The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 13
Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Looking at these pictures more makes me think that the subaru is a far cleaner styled car. The Ft's rims ...

Looking at these pictures more makes me think that the subaru is a far cleaner styled car. The Ft's rims are ricer as hell and just look at the tails.....eww. They took a page out of subaru for those things. But then you look at the subie and it has nice flowing rims and the tails are all red and clean. Ft is a ricer mobile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dig the white on the bbs wheels.. even for the yota version that's a clean car. Looking forward to see what subaru's final release looks like.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm intrigued with giving one of these a drive. Shawn, pick one up so I can get a test drive when you're back in Charlotte. Kthnks.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I'll get right on that Ray lol..

Actually I may have to wander to the local dealer and con a salesman into letting me give one a go. I need to pay off my wrx before I want to entertain another payment worthy car.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

If only it were AWD, or perhaps if only I lived somewhere nice! Should turn out to be a really nice car
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Yeah it looks like it will be a great second car for northerners, or at the very least a decent autocross car if it stays around long enough to make it to the secondary market. I mean half the guys I know that race Miata's do so because you can get into one for Street Touring class for 5k a lot of the time. Will have to see more about it to see if it is fun enough to drive and still practical enough to catch on as a normal car in better climates.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Subaru debuts production BRZ sport coupe

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	subaru-brz-production-tokyo.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	100704

Toyoto's UK division spilled the beans on the production GT 86 over the holiday weekend, and now Subaru has let loose on its version of this jointly developed sports coupe: the BRZ. Not surprisingly, most of the details we know about both models are identical, including their naturally aspirated 2.0-liter horizontally opposed boxer engines, your choice of 6-speed manual or automatic (with shift paddles) transmissions, rear-wheel-drive layout and low center of gravity.

Toyota states that the GT 86's engine will produce 197 bhp and 151 lb-ft of torque. Likewise, Subaru says its version will make a nice, round 200 horsepower and 151 lb-ft. Subaru also revealed a couple of tidbits that Toyota left out, including a svelte curb weight of 2,689 pounds and a standard tire size will be 215/45R17 rubber.

As for the car's design, there's nothing here we haven't seen before in the various concept iterations of the BRZ (and FT-86, for that matter). It's up to you to decide whether or not that's a good thing, but we'll just say we think the BRZ's better angle is from the rear.

Click: autoblog.com/2011/11/28/subaru-debuts-production-brz-sport-coupe/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

first thing I'd do is swap that mouthguard lookin plastic grill for the flush mounted toyota one. Otherwise I dont see many differences. We'll see about the rest when they hit the streets. First thing that comes to mind about that large grill opening is " could puta giant fmic in there " Even if oem doesn't turbo this car.. I'm sure the aftermarket will.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

here's to hoping that mouthgaurd is removable, i like the rest of the front bumper on the brz, toyota's version just looks odd
    2004 wrx 5-door, freshie in college, miss my car

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    the BRZ has a kinda peugeot-esque front bumper part/grill

Peugeot RCZ

Last edited by Weasel 555; 11-29-2011 at 03:47 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

exactly.. pug= Pretty UGly

I do hope the mouthgaurd is removeable. I agree the rest of the bumper looks better than the yota counterpart. However.. if I owned one and really couldn't separate the guard from the bumper I'd not hesitate to get the yota part and swap em.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

here the new BRZ first test drive

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    ^^ I really wish I knew what the hell that guy was saying
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012subarubrzreveal.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	100731

It's finally arrived: Subaru's version of the long-in-gestation Toyobaru has just said hello to the world at the Tokyo Motor Show. In case you've been in Witness Protection for the past two weeks, we'll recap the major specs: 2,689 pounds, 200 horsepower and 151 pound-feet from the direct-injected 2.0-liter boxer engine, six-speed manual and automatic transmissions on offer and a lower center of gravity than a Ferrari 458 Italia.

There's still no word on pricing yet, but this is the rear-drive sports car that will be working to redefine little, fast, flickable handling. One more thing about the Subie version: it's the only one you can get in this shade of blue.

click press release/photos: autoblog.com/2011/11/29/2012-subaru-brz-tokyo-motor-show-2011/

"All We'll Drive"