The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 16
Page 16 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Great find but, you might want to post that here: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/new-ca...ad-merged.html...

I Support ClubWRX
    Great find but, you might want to post that here:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/new-ca...ad-merged.html
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    2013 Subaru BRZ Price Starts at $24,000 – And We Have the Detailed Specs

Editor-in-Chief Ed Loh is currently tearing up Japan in the new 2013 Subaru BRZ and is was tweeting his findings earlier. Chief among them is the starting price for the 2013 BRZ. When we first spoke to Subaru reps for our First Look, they told us the BRZ would cost about as much as the Impreza WRX. Bossman Loh got more out of Subaru reps, who say the base BRZ Premium will start at around $24,000, while the BRZ Limited will sticker for about $27,000.

What exactly does your $24,000 get you on a 2013 BRZ Premium? A Torsen limited-slip differential, 17-inch alloy wheels, tilt-telescope leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather shift knob and handbrake, a six-speed manual transmission, aluminum pedal pads, an eight-speaker sound system, and standard Navigation. That’s all of course in addition to the BRZ’s 200-hp and 151 lb-ft of torque from its 2.0-liter F-4. Not bad for a car that weighs just 2689 pounds. Got an extra $3,000 lying around? For $27,000 you’ll get a BRZ Limited that adds leather-Alcantara upholstery, a rear lip spoiler and foglights, among other things.

Loh was also able to get his hands on the detailed feature list for the BRZ, which you can find below

Click/Specs/Read: motortrend.com/2013-subaru-brz-price-specs-142245

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    BRZ limited it is
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Badge engineering is the ironic label for when a company replaces the badge or branding of a product with that of another and considers it something new. Domestic automakers like Ford, General Motors and Chrysler have been vilified for their overuse of this practice. Then again, they weren't often badge engineering rear-wheel-drive sports cars (though they've done that, too).

This week, Toyota and Subaru both revealed their own versions of a RWD sports car jointly developed between the two companies: the GT 86 and BRZ. You'd be hard-pressed to tell them apart from a distance of 30 yards, but we got up close and personal with each at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show this week and discovered that there are, in fact, subtle differences.

Since we'll be getting the also-slightly different Scion FR-S in the U.S., this exercise is really aimed at our European readers who will be offered the GT 86, but everyone's free to participate.

click/video/galleries/poll: autoblog.com/2011/12/02/in-the-metal-toyota-gt-86-vs-subaru-brz-w-poll/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    double post but I couldn't help myself

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-2013-subaru-brz-fd-opt.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	100864

As a brief for a company like Subaru to have – a company not known for sports cars and that hasn't sold a two-wheel-drive car in the U.S. since the last millennium, which were front-wheel-drive wagons – that's impressive enough. What's more impressive is that they actually did it.

Read More/Photos Info: autoblog.com/2011/12/05/2013-subaru-brz-first-drive-review/

"All We'll Drive"

Well written article about this exciting new car.

I saw the guys from Whiteline have done some measurements and are very happy because most Impreza parts might work with the BRZ.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    At its heart is the Subaru 2.0-litre flat-four front-mounted engine, codenamed FB20 and established already in the Impreza. However, it sits 12cm lower in the engine bay than in the Impreza, and 24cm further back. The result is a claimed 45:55 per cent weight distribution front to rear.

In the car we drove the result was a joy. Subaru is claiming 200bhp at 7000rpm and a redline than starts at 7500rpm, plus maximum torque of 151lb ft at 4000rpm. It felt quick enough, and, thanks to the Toyota-derived cylinder head and direct injection it speeds up faster than any other normally aspirated Subaru boxer engine. Only from 1800-3000rpm is the absence of boost slightly noticeable.

The Subaru BRZ feels agile and light-footed. Turn in to a fast corner and it understeers only very slightly, but trail the brakes or lift mid-corner and that quickly turns in to controllable oversteer. At high speeds it feels very stable – thanks in no small part to its relatively long 2570mm wheelbase.

The engine can be linked to manual or automatic six-speed gearboxes. The first three gear ratios of the manual are shorter than the steps of the automatic box in order to increase the low torque gap and sharpen the sporty handling. The automatic box, which image-wise probably fits better to the Toyota version, comes with the three modes 'Auto', 'Manual' and 'Temporary Manual', the latter allowing downshifting via paddles behind the steering wheel. Both work well, but the manual is more fun.

Read Whole Article: autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Subaru-BRZ-2.0/

"All We'll Drive"

Edmunds' Inside Line: 2013 Subaru BRZ First Drive

My favorite quote: "This 2013 Subaru BRZ is not for lightweights. Anyone who picks one up merely because it's nice-looking and gets decent mileage (estimated 30 mpg highway) will likely end up hating it. The ride is too stiff, the engine is too noisy and the tires are too loud. In other words, this is a car for true enthusiasts."

I really hope it's true, but I'm still waiting for the STI version.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Midnight Black Pearl
    2009 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 5MT - Dark Gray Metallic

I Support ClubWRX
    nice
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    Note the title: Turbo version of BRZ Engine. Doesn't mean it will fit in or be used in the BRZ. Just that the FA engine is going to be the base for the new 2.0L Turbo engines. It may just be in the WRX/STi not the BRZ sets. Also the whole confirmed supercharger for the FT-86 is crap from what I have seen. The original quote I saw was a Toyota enginer when asked about turbocharging the engine said they would use a supercharger in this sort of application or some such. Not that they were going to make one for the 86/FRS.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    In all honesty I don't think Subaru will go more than a couple years without throwing a turbo version out there. Thats not based on any word from them but simply the demographic. Either way Im still a believer that the car has huge potential without the turbo. All i know is i can't wait to test drive one and hopefully own one here in a few years
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Here's that direct injected 2.0L turbo Zax has been wanting...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Here's that direct injected 2.0L turbo Zax has been wanting...
    LMAO I was just talking to my coworker about it.

A worthy swap into my Bugeye??
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/