The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 2
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SD_GR The big wing is my main objection at this point. They seem to have corrected the ...

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The big wing is my main objection at this point. They seem to have corrected the nose I think, or the camo covers the problems in any case. I wouldn't wait too long for big turbo versions -- I don't think they're necessary and it's unlikely IMO we'll see them even if they were.
    I dont really expect it but if they did decide to go that route it would be awesome. Subaru needs something to take it to the next level away from the family car that can go anywhere and EVO competition and I have this out there thought of a Turbo V6 in one of those lightweight, modern, good looking cars. IIRC they were talking mid to high 20k range for the Scion/Toyota. Charge 35-40K for that car with a Subaru badge, AWD, a V6 and a decent sized turbo. They would be competing with cars that cost 3-4x that. I agree with it being unnecessary but lets face it, WRX's and STI's are unnecessary. 911 Turbo's, M3's, every Ferrari, Lambo etc are unnecessary on the road but thats what everyone loves. Not trying to say this is the next 911 but in all honesty unnecessary is what most of us here own and love.
    Last edited by GarrettKoonsman; 05-18-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Video: Scion FR-S caught on its working vacation in Germany

We have the Scion FR-S on the brain, and it's not going away anytime soon thanks to the onslaught of new spy photos that keep rolling in. This time, however, we've got video instead of still photography courtesy of our friends at FT86club.com.

It's always great to see a car in motion, and besides, now we have an idea of what the Scion sports car's exhaust note might sound like.

We've been having some fun at Autoblog HQ debating exactly what's going on under all of that swirly camouflage. Some think we may, in fact, be looking at the Subaru version of the Toyota/Subie joint venture – that wing and those wheels say STI to us. However, others point out that the wing could easily be a shout-out to the Supras of yore. Regardless, we all like what we see and can't wait until someone pulls the wraps off this thing.

Video click: autoblog.com/2011/05/20/scion-fr-s-caught-on-its-working-vacation-in-germany/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Spy Shots: Toyobaru spotted on the 405?

These shots appear to be of the Subaru version of the planned, talked-about, redesigned, and talked-about-some-more 2013 Scion FR-S/Toyota FT-86/Toyobaru. According to our reader spy, this version was wearing Subaru distributor plates, pretty much giving away its true identity.

While the heavy camo does a great job obscuring the a good look at the car, and the shots are taken from a distance, it looks like the Subaru coupe will sport slightly more understated lines than its stablemate at Scion.

Click: autoblog.com/2011/05/21/toyobaru-spotted-on-the-405/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    love the rims...
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

Exclamation Subaru Announces New RWD Sports Car "Subaru BRZ" (equivalent of FT-86 / FR-S)

Details via FT86club

One piece of info our community has long been awaiting has just been announced.

Subaru has issued a press release [full transcript inside] announcing the Subaru BRZ name for its concept version of the rear-drive sports coupe that it is co-developing with Toyota.

While Toyota has already shown three concept versions of the FT-86 and Scion FR-S, Subaru has so far only shown a skeletal/powertrain/drivetrain concept (the Boxer Sports Car Architecture Concept). That should change as Subaru will be revealing its BRZ “technology concept” car at next month’s Frankfurt IAA auto show.

See INSIDE for more details and link to the Subaru BRZ teaser site.
    Exciting to see new RWD sports cars coming out of Japan soon!

Dang it I can't tell if it is turbocharged.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sweet.
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob
    KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
    Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Kicker BassStation 2ea. 12" | Blue Prova Rearview

"I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times."

I Support ClubWRX
    Hmmm...a Toyobaru.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    "All We'll Drive"

It isn't going to be turbo charged. I really don't see 200 hp to the crank much to be happy about. As I've said in other threads on other boards. 200 crank hp was cool back in the early 2000's

Is this thing supposed to "replace" the WRX, or is it "in addition to"?
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Not currently at least. I don't believe the fate of the wrx and sti have been decided yet. Anyone that says otherwise it really just guessing. Don't think Subaru has announced anything on that.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    It isn't going to be turbo charged. I really don't see 200 hp to the crank much to be happy about. As I've said in other threads on other boards. 200 crank hp was cool back in the early 2000's
    HP isn't always what people are looking for in a sports car, most people looking for a small sports care are looking for quick handling rather than straight line speed. Take the Miata for instance, the 'speed MX5 didn't even produce 200 BHP, but it's still very nimble and quick. The S2000 made 230 BHP, and 175 lb/ft torque (thanks to a VERY high revving engine) and was quite popular, even with it's rather high price tag. 200 HP in that small of a car will be just fine, but Subaru needs to make sure it handles well.

If Subaru can balance the power and handling properly and keep the price down to affordable, and justifiable, levels I think the car will do quite well.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    I have no problem with a non turbo car. I have owned three mid engined sports cars and two front engined touring cars and an HP number won't be what makes me sign a cheque.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Mixed feelings for me about 4-banger NA cars at this point. Intellectually, I agree with what's been said; it's nice to have the responsiveness and simplicity of a nonturbo car, and horsepower certainly isn't everything. It's got to handle..

OTOH, when I actually get behind the wheel of a car with no forced induction, even one with decent hp numbers, I find myself waiting for something to happen.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon