The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! - Page 10
Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The BIG BRZ Bickering Brief! within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It's OK. The wing is embarrassing, hopefully it's an option (and an expensive one, to discourage fitment). The wheels look ...

I Support ClubWRX
    It's OK. The wing is embarrassing, hopefully it's an option (and an expensive one, to discourage fitment). The wheels look better than other shots I'd seen. The nose is a bit generic-Japanese but that's fine. Not a bad looking little car at all.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    I think its gorgeous. Every angle, every part
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    It's OK. The wing is embarrassing, hopefully it's an option
    I'm with you on that. I was hoping that it was merely a concept car thing, to attract the Paul Walker element, and would not be a standard item on the final model. The older I get, the stupider rear wings look to me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    This car is about driver finesse and skill. It doesn't have to have oodles of power to be a great street-driven car.

It seems like a lot of people are reacting with "ZOMG it doesn't have 705 and 1/2 horsepower?!?!1?" Fine. Perhaps it isn't the car suited for your ricer flybys, but that's not to say it won't be a great little car.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    The older I get, the stupider rear wings look to me.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    This car is about driver finesse and skill. It doesn't have to have oodles of power to be a great street-driven car.

It seems like a lot of people are reacting with "ZOMG it doesn't have 705 and 1/2 horsepower?!?!1?" Fine. Perhaps it isn't the car suited for your ricer flybys, but that's not to say it won't be a great little car.
    If the hazards still work...fanbois will use them...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

It's okay, Mikie, I'll "grandfather" wings that are already in existence, like for earlier STI's.

</seewhatIdidthere>
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I'd like it more with the 11+ STI sedan wing, rather than that park bench.
    Laterdays...
    Chris | 2011 WRB WRX Hatchback
    SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT Boost Gauge & Heat Shield
    Stink-Eye Mob #210
    Facebook me here
    Prohevito In Altum

I like the pictures but I'm sure it looks amazing in person. Very disappointing that it's not turbocharged.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

The manager at my dealership said Toyotas contract wouldn't let them make it turbo or awd. But that in '14 or '15 there would be a turbo model, and optionally awd. Own how much of that is insider info or just speculations.

And the new WRX's will be redesigned to be more powerful, and to meet whatever standards they aren't now for wrc.
    Laterdays...
    Stink-Eye Mob #210
    Facebook me here
    Prohevito In Altum

Quote Originally Posted by xlaterdaysx View Post
    The manager at my dealership said Toyotas contract wouldn't let them make it turbo or awd. But that in '14 or '15 there would be a turbo model, and optionally awd. Own how much of that is insider info or just speculations.

And the new WRX's will be redesigned to be more powerful, and to meet whatever standards they aren't now for wrc.
    I would be more interested in what happens with the wrx and sti. 3000lbs with 350hp would be very nice!
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

He said both WRX and STI are gettin more HP since the new frame and suspension can handle it.
    Laterdays...
    Stink-Eye Mob #210
    Facebook me here
    Prohevito In Altum

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm sorry but the manager cannot possibly know what he claims to know.He can only speculate like the rest of us.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX

This means two large, JP-based multinational firms collaborated on an all-new small coupe and used their substantial resources to develop it, and before it's available for sale to anyone they first notified a manager of a car dealership in MI, USA about their plans for that new car, and the plans for an existing successful model, and their motorsports aspirations.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

^^^ It could happen
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post

It's okay, Mikie, I'll "grandfather" wings that are already in existence, like for earlier STI's.

</seewhatIdidthere>
    Well played sir

There are some days that I walk out and look at my car and wonder...wtf is this wing doing on an Impreza...but other days; I love it. It's awesome.

I'd like it more with the 11+ STI sedan wing, rather than that park bench.
    I'm not a huge fan of the 11+ STI wing. I think it looks a lot more like a current Evo or Cobalt SS wing than its own thing. The new gen STI Sedans look BALLER with just a trunk lip though. That should be a factory option.