Anyone give me an idea what i should ask/expect?

This is a discussion on Anyone give me an idea what i should ask/expect? within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So... long story short, turbo somehow imploded upon itself, sending schrapnel into my engine, and mixing the oil/coolant this causing ...

Unhappy Anyone give me an idea what i should ask/expect?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	122010So... long story short, turbo somehow imploded upon itself, sending schrapnel into my engine, and mixing the oil/coolant this causing total engine failure.. (literally thought my car was on fire with how much smoke was pouring out of the engine bay/exhaust... firetrucks actually came)... Anyways... Pricing a rebuild at about 7grand, i simply cannot invest the money, so im trying to get an idea what my car is worth, being sold with the engine blown.

Car:

2006 Subaru WRX Limited Sedan w/ 86k miles. Car is fully wrapped in Carbon Fiber wrap, matte. Car is black underneath. Has a big ol Godspeed TMIC, 3" turboback exhaust, Blitz Venturi BOV, SPT Intake, and an accessport (which i'll be unmarrying to sell seperate). Body is very clean and straight. Interior is perfect (leather).

What do you all think i should list the car on craigslist as a starting price? Any ideas?

Thanks for your input!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonFyber View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	122010So... long story short, turbo somehow imploded upon itself, sending schrapnel into my engine, and mixing the oil/coolant this causing total engine failure.. (literally thought my car was on fire with how much smoke was pouring out of the engine bay/exhaust... firetrucks actually came)... Anyways... Pricing a rebuild at about 7grand, i simply cannot invest the money, so im trying to get an idea what my car is worth, being sold with the engine blown.

Car:

2006 Subaru WRX Limited Sedan w/ 86k miles. Car is fully wrapped in Carbon Fiber wrap, matte. Car is black underneath. Has a big ol Godspeed TMIC, 3" turboback exhaust, Blitz Venturi BOV, SPT Intake, and an accessport (which i'll be unmarrying to sell seperate). Body is very clean and straight. Interior is perfect (leather).

What do you all think i should list the car on craigslist as a starting price? Any ideas?

Thanks for your input!
    7grand for rebuild including labor or without labor? I'd say list the car for 10k

Adding after market parts doesn't increase the value of the car though.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe look up the nada value and subtract what it will cost to get it completely fixed.. then knock off a little more for how much it will cost the buyer to replace the TMIC and BOV.

Praying for a clean top end.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    7grand for rebuild including labor or without labor? I'd say list the car for 10k

Adding after market parts doesn't increase the value of the car though.
    Agreed that the aftermarket parts don't add value, but seem to help it hold value if the right buyer is present. The 10k "estimate" was for a genuine Subaru (from the dealer) motor, with turbo. and yes, included labor.

Im going to perform a compression test on the engine this coming weekend, because after taking off the TMIC, it is certainly full of antifreeze/oil but im not seeing any metal shavings/bits in the outlet side/throttle body of the engine... Could be that the intercooler caught what peices there were and saved the day... Turbo is definately done for tho, havent pulled it yet, but its a oily mess and antifreeze sludgy. If the cars compression test comes back decent, i may just buy a cheap 16g and throw it on and sell it off for somewhere around that 10k.... But i dont think i'd get 10k for a car with a bad engine.