Subaru confirms 'Toyobaru' sports coupe for Geneva

This is a discussion on Subaru confirms 'Toyobaru' sports coupe for Geneva within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; While Toyota has been happy to supply the world with glimpses of and whispers about its version of the FT-86 ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post Subaru confirms 'Toyobaru' sports coupe for Geneva

While Toyota has been happy to supply the world with glimpses of and whispers about its version of the FT-86 sports coupe, Subaru has been suspiciously quiet about its planned version of the car. But it looks like that's about to change. The Pleiades has announced the vehicles that it plans to show off at this year's Geneva Motor Show in March, and tucked amongst the already-revealed Impreza Concept and the new Trezia econobox is word that the Subaru Rear-Wheel Drive Sports Car Technology Concept will also make an appearance. The news answers the question of whether or not the Subaru end of the venture would boast the company's trademark all-wheel drive when it debuts. All signs point to no at least in concept form.

Other than the fact that the RWD Subaru will bow in Geneva, there's no indication as to what the car will look like or whether or not it will ever show up in American showrooms. We do know that the vehicle will boast a Subaru boxer four-cylinder under its hood, though it's unclear whether the engine will be a next-generation interpretation of the engine it currently markets or if Subaru will stick the old turbo lump out front. We'll probably find out soon enough.

Click Read More: autoblog.com/2011/01/14/subaru-confirms-toyobaru-sports-coupe-for-geneva/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looks pretty sweet. Maybe IF we get this in the U.S. people will stop trying to make their wrx's into RWD.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

I Support ClubWRX
    "American pricing hasn’t been announced, but in Japan, Fuji Heavy Industries’s president Mori Ikuo says the car will go for about 70 percent of the price of an STI. If that pricing structure translates over here, the 216a should start at less than $24,000. [via Subaru]"
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Like the looks, hope it comes to America

taking into account the camo "body panels" it just looks like a 2011 wrx with the back door cut in half...idk, im not sure i like it...would have to see it when done. Besides, then its just a rwd sports car, and I feel like subaru isnt the best brand to get into that, seeing as they are always awd.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

i agree with spirited09wrx^..it looks like a smaller impreza and thats fine but dont add half doors, also i think it should keep subarus awd presence even if it may cause more understeer than rwd