The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 14
Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Weasel 555 Subaru debuts production BRZ sport coupe Attachment 100704 Replace that ugly front bumper with a ...

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    Subaru debuts production BRZ sport coupe

Attachment 100704
    Replace that ugly front bumper with a Ferarri FF bumper, price it at $25k, and I'll buy one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Mixed feelings, now that we're seeing production models. It's light, meaning that the 200'ish hp is really more like 245hp in our standard, 3300lb-ish cars. Hopefully it handles like a monster, and is priced right.

It looks a little pedestrian, in the way that a 6th generation Celica looked pedestrian to me. Hopefully I'll like it in person!

edit:I'm also wondering if it's the silver BRZ in the video that's giving me the impression. It doesn't do much to show off the lines of the car.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 11-30-2011 at 06:10 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I for one really like it. The styling isn't the best but it isn't "ugly". Really interested what the pricing will be though. I have a feeling it's gonna start in the 30k range.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

The production versions look weak. The wheels don't seem wide enough and don't fill out the fenders enough IMO. I hope the STI version is really in the works.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    The production versions look weak. The wheels don't seem wide enough and don't fill out the fenders enough IMO. I hope the STI version is really in the works.
    You want wide?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01-subaru-brz-gt300-live-628.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	100755
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    If the suspension is set up correctly .. you dont need super wide tires to function well. Of course they look nicer, but they're not needed. Remember this thing is light, for the weight of the car a 215 is more than adequate for street use. Actually.. have a look at the vid where the guy is tossing the car around on the track. Seems to me the 215's do pretty well. I think a nice healthy 235 and 15mm or so less ride height would look wicked but there has to be a reason why the engineers chose the wheel/tire package they did.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    You want wide?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01-subaru-brz-gt300-live-628.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	100755
    Does "Proud of BOXER" sound better when translated into Japanese? Seems like a weird phrase in my head.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    I agree that it needs some 235-245's on it and a slight drop but lets face it. Thats what all these companies that make parts are for
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Oh and possible turbo motor to fit in the BRZ?

Subaru's New FB Turbo Motor - NASIOC
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Price they are quoting for the Premium version of the BRZ is about the same as the Base price for the WRX so around that 26k number. Initially there will only be a Premium and Limited Trim version of the WRX. At least if you believe Motor Trend.

Subaru BRZ - 2011 Tokyo Motor Show - Motor Trend

Toyota 86 First Drive - Motor Trend

Some interesting reads.

All I can say is I should have kept the Civic a couple of more years. Looks like it could be one heck of a fun little car. Of course, I might not even fit in it but a guy can dream.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    WANT!! Even more than before. Video editing is a magical thing
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

The reason is looks 'pedestrian' (kind of agree on the Celica comparison) is the lack of character on the hood (ala where's the hood scoop). If they couldn't add a turbo, they could have still had a small vent or air scoop for character. Nothing says 'muscle' like a scoop. At least they didn't automatically junk them all up with those obnoxious rear spoilers prototypes had. The fog lights look useless. The digital speedometer readout looks a bit 'cheap' for lack of a better word. I like the DRLs. By comparison, it's a shame they only used the brights on the recent WRX (that looks kind of cheap-o re-using existing lights instead of dedicated ones when the existing projectors scream for a halo or...something). The biggest problem is that nothing will make this car a good year-round car in a Northern climate and if I was going to have a car for 3-seasons only, I'd personally want a bit more power (i.e. the turbo thing again). Otherwise, it's not bad looking, certainly better than the average Subaru for the past oh say...forever.

I disagree (respectfully) with almost everything just said. I think the hood looks very clean and am extremely glad they didn't put a scoop on a NA car. I also think the digital speedometer is an awesome edition. When really getting on it and checking gauges it is nice to have everything within 1" of each other (Speedo, tach, shift light). I seriously believe pending a test drive that this will be the car I purchase in the next 2 years
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

The video was pretty awesome...I do think if its dropped just under an inch, and slap on some 235s...perhaps some thicker sidewalls (is it me or do the rear tires look very rounded, almost stretched???)...and you have a winner.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying