Want To Buy 16" rims with or without winter tires - Connecticut
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 16" rims with or without winter tires - Connecticut within the NES: Local For Sale Only ! forums, part of the New England States category; Hello, Supposed to get my '13 5-door wrx withing the next couple of weeks and I'm going to need to ...

16" rims with or without winter tires - Connecticut

Hello,

Supposed to get my '13 5-door wrx withing the next couple of weeks and I'm going to need to buy some winter rims/tires. I'd be interested in steel/alloy wheels with or without winter tires on them.

you can respond to this thread or send me a PM, I'll check both.

From connecticut.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you end up getting snow tires/rims? I have a 13 wrx hatch and live in CT too. Wondering what you went with and how much they cost.

i actually ended up just getting 235/45/17" nexen wingaurds from townfair ($780 w/ tax installed and tpms reset). i waited too long and then that huge blizzard came and i had no choice and just pulled the trigger. if i had to do it again i'd just grab 16" steelies (or w.e. cheap alloy rim you want to pay for) from tire rack, and 215/55/16 general altimax studless tires.

the steelies with that setup are like .. $775? plus shipping (whatever that is), and they'll mount and balance the tires for you before they ship them.

and if you don't care about having your tpms sensor light on all winter you can just not get new sensors. or if that's guna annoy you i think it's $150ish? for all 4 sensors.

then you'll just have to go some where to have them installed $? (or do it yourself) and have them reset the tpms if you decide to get those which might cost $40?

the only nice thing is townfair will do the change over, balance, and reset the tpms for "free" since i bought the tires there.

where do you live? and how are you enjoying the car so far? i've been looking for a dealer i can get buddybuddy with the service guy so that i can install some light mods and not be hassled about it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.