as 280 horsepower." Well, uh, gosh, that's even a bit more than I was gambling for. "And we are," he went on, "thinking very much about the possibility of a turbocharger." So, could we be digging on somewhere around 250 pound-feet of torque? The master would not confirm or deny, but he did say that such a model would probably not use the acronym STI.
    280 hp on what's reported to be a phenominally responsive and well-balanced chassis? Yes please.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

^ x2

I figure by the time I'll be able to walk in and order one up, they'll have any bugs sorted out and already have the snail included.

With current production wrx'esque power on tap, rwd, light with good balance.. yes please I think I'll have one to GO.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

200 hp is fine but wasnt enough to make me have car envy but NOW it looks great, handles, and will eventually have respectable power numbers... my car is too new to even think what im thinking

I read another review that somewhere that claimed they got the 0-60 in under 7, so who knows. It's just like how one magazine tells me that my WRX goes 0-60 in 5.7 seconds, and another tells me a full second faster. I'm not going to put too much stock in those numbers, and instead focus on all the praise for the chassis.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    "Is it fun to drive?"

There are lots of cars out there with impressive acceleration numbers that would probably bore me to tears.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon